“Preview of the new Scaddabush (currently Alice Fazooli's)”

Alice Fazooli's Italian Crab Shack
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian, Wine Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Duke of York
Transit: GO Bus and Mississauga Transit depot across the street.
Reviewed 21 June 2013

I was invited to a preview of the new menu sampling of the soon to be Scaddabush at the current Alice Fazooli's at Square One, Mississauga.
I can't say enough great things about their new menu. The appetizers with daily home made mozzarella made right there by chef Paul was amazing. We sampled four pizzas, pear/gorganzola/mozzarella (my favourite), a spicy-peppery pepperoni, marguerita, bacon and pepperoni. All very tasty and unique especially with the home made super fresh mozzarella cheese. A home made pasta ala bologanese was out of this world. Mmmm mmmm. They served these meals with a chianti that is not available at the LCBO yet and a pino grigio. But, you could also have a blood-orange frozen daquiri that went down really smooth. Believe me, I tried them all.
Mike, the manager, Alex and Paul were all right there to make sure we enjoyed, and understood the menu - how everything was made along with its process.
What an incredible attention to detail was placed on the foods served. We have always enjoyed Alice Fazooli's, but quite frankly, can't wait until they turn it into Scaddabush at the end of July.
Do yourself a favour and come on by. You won't be disappointed.

2  Thank ncavalli
There are newer reviews for Alice Fazooli's Italian Crab Shack

Reviewed 20 June 2013

w in late one night and needed some dinner. Stopped here for some dinner and they were open until 2 am. Great appys and other fare. Definitely recommend. Actually came back for a total of 3 visits during my 3 day stay.

1  Thank Roy V
Reviewed 19 June 2013

I slagged this bar/restaurant a while back and returned tonight with a group of work mates. A nice surprise as the two "bartenders" are gone and have been replaced with some transfers from their Oakville establishment.. What awesome staff, introduced them selves, were constantly making sure we were okay and just nice people. A fantastic change that put this bar back on our radar screen. Maybe they listened - no I doubt it - but good job anyway.

1  Thank DoubleC2011
Reviewed 18 June 2013

I went to this restaurant for a special date night with my hubby. It was dark and moody inside, a lovely hostess stand and great decor. It would have been romantic but there were small children crying at the table next to us so it kind of killed the mood.

Our server was a sweetheart; she made excellent recommendations. The food was delicious, but my portion was small and way overpriced in my opinion. I ordered the short rib ravioli, which was about $20$25 for 5 pieces of pasta. Nothing else came with it. It tasted great but I was still very hungry after I finished it. Hubby ordered a chicken dish for almost $30. For that kind of pricing I'd hope not to be seated next to a crying baby and to not have to wait 30+ minutes for our food to arrive.

The silver living was that even though our food took forever to arrive, about 15 minutes into our wait the chef came out and personally apologized and comped us each a dessert. So that helped make up for the measly portion of pasta.

All in all I really enjoyed the food, so I would go back again but I'll make sure we have a little more money saved up for a fancy night out, and I'll order something that sounds more filling.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

Dinner with a friend. Nice decor. The pasta dish I had was nice but the pasta could have been a little less chewy. Polite, attentive waitstaff. Part of the same parent company that owns Jack Astor's - chain food.