“Good Airport Hotel”

Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Toronto Airport
Ranked #5 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
Reviewed 20 March 2012

Stayed before and after a vacation. Nice experience overall. We had a bit of a wait for the shuttle on both arrivals, but once on board the drive was very short. Nice beds, clean room, friendly staff and an awesome free breakfast. There are no restaurants near the hotel, but the shuttle drove us to one, and came back when we called. Very nice. One complaint: we stayed on the sixth floor, and the free wi-fi didn't reach. So if you need wi-fi, either get a lower room, or you have to go to the lobby.

Room Tip: lower floors for wi-fi access
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
WarrenBowles, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Toronto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2012

Saultites,

Thank you for the review; we greatly appreciate people taking the time to share their thoughts and experiences.

Being the second closest hotel to the Lester B Pearson International Airport does make it a quick trip with our shuttle. We always do our best to take care of each and every need of our guests and I am glad he was able to take you to one of the local restaurants.

I am disappointed to hear you had some trouble with the Wifi. That is why we like to hear from our guests, to address any issues we may not be aware of. We do have access points on every floor, and I have asked our supplier to come in and test each one.

We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 12 March 2012

What more can someone ask for?
Large, clean & spacious rooms. Comfortable beds & nice bathroom!
The complimentary breakfast was great! Eggs, sausage, potatoes, biscuits, DIY waffle station and much more!
If you're staying here for an airport layover, remember they have a FREE shuttle to/from Pearson.

Room Tip: We had a newly renovated room. I don't think they're done renovations yet so ask for a room...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank NewBrunswickTravlr
WarrenBowles, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Toronto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2012

NewBrunswick Travlr,

It always great to hear such wonderful words from our guests.

Yes, we have our own 24 hour shuttle, it is on demand, that just means when you arrive at the airport to please call us, and we will come and pick you up. Being only moments from the entrance to the airport, it is a quick trip.

The Hot on the House Hampton Breakfast is a great value, and we just added fresh oatmeal to the selection. Just like I remember as a young boy, not that instant oatmeal you see everywhere these days.

All the rooms are completed now, and with our newly renovated lobby we are a new modern hotel.

Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn and Suites Toronto Airport and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 10 March 2012

I have stayed all over the world in many different chains and B&B etc. I stay here every time I fly out of Toronto I live 2 hours away . It is like my other home and I get treated like family.Always clean and Friendly and the breakfast is great .........Give it a try and see
Free shuttle 10 mins to the airport,free breakfast and internet.In the off season speak to the manager Warren a fine Gentleman and he may be able to do something for your week away...
Enjoy !!

Room Tip: All are great try some height for a view of the airport.......
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

Stonz22 from Lakefield,

Thank you so much for the kind words.

I take care of every guest the best way that I can. We always want to be your home away from home, whenever the need arises.

I am happy to announce our Lobby renovations are completed, and our ‘Perfect Mix Lobby” looks great. I look forward to connecting with you the next time you are passing through.

Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn and Suites Toronto Airport.

Reviewed 22 February 2012

I stayed at this hotel for about 1.5 months. I had a fantastic stay, the rooms were very clean, the staff was friendly and the free breakfast was great. There are healthy options for breakfast and a wide variety, not your basic continental breakfast found at most hotels (if I didn't get tired of it after 1.5 months, it must have been good!). As well, a plate of fresh out of the oven cookies showed up in the lobby every day between 16:00-18:00.

If I ever need to stay near Pearson in the future, this hotel will be my first choice.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
WarrenBowles, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Toronto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2012

BA31Pilot,

Thank you for the great review.

1.5 months is a long time to be away from home. I am so glad to hear we were your temporary home during that time, and it was a great stay. You would be thrilled to hear we have renovated our lobby and have added fresh oatmeal to our complimentary breakfast.

Yes I will admit the cookies we put out Monday to Thursday can be very good.

We look forward to having you stay with us again, when your travel plans take you to the Lester B Pearson International Airport.

