“Firm 3.5 stars”

SCADDABUSH Italian Kitchen & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
SCADDABUSH Italian Kitchen & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 1,758 Restaurants in Mississauga
Price range: US$8 - US$24
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: It's a little of this, a little of that and a whole new take on Italian. This is SCADDABUSH Italian Kitchen & Bar. We’re inspired by Italian passion and generosity. We like tables crowded with friends and family. Style without attitude. And of course, excellent cuisine.
Reviewed 20 July 2017

I have eaten at a lot of large scale restaurants and this one is not that bad in terms of service and food. This is my second time here: If you had to ask me what I thought about my first visit I would say that both the food and service was excellent but they played extremely loud music which made it difficult to hear my conversation within our group. After all, it was the weekend so I guess they needed to make the party happening.

Walking in, the setup and scale is very grand. High brick pillars supporting high ceilings, plenty of tables to seat small and large groups, and a huge oval bar lined with televisions just above. Seats and tables everywhere. The bench seating by the windows do feel a little crammed when you make your way in so the table might feel like it’s pressing against your chest.

The food: Love it. Carbs heaven. This time around we ordered:
Fettuccine Capri (Regular $21.77): Large size, tons of seafood, will order again.
Baked Penne Carbonara ($17.49): Baked in a small cast iron pan. Full of flavour and cream. Although the amount is small, it is heavy enough to fill you up.
Margherita Pizza ($15.27): Pretty good size of 8 slices. San Marzano tomato sauce makes the taste. They sort of burnt the first pizza and had to redo it. Second pizza was burnt slightly less but we just simply cut that piece out from the crust.

The service: We arrived 10 minutes before the restaurant was open so we had to wait for a short time to be seated. Madison was our server and she accommodated our every need. When we complained about our first pizza being burnt, she went straight back to the kitchen and reordered a 2nd pizza for us. When she saw that we cut out a big chunk of burnt crust from the 2nd pizza, she was very generous to take the entire pizza off the bill. Now THAT is how you take care of your customers.

Overall, Scaddabush meets my approval. I would recommend eating here during a weekday lunch unless you don’t mind the noise level during happy hour.

For more food reviews and blogging, check out my blog listed in my profile.

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

Kids give a thumbs up for kids menu. Comes with drink meal and exceptional dessert. Son really loved the pizza. Daughter loved the ice cream that came with a choice of several toppings Tuesday night is ladies night with drink specials.. Lively atmosphere and always busy but never a long wait to sit.

Reviewed 15 July 2017

Three of us were there on a Sunday night around 5:30 - 6. We had not been here since they first opened so we thought we would try it again. Place was busy, but we did not have to wait. It is very dark and a little loud in there. Great for the young ones, but for us over 60, it is difficult to see the small print menu in the dark. Our server was great and she patiently explained everything on the menu.

We had the fresh mozzarella pizza as an app (Margherita). Very good. For our mains we all had pasta which was tasty, but a little dry. While we all thought we could use more sauce, only one of us asked for additional sauce, which they brought quickly and willingly. We also shared the charity bread. We were used to the large loaf that they used to have at a sister restaurant, but this time we had only 3 small pieces. It was good, but not as great as we had remembered it to be.

Overall, service was good, food was average (we expected more for the price) atmosphere was a little dark and loud for our taste. We will likely not make an effort to come back.

1  Thank trave16ear
SIRdarce, Guest Relations Manager at SCADDABUSH Italian Kitchen & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2017

Hello trave16ear,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We always strive to provide an excellent dining experience, and I'm sorry to hear you didn't thoroughly enjoy your recent visit. Our general manager would like to personally apologize for your disappointing meal and invite you to return.

Hope to hear from you soon,
Darce, SCADDABUSH

Reviewed 15 July 2017

We stopped by the restaurant on our way home from running various errands.\
Upon entering the restaurant the three staff that were standing by the hostess station gave us the "you shouldn't be here" look because we were dressed casually in t-shirts and jeans. After they begrudgingly sat us down we placed our order with a waiter was totally void of personality and clearly didn't want to be there.
We ordered 3-cheese bread, Classico bruschette, Pesto Pollo Fettucini and Chicken Parmesan. The bruschette was the4 only thing we ordered that we thought was palatable. The bread was soggy. The Pesto Pollo Fettucini was incredibly greasy. My wife kept having to wipe the oil from her mouth as she ate.
The Chicken Parmesan had no flavour. It was basically a chicken breast fried in oil with no salt, pepper or seasoning whatsoever. I asked the waiter for a side order of the pasta sauce so I could at least give the chicken some flavour. He brought the sauce with an attitude so thick you could cut it with a knife.
He came back several times after that to ask if the chicken was better, but each time with a very condescending demeanor.
We will not be returning back to Scaddabush.

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I'm terribly sorry to hear that you weren't welcomed with our usual warm hospitality. Everyone is welcome, and we always strive to provide an excellent dining experience. Our general manager would like the opportunity to personally apologize and address your concerns. Can you please email us at guestresponse@sircorp.com so we may contact you directly?

Hope to hear from you soon,
Darce L, SCADDABUSH

Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

Our server (we never got her name but she had short brown hair) was great. The music was really nice and not overly loud out on the patio so it was a nice atmosphere. We caught our server doing a few dance moves at one point. Food was excellent as usual, mozzarella here is a must have.

1  Thank Robert A