“Simply horrible night!”

Motel 6 Toronto Mississauga
Ranked #50 of 61 Hotels in Mississauga
Reviewed 18 October 2016

Have stayed here before without major problems, checked in around 6 pm, service was very pleasant, About 10 pm we were hearing a lot of noise from the room above, banging, thumping, sounded like an elephant was thumping around, an moving furniture, this went on til well past midnight when we poned the front desk to complain. The clerk on duty was rude, laughed at us. He said he went upstairs and the people in that room had been hotel residents for 6 weeks, they were sleeping etc etc etc. Finally after further complaints he agreed to move us and put us up on the 3rd floor with nobody above us. Walked past the room which had been above us and guess what. Lots of music, laughter, and noise. Further watching explained the whole thing, LOts of guys coming and going all night long. Running a house of prostitution on the 3rd floor!! One of the customers dropped his underwear and socks out in the hall as he was leaving.

Room Tip: Stay on the 3 rd floor if you don't want to listen to the beds upstairs rocking all night
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Dogperson1021

Reviewed 17 October 2016

Service was very friendly and helpful. Our room was clean and had everything you need, but the room, which was supposed to be Nonsmoking, smelled terribly of cigarettes. Good place just for a one night stand.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 September 2016

The hotel is basic and good value for the money, The staff is great that is what makes it stand out the most. They are super friendly and always greet you with a smile. The staff from Whitby could learn from these people

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 August 2016

Room was clean and fairly quiet, front desk staff efficient. Everything pretty average but elevator went out of service just after we checked in and was still out of service when we left two days later.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2016

So I just booked into the Motel 6 here on Argentia Rd in Mississauga so I would not have to drive 90 minutes each way to Oshawa for work for the week. Toronto traffic can be a madhouse and nightmare on a good day.

The company I work for, had told me I would be out here from Monday to Friday.

Well that all changed in a phone call. Not a problem.

So I went to the front desk and spoke to Nasil, and told him of my issue about having to travel back to the area where I live for the next day.

I inquired about a refund on my credit card for the two nights that I no longer need.
NOT A PROBLEM getting a refund here.

Nasil was outstanding and totally understanding.
I was already showered and ready for bed, so I stayed the one night.

I just really want to thank Nasil for his assistance and my CC has already been refunded.

Room Tip: Just look at the room options and choose what you need.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 July 2016 via mobile

I booked two room by the phone with there call center it went great until we arrived at the hotel... First when we arrived the employe at the reception asked us for the credit card that we used for the booking. As we believed that the full paiment was already taken by the call center my boyfriend asked for 2 minutes to look on his account just to be sure that we are not paying twice, the employe started to be really rude with us and impatient that we give him the card. We just wanted 2 minutes to make sure and there were no one else at the desk waiting to be serve. Then we noticed that the price he was taking didn't match with the amount we had on our e-mail confirmation, when I pointed that fact he just started to be really impolite with me and say that its the system price its not possible so I showed him my confirmation and he just told me to come back at 9 am the morning after to discuss it with the manager... When we arrived in the room on the second floor the first one was ok but the second one was smelling cigarette smoke really badly. As we had children with us I always make sure that I book non smoking room so I went back to the desk and ask for another room but the hotel was full. So the reason that the manager gave us is that there is smoking rooms in the hotel and its spreading by the ventilation sometimes! We had to argu with them for a long time that is not something that you should expect when you book a non smoking room. After a waste of 30 minutes arguying with them they refunded the second room but be sure that we will never set foot again in one of this hotel and we won't recommend it to anyone!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Sophie D
Reviewed 22 July 2016

We was told there was only one room left and it was smoking and Queen size, even though my wife kept giving me "the look" to go elsewhere i decided to take it. we took the one elevator that was screaming the whole way up to the 3rd floor and had to walk approximately 7 miles to the room at the end of the hall. Just kidding but in my condition, i just had a fresh nephrostomy tube put in so walking wasnt very comfortable.
Room first glance looked clean.. no bedbugs. close inspection though showed hair all over the freaking place.. mattress pillow cases.. bathroom and shower. Nicotine drip marks lined the bathroom door frame, walls and toilet.
Wasn't Queen.
Floor was hard wood, so the pet friendly rooms that was occupied, on either side, with families that exercised that right and had dogs, that barked all night and kept slamming the walls oddly enough. and non stop clicking of paw nails ..yes the noise carried that well.
Air Condition worked awesome though.
Slept 3.5 hours due to bed was harder than a oil worker on weekend rotation. which made my tube bleed.
We left told the guy on duty, he made some excuses and we left.
Spend the additional 15$ and go 3 minutes up the road for better experience.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family