“Nicely decorated”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Etobicoke
Reviewed July 24, 2017

La Scala is nicely decorated, and convenient for dining near the airport. The waiter had no personality or warmth. Pasta, fish special and veal we just okay.

Review collected in partnership with ASUS 12 W8 IE Bookmark

Reviewed July 23, 2017

La Scala came highly recommended by friends for their food and service. We decided to try it out on a couple of occasions to experience it firsthand since we were looking for a place to celebrate our son's Confirmation. Consistent on both fronts so we booked the event. Mariam was helpful in offering our menu options as well as decor to make the day special for us. On the day of the event, the tables looked beautiful, the food was delicious but above all, the service was exceptional! Mariam and her team made our guests feel comfortable and went above and beyond ensuring that the food and drinks were served timely. We are happy to recommend La Scala and would return again!

Reviewed July 22, 2017 via mobile

Bruschetta was excellent - besides that, my pasta and tiramisu were nothing that special

It's in a convenient business park - so if you have meetings there, it's worth it to go

Reviewed July 15, 2017

This was my first time at the restaurant. I was here for a business lunch and had no specific expectations. It is more on the upscale side which was evidenced by the linen table cloths, high prices and smaller size portions.

Based on what we ate the illusion of the ambiance did not transcend into a great meal. Overall there was minimal value derived from my experience. The food did not match the prices for either taste or dimension of the dish.

Reviewed July 8, 2017 via mobile

I chose this place for dinner on the strength of the TripAdvisor reviews and because I was staying by the import and craving Italian. It's a quiet place with about 20 tables. The menu consists of 15 appetizers and salads and 14 entrees. This night there were also some specials. I typically default to a caprese salad and chicken parmigiana at unknown Italian joints because they're hard to screw up and they're favorites. The caprese salad was very nice although the tomatoes could've been more ripe. The chicken parm was very good, in fact it tasted just like mine I make at home and I make a pretty good parm. The side of pasta was cooked perfectly to al dente. The red sauce tasted home made and wasn't too sweet. The service was well paced, friendly and attentive. The check for the appetizer, entree and a nice glass of red wine was $48 CAD/$37 USD.