“A fun experience for all! ”
Review of Chako Restaurant

Chako Restaurant
Ranked #216 of 1,744 Restaurants in Mississauga
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

Chakos is an all you can eat Korean BBQ. With BBQ pits right at your table you can cook your meats and veggies to your liking. The meats are deliciously seasoned (pork, beef, chicken, shrimp, etc.) they also have a variety of sushi rolls to choose from! For larger groups, I strongly recommend reservations on weekends. Chakos is pretty popular and seats fill up fast! There is a two hour seating limit, which believe me is ample time to get your fill on!
Service is quick and prompt, you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed 8 May 2017

I wanted to try out a Korean BBQ place for my birthday dinner, and this place really delivered!

The portions were on the small size, but since it's AYCE, you can order as much as you want to (but do avoid wasting food of course!) and there's a great selection. I recommend going on a weekend dinner so you get a larger selection of meat, seafood, and vegetables to grill.

The place is clean, the waiters we had were super friendly and frequently came to our table so we had plenty of opportunities to keep our table clear of empty dishes and order drinks or food. The waiter offered halfway through to change the grill for a clean cover since it was getting really greasy and dark, and we (for some reason) turn down the offer. However, a few minutes later, we noticed our meat were poorly grilled due to the grill, so lesson of the story: if the waiter suggests to clean the grill (by exchanging the metal plates), do so and your food will remain tasty!

I recommend the lamb and beef, but other meat/seafood were good too. Don't be afraid to order cold dishes like kimchi, they compliment the meal well. All meat were marinated in a delicious sauce!

I had a nice birthday experience at the end with a small dessert and a birthday song. I'll come back in the near future for a dinner here for sure!

P.S. the place is busy and fairly popular especially on weekends, so to guarantee a spot, make sure to reserve at least 24 hours before, 48 hours if you can. We called the day before, and was almost without a spot since Saturday night was filling up fast. Don't expect a spot if you walk in, especially on a weekend. If you do, you'll have to wait for more than an hour.

Reviewed 14 April 2017

We have been there for a few times. There was a good variety of meat, seafood and vegetable. They were well seasoned when applicable. The beef was just delicious in my opinion. The services were great as well. The sever was friendly and helpful. The response was quick. The food was reasonably priced. One thing I would like to say was that more powerful fans were needed. I got 10% discount as a senior BTW.

(The following is a Chinese version of the review)
我们去过这家餐厅好几次. 他们提供的食材很丰富。味道调得很不错。价钱公道。服务不错。

Reviewed 30 March 2017

Had a great meal, in fact couldn't finish everything that was brought on the first round. It was refreshing to see that the waiter was happy to bring lots and told us that if we don't finish, don't worry about it.

There is a surprising amount of items included in the AYCE price, unlike some places where it's 3-4 meats, rice, and banchan.

I will echo the concerns mentioned by other reviewers regarding tipping/service charge. Our waiter did mention that the 10% service charge is shared by everybody but tips left were only for him. The service was actually pretty good so I did leave an additional tip but this seems like kind of a shady way to do business.

Reviewed 20 March 2017

It's my second time in this restaurant - it got much better!

I am not a big fan of too much meat so I focused on enjoying the appetizers and the sushi. The sushi and the hand roll were fresh, the rice in it was moist and warm.

I tried the meat - beef short ribs and the chicken - the marinate was not up to the mark - it didn't give me that "wow!" taste.

All 9 of us enjoyed including the couple who is celebrating their 30 years wedding anniversary. All servers were polite and always looking after us until we finished the meal.

Will come back!