All reviews simple furniture movie channels room was clean average room budget hotel check in was quick and easy easy access late at night free wifi pearson international airport would stay again highway fridge desk walmart units washroom
Reviewed May 22, 2010

We stayed at the Motel 6 for a week in May 2010. We found it clean, quiet, and comfortable. It has wireless internet and laundry facilities on site. The room was a good size for us and the location was good, being close to the 401 highway and there were lots of stores and restaurants nearby. I would recommend it to travelers who are looking to be within a 20 minute drive to the airport and want a less expensive motel to stay at.

Date of stay: May 2010
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bayside24
Reviewed April 5, 2010

Great location and friendly, helpful staff. Easy walking distance to restaurants and shopping. Good highway access.

Date of stay: March 2010
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank thecoyoteToronto
Reviewed September 10, 2009

My family stays in hotels/motels on a regular bases and we have never seen one anything like this.
To start, when my husband checked in they made him wait over an hour to get the room clean. Then they explained they cleaned the wrong room so he would have to wait longer. Then when I entered the room, there were little papers all over the floor from alcohol bottles, so after my husband waiting well over an hour, I had to clean the room myself.
Then I noticed the filth of the comforters on the beds and stains through-out the room and hallways. There is a bad odor in the room from what ever it is they spray in the rooms also.
The front desk staff was nice until they had the money for the room, then they treated us really bad and changed the rates when they felt the want too.
Demanding room check every other day wasn't bad enough, (I have never experienced room check in a hotel/motel before), but they also banged on our door before 10:00am for check out to come in and clean the room.
We did try to speak to the manager, but he refused because he was too busy sitting there reading a newspaper (or similar).
Then today (September 10, 2009) there was no warning what so ever (after being here almost 2 weeks) that the fire alarm will be going off all day long.
My family will be staying in a motel for about another month until our home is ready to be moved into, but today I will be leaving Motel 6 and I will NEVER stay again, nor would I recommend it ever.
Customer Relations has also been contacted and pretty much expresses if you don't like it, then go elsewhere. We have not even been offered as much as an apoligy for everything this place had put our family through.

Date of stay: August 2009
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank rtrickster
Reviewed September 30, 2008

This hotel is right off of the interstate and next to several new shopping plazas with places to eat from Chuck E Cheese to a good little greek place.

There is a field next door and good grass areas to toilet your dog if you are traveling with one.

The hotel has interior corridors and a room card access back door.

My room was tight on floor space with two double beds, but the helpful desk person had told me this would have more room for me and 2 dogs than the queen size room. There was only room for one crate in the room. The room has a built in table/shelves for clothes instead of drawers and an area to hang clothes, no closet. I found a handy electric outlet at the desk where I plugged in my alarm clock (they don't provide one but offer to give you a wake up call)

The bathroom was pretty roomy and had a tub on an angle that also had a bench to sit on in the shower. Water pressure was great for showers.

The beds, pillows were comfy - no luxury but I slept well. The linnens were very clean and looked new. The towels are thin but I had plenty. They only give a few bars of soap - no shampoo or lotions or anything. But I knew this and brought my own. TV and remote got lots of channels.

I had a no smoking room that was fresh and clean. Sometimes in the hallway it smelled a bit of smoke which was weird since there were no smoking rooms there - but never bothered me inside my room.

The people who run the hotel are very nice. When I was waiting in line a woman who was obviously leaving for the night stopped and asked if she could help me with something since the clerk was busy checking in others. Even though you pay in advance for your stay, they had no problem refunding a nights stay when I left one day early. She said the hotel is 7 years old - but I would have never guessed that. It is very well maintained from the grounds to the rooms and looks brand new.

This hotel was much nicer than many others I have stayed in, and for the price was a great deal!

Date of stay: September 2008
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
2  Thank Flatcoatfun
Reviewed September 28, 2008

As we need to travel to Mississauga on a semi-regular basis, and our "regular" hotel was booked up, (Comfort Inn) we decided to try the Motel 6.

The rooms are VERY small, even more so with 2 double beds. The bathroom is awkwardly laid out (triangle shaped) that there is very little room to lay your toiletries out on the bathroom vanity. Our room and bathroom were spotless !

We were told that all the rooms were the same, so if you have a mobility problem, this hotel is NOT for you.

Our room came with a bar sized fridge which sat on the desk top that you would use for a laptop PC, but the only electrical outlet was behind the fridge. There is free high-speed wireless internet included with your room, but don’t go looking for an iron, ironing board, coffee maker or a blow dryer. Continental breakfast is NOT available, but there is complimentary coffee by the front desk after 7 am.

We asked about an iron & ironing board and were offered a 2 hour rental for a fee of $10. The desk clerk commented that it was strictly for 2 hours ONLY, as they only had ONE iron & ironing board.

Overall, if you are looking for an inexpensive clean hotel JUST for somewhere to sleep for the night, the Motel 6 will suffice. If there are two of you in the room, and wish to move around, i.e. go to the bathroom, you will find that the confined space is a bit of hassle.

Date of stay: September 2008
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6  Thank RescueTeam