“Trying a new spot”

Ranked #78 of 1,841 Restaurants in Mississauga
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Atmosfera is a fine dining italian restaurant and lounge. The menu has a large selection of dishes to accommodate any kind of palate or food restrictions. We offer soups, salads, pasta, pizzas, steaks, veal, chicken, lamb, seafood, fish, daily specials and desserts. Atmosfera also has a full bar, with a large variety of liquor, cocktails, wines, beers. The set up is perfect to have any kind of functions, from business meetings, to cocktails parties, weddings, religious celebrations, birthday dinner parties, we are equipped with professional sound and lighting system, and more, therefore we can also accommodate dance parties.
Reviewed January 14, 2018 via mobile

Well, we weren’t sure what to expect. Decent and mixed reviews, so we gave it a try. Left a message to reserve and no one called back. Hmmmm. We went anyway and were able to get a table. There was a large private function going on (about 20 people) amongst other patrons. The atmosphere could be quite cozy but took on a different feel whilst this large group came together and enjoyed cocktails and mingled in the central area. Once they were seated there were less distractions. It would appear that a few other patrons had reserved while others just dropped in. We were started off with bread and butter. We chose two starters to share, the salad Della casa with their own Atmosfera dressing and a vegetable pizza. The salad was a delightful mix of greens with a light and fresh vinaigrette. The thin crust pizza was perfectly cooked and we also knew it would be too much too eat so chose to take half home. So far so good. Then it took forever before our main courses arrived. The waiter offered that he was pacing us as we hadn’t finished the pizza. We didn’t ask to be paced..... We watched as others received their main courses. It was becoming uncomfortable. I was thinking of a rating this restaurant a two at this point, but I don’t rate restaurants as twos. I would in those cases speak with management and perhaps give a second chance, this is a hard business. Give plates a chance! Then finally our mains arrived. Perfectly cooked fettuccine smothered with a pink sauce for which to die and ample chunks of smoked salmon. My partner raved over his risotto di mare. We finished with two espressos for which we were not charged. I think our attentive waiter sensed our concern re the long wait. Would we go again? Yes. They know how to cook.

Reviewed October 8, 2017 via mobile

We recently celebrated my mother's 90th birthday along with 40 family members and friends. I had dined there before and found the food to be satisfying. When I made the reservation, Antonella, the manager, suggested a set menu for such a large crowd but I decided that we would order a la carte. She told me that with a set menu, everyone would be served at relatively at the same time however I preferred a la carte since we were in no hurry. The restaurant has a nice ambiance and had no issue setting up the tables for our party. Considering the number of people, and the orders all were taken at the same time by Antonella and two other servers, and the kitchen staff may have been a little overwhelmed, I felt that the service was adequate. Although there were a couple meals that may have been forgotten, a reminder to the server, and the meal was delivered. All in all, I was satisfied with the service received. The food itself I felt had a nice taste although I was told afterwards that the shrimp was a little tough, however everything else, from the salads, pastas, risotto and meats were a nice portion. The only bad thing about the evening was that they charged for the bottled water. Considering that if our party wasn't there that evening, the place would have been empty. The least they could have done was to comp the water. However, that being said, I would recommend this restaurant for an event.

Reviewed September 17, 2017 via mobile

Went there, server literally forgot we are there after showing us our seats.
For 25 minutes aprox. we were waiting for menu!!!!
She came and handed them over to said and laughed about how she forgot we are waiting for her!!!!

Poor service! Food was okay and very small portioned!

Reviewed August 15, 2017 via mobile

My Husband and I ordered a vegetarian pizza, as well as grilled salmon with vegetables and potatoes.

This was to be a take out to eat at our hotel. When we opened the box with salmon, they gave us rice, and not potatoes.

Unfortunately, this was the second time Atmosfera made a mistake with our order.

The pizza was good, needed longer time in the oven though.

If you choose to do take out, CHECK your meal before leaving.

Reviewed July 8, 2017

Good food. Good friends. This was my 3rd visit to this restaurant. Each time it was very quiet. Probably 3-6 tables occupied Service very good. Food excellent. Would recommend Salmon and Pasta. Prices reasonable $15 and up for entre.