“Classy atmosphere and delicious Italian fare”

Solstice Restaurant and Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Solstice Restaurant and Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #61 of 1,966 Restaurants in Mississauga
Price range: US$9 - US$26
Cuisines: Italian, Wine Bar
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Clarkson Rd.
Description: Solstice Restaurant and Wine Bar serves Modern Style Italian Cuisine as well as their own twist on continental classics. Along with this is their immense wine selection that changes often to provide the most variety possible.
Reviewed November 30, 2015

We took our party of 8 out for a birthday dinner, and everyone - from our picky 5-year-old to my 16-year-old cousin who subsists on Gatorade and Cheetos to my dad, accomplished cook and restaurateur in his own right - thoroughly enjoyed their meals. I had this week's prix-fixe offering: a refreshing salad of beets and buffalo mozzarella, a rich and satisfying spaghetti alle vongole chock full of clams, and a molten chocolate cake with vanilla gelato that maybe could have been a little bit bigger but was tasty all the same. I also had a chance to try the arugula and prosciutto pizza, arancini with a spicy tomato sauce, and grilled calamari in a tomato, olive, and caper sauce - all delicious. Our server was friendly and very accommodating, and I appreciated that he didn't try to rush us out even as the clock ticked past closing time (we were wrapping up our meal by this point anyway).

It's extremely rare that I can get my entire family to agree on how good a restaurant is - Solstice definitely hit the mark!

Date of visit: November 2015

Reviewed November 8, 2015

We've enjoyed Solstice many times over the years - they're currently celebrating their 10th anniversary - but last night was one of our best experiences yet. Took a party of 8 for a family birthday and everyone truly enjoyed their meals and the attentive service. Thanks,

Date of visit: November 2015
Reviewed July 18, 2015

Went here for a business dinner. Fixed menu but all choices looked really good. Starter was excellent, then pasta which was just ok, and then entree and desert, both very good. Even the coffee was great. This is sort of a mix between Italian and French cuisine as far as I could tell. Mostly Italian though.

Reviewed July 8, 2015

Last night 5 of us dined at Solstice. Restaurant provided a nice ambience. Caesar salad was very good, actually one of the better ones I've had in a long time. Fried Calamari was very average. Honestly would've expected a house breading and then fried. Aioli was very blend. Other appetizer, Rice Balls were tasty but sauce lacked any "shape".
Veal Marsala , Vodka pasta and Pasta with sausage in a Pesto sauce were very good.
I had the Seafood crepes. Although the dish lacked visual appeal, it was still very fresh tasting. The scallops with the dish were a odd consistency though.
Desserts were all very good overall. The Tiramisu was excellent. The Creme Brulee was a little too sweet.
Nonetheless a nice night out. Service a little slow, but not rushed at all.
Give it a try. I will go again and try something else.

1  Thank SandmanATCer
Reviewed July 6, 2015

Our family went to Solstice for the first time on Saturday. We were celebrating the end of a successful school year for our boys and thought we'd try somewhere different. Our server was attentive and friendly. The food was tasty and presented well. The calamari was tender, the antipasto plate generously stocked and the crab cakes tasty. The veal Marsala was tender and flavourful, the steak well cooked and the pasta was delicious. We had desert - good sized servings, you could easily share them. It's a nice sized place, had plenty of parking and the evening was lovely. We will be back for sure.

1  Thank Bioteacher67