“Fantastic Wedding rehearsal Dinner”

La Scala Restaurant
Ranked #71 of 1,808 Restaurants in Mississauga
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Etobicoke
Reviewed May 22, 2017

My husband and I recently hosted our son's wedding rehearsal dinner here for 55 people and were absolutely delighted at the exceptional service and wonderful food. We were planning the dinner from another Province never having been to the restaurant so we had quite a number of questions during the process, Miriam was wonderful to work with,always very prompt answering all our questions and offering many helpful suggestions.She went above and beyond the call of duty helping with purchasing the flowers for the centrepieces. She and the staff assisted us with decorating prior to the dinner and every request was met with a positive can do attitude. The rehearsal at the church was shorter than anticipated and a good portion of the 55 invitees ended up at the restaurant a half hour early and Miriam and her staff did an outstanding job welcoming us and bringing out the hors d'oeuvres without delay.
Everyone thoroughly enjoyed their meal and drinks and the atmosphere and decor together with the friendly staff made the entire evening most enjoyable.
I would certainly not hesitate to plan another function at this wonderful venue.

1  Thank Debby M

Reviewed May 14, 2017

The food was ok...the service was rushed until we told them to slow down, which they did...nice decor...in an out of the way location. Our main concern was with the portion sizes for the price. We do not mind paying for good food, but this was ok food with very small portions. We ordered a double portion of the appetizer and what we got was the size of one in most places we have been to!

Reviewed April 25, 2017

We arrived at 630 pm to a warm greeting by the owner. Once seated I looked around to observe a relatively small, humbly appointed dining room with a bar on the south wall. Italian music was playing as heard from the speakers in the ceiling over my head. We were asked if drinks were in order and those interested ordered. A few bottles of were also ordered from a limited wine list. Appys included bruschetta and grilled calamari...both delicious. I ordered a caprese salad...again, exquisite. I also ordered the chicken parmesan which is the best I have EVER had. All others were very happy with their mains. After 5 bottles were consumed, coffee was enjoyed, the bill paid and we departed. Service was excellent. Plan on spending 50 buck per person at a minimum (includes drinks). I would eat here every night if possible!

1  Thank Tootsie20
Reviewed April 21, 2017

I am frequently in Mississauga for business, specifically in the area of La Scala Restaurant. I have eaten there several times, and the service has always been stellar! The food is delicious and I have specific requirements for my meals of which they are always willing to accommodate.

I highly recommend this establishment for formal meals and business meals!

Reviewed April 12, 2017

We have just returned from supper at La Scala and felt we had to write a review right away. We are staying at hotel near the airport and were looking for a place to have a nice meal - La Scala looked like a good spot. We were not disappointed. For starters we had a poached pear salad accompanied with arugula, pecans and gorgonzola, in a raspberry vinaigrette, a bowl of homemade minestrone and a baby spinach salad with dried cranberries, and goat cheese with honey balsamic vinaigrette. The main coursel was fabulous - osso buco like mama used to make, the tenderest veal with mushrooms, and a baked chicken breast topped with roasted red pepper, goat cheese in a brandy cream sauce. Our waitress Olympia took very good care of us and made our experience here exceptional. We met the owner Miriam who was just as nice, very proud of her restaurant and also added to an already wonderful evening. We will definitely return to La Scala whenever we're in the area and always when we are in overnight to take a flight out the next day. What a great way to start a vacation!!