“Nice italian place that was not full when I was there.”

Atmosfera Restaurant Bar Lounge
Ranked #77 of 1,857 Restaurants in Mississauga
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Atmosfera is a fine dining italian restaurant and lounge. The menu has a large selection of dishes to accommodate any kind of palate or food restrictions. We offer soups, salads, pasta, pizzas, steaks, veal, chicken, lamb, seafood, fish, daily specials and desserts. Atmosfera also has a full bar, with a large variety of liquor, cocktails, wines, beers. The set up is perfect to have any kind of functions, from business meetings, to cocktails parties, weddings, religious celebrations, birthday dinner parties, we are equipped with professional sound and lighting system, and more, therefore we can also accommodate dance parties.
Reviewed April 21, 2017

I went there when the weather was bad because it was next to the hotel. It's a very elegant place. But it's not inexpensive. I had soup, an entree, dessert and an adult coffee. It was about $60 including tip. That was for one person. But i must admit, the food and service was good.

Reviewed April 6, 2017

Decided to try it since I was staying at nearby but generally leery of restaurants adjacent to a hotel. I was pleasantly surprised. Excellent filet mignon with gorgonzola cheese sauce. What made it most enjoyable, other than the food, was the very nice hostess/owner and female bartender working while I was there. Ended up going all 3 nights I was in the area. Nice décor and atmosphere. Highly recommend it if you are in the area. I travel quite frequently and generally do not review unless a very negative experience. Quite the opposite in this case!

Reviewed April 4, 2017

Quite inexpensive for a quality Toronto restaurant. Good food, Good Service, and staff that went out of their way to accommodate large parties.

Reviewed April 4, 2017

I've been a fan of Atmosfera for a while and decided to bring my girlfriend here for the first time last Thursday night. Let me just say that the atmosphere is totally romantic: dimmed lightening, candles, and the decor is amazing. It really makes you feel as if you are in Italy, eating by the candle light. Of course we started off with wine. We ordered their house Merlot, which was so good and my girllfriend loved it. We ordered our appetizers, which were the grilled calamari, a salmon salad and thier house salad. The grilled calamari was very tasty and the two salads had the most amazing dressing. I asked where the dressing came from and apparently, they make their own dressing, which is impressive to hear. For our mains, we ordered the Linguine Atmosfera and Penne Vodka. Okay where do I begin? The food was delicious. The Linguine Atmosfera is supposed to be the restaurant's specialty--and it definitely lived up to the expectation. The scallops and peppercorns in a rose sauce literally make the best combo. The Penne Vodka was also very tasty. My girlfriend couldn't get enough of the sauce. Also, their bread is great. It came out warm and cripsy on the outside, topped with butter and it was heavenly. Fortunately for me, I had the manager as my server, which impressed my girlfriend on my end because she was so friendly and we had great conversations while she served us. All in all, I am definitely bringing my girlfriend back here. The place is great for setting a romantic mood, and the food and wine just makes it better.

Reviewed April 2, 2017

A group of 16 of us visited this restaurant last night, April 1 2017. Maybe the date was significant and we should have been prepared. One of the group made the reservation 3 weeks ago in order to celebrate 2 birthdays. We all arrived at 6.30pm, and so did 2 other large groups. That did it. The staff were completely overwhelmed with 3 large groups all coming in at once. My husband and I, our daughter, our son and his girlfriend sat across from each other so we could chat to each other. The first thing the waitress/manager(?) asked us to do was sit all together in one long line so that It would easier for her to bill us. Didn't ask us how we were, were we all celebrating an occasion, had we been to the restaurant before, would we like something to drink - No, "move over there". Really, how unprofessional is that?? We've never, ever been asked to move seats in a restaurant to make billing easier. We refused and stayed put. Drink orders were taken for half of the group, and the other half were left high and dry. One of our group eventually got up, went to the bar and complained and was told "we're very busy and I'm tired". Everyone eventually got drinks but during the course of the evening no-one was ever asked if they wanted a refill. That done, we waited 25 minutes before the waitress/manager came to take our orders, then waited over an hour for the food to be delivered to the table. Delivery was slow at that, and the food came out in dribs and drabs. 2 of our party didn't get their food until 30 mins after the first person had received theirs - so some of us were finishing our meals while others were just getting theirs. One of two that were late getting their meal asked that her dinner not be brought out as she didn't want to hold us all up and also didn't want to be the only eating - and then her meal came out! The waitress/manager had no idea what she was doing - well of course not, after all she was tired - and part-way through dinner for those of us who had received food, she actually came round looking over everyone's shoulder to check what meal they had ordered. Even then someone got the wrong meal. Our friend who made the reservation for the group was beyond embarassed by the service and was in tears before we left. The food, when it came, was good and tasted great but it was painfully obvious that the staff could not handle 3 large groups at once and those reservations should never have been booked for the same time.. They desperately needed extra staff on hand last night and no-one was proactive enough to organise it beforehand. Whether the kitchen staff knew there would that many people in the restaurant at once is doubtful, as given the length of time it took get food it was obvious nothing had been pre-prepped to make their job easier. In all, we arrived at 6.30pm and left at 9.15pm, having had 1 drink each, a few salads (Caeasar salad wasn't tossed, the dressing was just drizzed on top) and an entree - 2 3/4 hrs total time. Good job we didn't stay for coffee and dessert. Management needs to shape up. Oh and no apologies, no offers of free drinks for everyone or comped meals for the birthday celebrants or anything for that matter to make up for the abysmal service. Sorry, can't recommend this place, first and last time there.

1  Thank Anna L