“Christmas Buffet and Recent Stay”

Toronto Airport West Hotel
Ranked #25 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
Buffalo, New York
“Christmas Buffet and Recent Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2011

Usually once a year I try and work out a way to partake of Delta West's Christmas Buffet. This year, I combined the lunch with a stay. As always, the staff were exceptionally friendly and the service excellent. The buffet was great and included mince pies and plum pudding, which I remember from the days when I lived in England. The room was very comfortable and quite.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank G J
OpsAKDeltaTAW, Operations Manager at Toronto Airport West Hotel, responded to this review, 4 January 2012
Thank you very much for your favourable review of our hotel and, most of all, our festive buffet. I have shared your comments with our culinary team who are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the food and service.
We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back at Delta Toronto Airport West.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Korean first
Windsor, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2011

Everyone was courteous, friendly and helpful. At check-in Mamta was most helpful. I was confused about parking. She sensed that and came with me to make sure that I was parked in the right spot. We joked about this for the next three days as I walked by the desk. When I checked out, she joked and asked if I wanted her to take me to my car. These people have had excellent training in customer treatment. I would come here again and would tell my frriends to do the same.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
OpsAKDeltaTAW, Operations Manager at Toronto Airport West Hotel, responded to this review, 5 January 2012
Thank you for the great review about your stay at our hotel. Our team consistently strive to not only meet, but to exceed our guests' expectations and I am glad to read that you were happy with our services. Rest assured that I have shared your feedback with the team.
We look forward to welcoming you back at Delta Toronto Airport West.
Bergen, Norway
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2011

Average hotell close to airport. Ok room,but several flies both dead and alive in the room.

• Stayed November 2011
OpsAKDeltaTAW, Operations Manager at Toronto Airport West Hotel, responded to this review, 9 December 2011
Dear 'paaller',
Thank you for giving us your feedback on your recent stay with us. I am very sorry about the challenges you encountered in your room. Our teams are investigating and will ensure that this problem is resolved.
I thank you for staying with us and look forward to welcoming you back at Delta Toronto Airport West.
WOLFVILLE
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2011

I was attending a meeting and the facilities were quite nice. The beds were very comfortable, and the food (catered in the meeting room) was good. A good mix and well presented. The soups were delicious.

The free wi-fi in the rooms and the meeting rooms worked well. The charge for a speaker phone was rather high ($160,) as were the prices in the bar.

The airport shuttle was very well organised, and I was picked up at the airport within 15 minutes of calling.

All the staff were very friendly and accommodating. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The corner rooms seemed a bit small, while the double bed rooms were quite large.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
OpsAKDeltaTAW, Operations Manager at Toronto Airport West Hotel, responded to this review, 2 December 2011
Dear 'SnowDude',
I am thrilled to read about your experience at our hotel. Thank you for providing such a detailed review. Our team takes great pride in their service delivery and I am glad that we met your expectations in all areas. We look forward to welcoming you back at Delta Toronto Airport West.
Buffalo, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2011

I have stayed here twice. Convenient easily accessible location. Timely shuttle. Could use a bit of upgrading but bed was comfortable and internet (wired) worked fine. Breakfast buffet was not included in my stay so I did not partake. Similar to other Delta Hotels I have stayed at with above average but not luxurious accommodations and a good value for the money considering I parked my car for 3 weeks.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
OpsAKDeltaTAW, Operations Manager at Toronto Airport West Hotel, responded to this review, 24 November 2011
Dear 'Thundarr357',
Thank you for posting a review of our hotel following your recent stay. Great to read that your expectations were met and that you found our 'park, sleep and fly' arrangement convenient.
We thank you for staying with us and look forward to welcoming you back at Delta Toronto Airport West.
Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2011

This is our second experience with this hotel. Last year we stayed here with the entire family before flying out to the Dominican. This year it was just the wife and I before flying to Jamaica and then on our return, we stayed an additional 2 nights. The location is perfect, right off the 401, easy to get to, plenty of things to do in the general area. Our first night before our trip, the room was older (4th floor), in need of repair but it was a place to sleep and was fine. When we returned from our vacation and had two nights booked to stay, we requested a Queen size bed room and for only $10 more, they upgraded us to a newly renovated room on the 3rd floor. What a difference!!! The upgrade was well worth it and we enjoyed our stay. The only thing lacking was a mini fridge but that's just a minor inconvenience and never affected our stay. Parking in their covered and secure garage always had ample space on the upper floors. They offer free shuttle service to and from the airport and it was always quick and very convenient. I have no complaints about this hotel or its location.

Room Tip: Request a newly renovated room. Mich nicer.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
OpsAKDeltaTAW, Operations Manager at Toronto Airport West Hotel, responded to this review, 18 November 2011
Dear 'Tetley69',
Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent visit with us. I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay and, most of all, our upgraded room product. Please note that mini fridges are available on request, free of charge; please feel free to ask for one when making your next reservation.
Our team and I look forward to welcoming you back at Delta Toronto Airport West.
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2011

Convenient to the airport (Toronto-Pearson) with a free shuttle. Friendly staff. Clean, well run, a sumptuous buffet breakfast - but sorely in need of a bit of updating.

The rooms are adequate - the bedding of good quality and relatively new. The work area is sufficient (only wired Internet access is available - but at least it's free!). The desk chairs are just OK - and not easily adjustable to meet individual needs. The TV's are old analog models (and seem antiquated if you're used to flat screen digital).
The bathrooms are where the updating is most needed. The tub/shower is OK, but the sink area needs new fixtures and there's a lack of counter/shelf space on which to place your travel kit and supplies. Better flooring and a paint job would help - and of the 4 rooms I've stayed in lately, in 3 of 4 the hook on the back of the bathroom door was about to fall off...

Room Tip: Get an upper floor, odd-numbered (facing away from Hwy 401), but not near the elevators (there are t...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
OpsAKDeltaTAW, Operations Manager at Toronto Airport West Hotel, responded to this review, 11 November 2011
Thank you for posting a review about your stay at our hotel. Great to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast buffet and that the location of our hotel is convenient for your needs.
We consistently strive to make our guests' stays as comfortable as possible. Some floors of our hotel have recently been renovated, offering upgraded washrooms, flat screen TVs and wireless internet access. Our Reservation Agents will be happy to look into availability of these rooms when you make your next reservation.
We thank you for your loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back at Delta Toronto Airport West.