New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Staybridge Suites Toronto Mississauga

Staybridge Suites Toronto Mississauga
Ranked #35 of 61 Hotels in Mississauga
Salzburg, Austria
“spacious suite at a nice hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2011

First of all i want to say, that this was my first stay at Staybridge Suites. I choosed to stay there because of the location (near a friends house) and the priority club membership. The first impression was very nice (the hotel looked pretty new) and as we entered the suite we were very suprised by the spacious suite (especially the huge fridge was top notch). The staff was very friendly and also some free supper was provided that day (pizza with french fries: not very good, but no one expected to get a free meal that evening). Also a small bar that offered beer was open during supper time, I liked that). The suite was clean and had two TVs.
We only had one complaint considering the floor plan: there should have been a door between the bathroom sink (the toilet was seperate) and the sleeping room, because when somebody gets up earlier than the rest of the crew, you have to brush your teeth without any light that you don't wake up someone.
The pool area overall was nicely designed, but the hot tub was too hot and the floor should have been cleaned more often.
Breakfast was ok (nothing special, but the basic stuff was there). What I liked was the soda machine (I like to drink soda in the morning, so that was nice).
All in all I would recommend this hotel and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank sial
Manoj B, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Toronto Mississauga, responded to this review, 17 October 2012
On behalf of the staff and management at the Staybridge Suites,Toronto/Mississauga, we thank you for your wonderful comments.

We strive every day to provide great service to all of our guests and comments such as yours are such a nice reward to our daily efforts.

We look forward to your next vist to Staybridge Suites.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2011

I stayed at the Staybridge Suites for business. The room was fine. The king size bed was comfortable. The rooms could really use a good cleaning. It was acceptable but the floors were not really clean. The windows were really dirty. I did not use the suitcase holder because it was so dust covered that I did not want to get my luggage dirty. They have "light touch housekeeping service" only which means that they replace used towels, empty the trash and make your bed only and this is only available Monday to Friday. If you want this service on the weekend you have to arrange for it by 5:00pm on the Friday.

There is supper available in the lobby in the evening. The night I was there it was fish sticks, rice, salad, soup and chocolate cake. It was average. There is also a full breakfast available. There are several restaurants within walking distance.

They have wireless internet but it is hit and miss and you have to keep reconnecting. Maybe it was just where my room was located.

The staff is wonderful and friendly and want to provide whatever they can.

Overall not a bad place but I really wish thay would give it a good cleaning.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank NortherngirlCanada
Cary, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2011

I stayed at a Staybridge Suites in Las Vegas recently and it was really nice. So I was excited to stay at another in Mississauga. Unfortunately, I was disappointed, but I have to say that many of the things that disappointed me would not be an issue for everyone. Overall it was pretty average. I ended up leaving 2 days early, but I don't want to make it out as horrible. I just needed something else. Read below.

Check in/service - painless and quick. I wish I got the name of the woman working at reception because she was really nice, helpful and friendly. I was welcomed as a Priority Club gold member (something they're supposed to do, but often don't), not that its a big deal. Surprisingly when I checked out 2 days early, no one even asked why I was leaving early. Wouldn't you think they'd ask?

Room - The room was big and basically clean, but there were some age issues. They are all suites and have fully equipped kitchens. Mine was fine and had everything you could need. The TV was a good size flat screen (not huge), but it was in a cabinet that made it hard to watch from the bed (if you like to do that).

Bed - always deserves its own section since this is one of the main reasons you're here. It was very average. I personally didn't like the soft or firm pillows. The bedding was fairly cheep and light weight and the mattress was hotel-average. Definitely nothing I was excited about.

Bathroom - good shower pressure, somewhat nicer shower (fake stone, but better than the really cheap fake tile you see sometimes). Amenities look nice, but really aren't. Same ones I had in Las Vegas.

