“Very large tasty portions”

Momiji Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #235 of 1,744 Restaurants in Mississauga
Reviewed 3 April 2017

I went there for a quick bite, thinking they still have bento boxes...nope. It has been replaced with really generous plates of tasty food. Our group had the teriyaki beef and the yakiniku beef. Both were very good. The servers are friendly but may need to be called when you need refills on tea or other foods. I saw the sushi rolls that others ordered and they were HUGE! Same for the tempura...will need to go back for sushi and tempura.

Reviewed 1 April 2017

There are two locations of Momiji in Toronto, and Clarkson is by far the better one. The location in Etobicoke lacks in service and food quality and is very much a few stars down on the scale, in my opinion.

The Clarkson location serves the BEST Salmon Terriyaki EVER! Having eaten recently at the Clarkson Momiji (and many times in the past), I couldn't believe how PERFECT my Salmon Terriyaki was. Easily the best such dish I have ever had. The salmon was grilled perfectly to a warm pink center with the perfect terriyaki glaze and presentation of rice and grilled vegetables. For $19, it's one of the best dishes I have ever ordered, anywhere.

Their sushi is always fresh and while the sake sushi is sometimes on the "fatty" side, the portions are normal to large and the nori is always fresh. The food is presented in a modern setting with nice tableware on black stained tables.

If you visit in the winter, it does get a bit cold closer to the door. They have a great takeout service with the food well-packed and organized.

While they specialize in sushi and maki rolls, there is a wide selection of non-sushi dishes. The service is friendly and perfectly on the slower side :-)

Reviewed 24 March 2017 via mobile

In a little strip mall "Turtle Creek" on Lakeshore. Decor is clean, simple & pleasant. Our sushi & sushimi was beautifully presented with fresh flowers on our plate. The seaweed salad & miso soup as expected. Prices were a little on the pricey side 72.00 for 2 salads, 2 soups & plates as pictured. However, all was super fresh, so I didn't mind !

Reviewed 15 February 2017

Visited for second time on valentines day 2017 (my birthday)...several issues.
1 - they had stickers over top of the regular prices on menu (higher because of valentines day, I guess?)
2 - very cold, temperature wise in restaurant....
3 - BOTH my wife and I were dreadfully ill only moments after our dinner...( I wont get into detail, but it was quite bad)...my wife and I had the same foods - salmon skin rolls, dynamite rolls....). Service was fine, just the severe illness was not appreciated.
Food was fine, not the best sushi by any means, but we had been there once before and did not get ill....
when in Clarkson area, I would suggest making the 5 min drive to port credit for better food without the "side effects"...Sushi in the sky in port credit is far better, and only a short drive.

Reviewed 1 January 2017 via mobile

Highly recommend Momiji! Friendly staff and excellent sushi. Very fresh, tasty, authentic food. The bento boxes / lunch deals are an absolute bargain for the amount of very tasty food you get. Definitely the best sushi in the Clarkson / Lorne Park area!