Reviewed 15 February 2012

We were very happy with our stay at this hotel. The room appeared to be recently updated and was very nice. The bed was super comfortable and the room was quiet...such a treat at the end of a long day of travelling. The only area where I would recommend improvement is the breakfast. It would be nice to have the option of cereal, as well as milk for my tea and real cream or half and half for coffee, instead of "edible oil product." Everything else was great and we will stay here again in the future when we need a room near the Toronto Airport.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
WarrenBowles, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Toronto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2012

Thank you for the” Great Place” Posting,

I am always glad to hear from our guests whom have enjoyed themselves while with us.

Hampton Inn and Suites prides itself on a great bed, great breakfast, and great service.

Our breakfast has the 3 hot items every day, and we have just added fresh Oatmeal, we do have cereal, I am sorry I do not know why you could not locate it. I do agree with you about the creamers. We do offer 24 hours coffee and tea, and to prevent a person from getting a bad creamer, we use the shelf stable product. Next time you are with us, just ask one our staff and they will be happy to get what you need.

I will put forward your comments about the creamers and hopefully with enough people voicing their concern, we can look at an alternate solution.

We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed 10 February 2012

We stayed here the night before returning home from a business trip. The room was OK - clean, but a little on the small side for the price we paid. There was no fridge or microwave and the coffee maker and ice bucket were in the bathroom. Again, for the price, I was expecting more.
There were renovations being done in the lobby and hallway - not bad if you like the smell of paint and spackle, and you had to watch where you were walking. That really can't be avoided, though, when trying to make improvments.
The complimentary breakfast was delicious. A very large selection of food. Coffee and tea were served 24/7 which was great, and there were a variety of newspapers offered in the morning free of charge. One was actually outside our door in the morning. Nice customer service.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to post kind words.

I apologize about the smell of the paint, but as you where kind enough to say, it is hard to avoid when making improvements.

We have already completed the renovations on the rooms, and we are still improving, our current suites have a wet bar with mini fridge and microwave, and we will be adding a microwave- mini fridge unit to all our standard rooms as well.

I am really happy to hear you enjoyed our great free breakfast, and the free newspapers, we want each and every guest to have a great stay with us.

We look forward to having you stay with us the next time you are passing through the area.

Reviewed 2 February 2012

The front dining area as of January 2012 is under the renovation but they opened up another large room at the back to the first flr to serve breakfast. As a Hilton Honors member I was granted an upgrade to a beautiful suite and, bed was very comfortable, newspaper at the in the morning and great breakfast in spite of the reno's. Less than 5 minutes to the airport however the shuttle also went to the hotel next door which i did not know and delayed is a few more minutes but still got the my terminal in plenty of time.I was also able to get into the business centre yank the printer cord out of the PC into my MAC-pro and print out my boarding pass and plug the cord back into the PC. The business centre conveniently located behind the front desk and near the breakfast room.
I recommend this place for anyone catching a flight out of Toronto and it's about 40-50 dollars cheaper the the full service Holiday Inn around the corner.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
WarrenBowles, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Toronto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2012

Thank you for your post.

Under renovations but still great, we will even be better when it is done!

We are upgrading the Lobby to the “Perfect Mix Lobby by Hampton” to be more modern and to keep up with the new trends. Those hotels that stay the same way for years tend to fall behind.

Change is good, but a full lobby renovation is never easy. As you have mentioned, our full Hampton Breakfast is still on, just moved to our Laurier Room. All the normal great service and amenities you have come to expect from Hampton Inn and Suites by Hilton Toronto Airport is still here.

Our 24 hour Shuttle to the Pearson International Airport is on demand, and as you mentioned the shuttle also provides service for the Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Airport next to our Hotel. Still a quick ride to the airport, as we are the second closest hotel.

We look forward to having you back when all the renovations are completed, and your follow up review on Trip Advisor, the next time you come to Toronto.