Internet - since I was on business and use my computer a lot, this is key to me. Unfortunately it didn't work well for me, but it is probably an issue pretty specific to me. I couldn't get online, but couldn't get to my company email. I know why, but I won't bore everyone with the technical details. I asked the front desk and they very helpfully called a support number (twice) and waited on hold before transferring the call to me, but the support couldn't help. Since I was supposed to be here for 3 nights, this was a problem.

Fitness room - the bike was practically falling apart, but the treadmills seemed fine. Fairly small and uncomfortably warm (AC was set to 66, but it didn't seem to matter). No water, only fountain. I didn't use the pool, but i could see it and its small.

Common areas - as one reviewer write, it was somewhat dirty. There is a FREE laudnry room (washers and dryers) which I like a lot since I exercise and don't want stinky clothes in my room or suitcase. Two different exterior doors didn't work right.

Breakfast buffet - Poor. Juice machine broken, hardly any selection, out of oatmeal, out of brown sugar, nothing looked appetizing. This was kind of the last straw for me.

So after all this (internet problems, poor breakfast, poor fitness room), I decided I would change hotels. I was really glad I did because the place I moved to was great.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank HiHoHiHoRDU
ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2011

We stayed at the hotel with a child in a wheelchair.
The wheelchair suite was set up nicely for my sons needs.
WiFi did not work in our room because the signal did not reach the room.
The wheelchair room was located at back of the hotel but wheelchair access was at front of the hotel.
We stayed a week the service and room cleaning were good.
The only complaint would be the suppers offered during the week were terrible. One meal we waited for the main dish to be availabe(salsbury steak). It was served still frozen in the middle.
For the price the stay was overall a good experince.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank abmerlight
Oxford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2011

Nice big sitting room, kitchenette, comfortable bed -- you get plenty for your money including breakfast, free parking, internet and laundry. There is also a gym and pool which we didn't have time to use. On an industrial estate (not a scenic setting) but quiet. We had originally booked for three nights on a non alterable tariff but when Air Canada changed our flight our booking was changed with no fuss to just two nights. If you need to be in this part of Missassauga the Staybridge is a good choice.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Mississauga, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2010

I stayed in this hotel when my husband was working around this area!We stayed about 4 weeks.The staff works in the front desk,lobby and the manager are really friendly and nice.The room is big,has tv in the bedroom as well.Kitchen is also nice,has all kinds of stuff when you want to cook a simple meal,they also has free dinner on every Tuesday to Thursday night(5.30-7.30P.M),if you just want a simple meal,that's the right place,food are really so so.The breakfast is ok,pretty much has the same food every day during my stay for 4 weeks.
The bad things about this hotel is the room service probably was the worst of all the hotels I have stayed over the north america.The maid seems very lazy,they just change your towels and make your bed,they don't clean the tub,the toilet,doesn't vacumm,dusting(the entertaiment unit is full of dust,disgusting)until you asked them to,but seems like they are not willing to do these jobs at all,also some of them don't speak english very well.There are foods in the hall way all over the hotel floors.1 or 2 time,only had cold water when I had a shower.The drain of the tub stucked,they fixed it,but still not working well.
Overall,not the best,not the worst either,but it is hard for me to say if we will ever come back to this hotel or not.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank LuHan
Winnipeg
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2010

I stayed here for 1/2 of one night in the summer of 2008. Lovely room, great decor, wonderful staff everything was fabulous! During my blissful sleep I woke to use the facilities and thankfully I had my bedside light on because when I returned to the bed I realized I was not alone. Bed bugs of various sizes which means at various stages of life had been biting me while I slept. Once I realized what had been happening, I saw several bites all over me but it wasn't til about 10 days later that ALL the bites appeared. Everwhere that pajames did not touch was completely covered in bites. My legs, arms, sides and face. I was shaken by the whole thing and left @ 3:00 a.m. to a different hotel. It was not til I returned home that I called the management who did offer me free nights stays - but, no thank you. They did acknowledge the problem and said they were addressing it so - hopefully all the wonderful reviews they got since then means that they got the problem under control. You can hardly blame them, it is a widespread problem but I wouldn't want anyone else, especially those travelling with kids, to encounter this.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business