All reviews budget hotel bed was comfortable pearson international airport nice room fridge units
Reviewed July 30, 2016 via mobile

I booked two room by the phone with there call center it went great until we arrived at the hotel... First when we arrived the employe at the reception asked us for the credit card that we used for the booking. As we believed that the full paiment was already taken by the call center my boyfriend asked for 2 minutes to look on his account just to be sure that we are not paying twice, the employe started to be really rude with us and impatient that we give him the card. We just wanted 2 minutes to make sure and there were no one else at the desk waiting to be serve. Then we noticed that the price he was taking didn't match with the amount we had on our e-mail confirmation, when I pointed that fact he just started to be really impolite with me and say that its the system price its not possible so I showed him my confirmation and he just told me to come back at 9 am the morning after to discuss it with the manager... When we arrived in the room on the second floor the first one was ok but the second one was smelling cigarette smoke really badly. As we had children with us I always make sure that I book non smoking room so I went back to the desk and ask for another room but the hotel was full. So the reason that the manager gave us is that there is smoking rooms in the hotel and its spreading by the ventilation sometimes! We had to argu with them for a long time that is not something that you should expect when you book a non smoking room. After a waste of 30 minutes arguying with them they refunded the second room but be sure that we will never set foot again in one of this hotel and we won't recommend it to anyone!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Sophie D
Reviewed July 22, 2016

We was told there was only one room left and it was smoking and Queen size, even though my wife kept giving me "the look" to go elsewhere i decided to take it. we took the one elevator that was screaming the whole way up to the 3rd floor and had to walk approximately 7 miles to the room at the end of the hall. Just kidding but in my condition, i just had a fresh nephrostomy tube put in so walking wasnt very comfortable.
Room first glance looked clean.. no bedbugs. close inspection though showed hair all over the freaking place.. mattress pillow cases.. bathroom and shower. Nicotine drip marks lined the bathroom door frame, walls and toilet.
Wasn't Queen.
Floor was hard wood, so the pet friendly rooms that was occupied, on either side, with families that exercised that right and had dogs, that barked all night and kept slamming the walls oddly enough. and non stop clicking of paw nails ..yes the noise carried that well.
Air Condition worked awesome though.
Slept 3.5 hours due to bed was harder than a oil worker on weekend rotation. which made my tube bleed.
We left told the guy on duty, he made some excuses and we left.
Spend the additional 15$ and go 3 minutes up the road for better experience.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Joseph H
Reviewed April 1, 2016 via mobile

Overall, this hotel delivers on everything it says it will. You are paying less than $70 a night for a clean, no-frills room but you still have clean towels, daily service and free coffee every morning.

You can, based on availability, book a week-long stay, which comes at a reduced rate, however this also means you forego the daily maid service.

It is pet friendly, so you will see a lot of dogs. For people walking their dogs, be sure to look out for small metal pieces sticking up around the trees - presumably from the basket they came it. Also, please be courteous and pick up your Pet's waste. Too many people don't.

Finally, because it is located right on the 401, this hotel received regular drive through a by marked police cars. They run every plate in the parking lot and that makes me feel somewhat safer...not that I ever got the feeling that it was not a safe place to stay. I never heard any noise from neighbouring rooms.

Clientele varies widely from labourers and truckers to business people - judging by the selection of rigs to sports cars in the parking lot.

Front desk was very receptive to any request, and very friendly day or night. I would absolutely stay here again. Great value for the money.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank tom_weihmayr
Reviewed March 20, 2016

We were looking for an inexpensive hotel that was in a relatively central location and this is where we booked. We were pleasantly surprised overall. The rooms were well appointed, for a budget motel, it had a mini-fridge a flat screen TV, and free wifi. Plenty of parking and it's location is perfect being right off the 401. Check in was a breeze, the room was as we expected and staff were pleasant. There were a few minor inconveniences, but given the price we paid for the room that was to be expected. No microwave, only 1 bedside table and no kingsize bed option. But again, those are minor when considering the price you pay. If I wanted a luxuriously appointed room, I would have booked a room at another hotel.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jamie M
Reviewed March 5, 2016

Hotel is a cheaper option but beds are comfy and rooms are fine to sleep in for the night. We got stuck in a snow storm and had to get off the roads. This is definately not a hilton but for the price you cant beat it for a night. Front desk staff were polite and rooms were clean with fresh towles. Free wifi in the rooms. Average room with newer upgraded rooms. Our non smoking room did have a small hint of smoke. For $71 for the night how could you go wrong. This has to be the most affordable hotel that I have stayed at in awhile.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple