“Good meal”

Mandarin Restaurant
Ranked #29 of 1,827 Restaurants in Mississauga
Price range: US$6 - US$25
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, International, Canadian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Award-winning buffet featuring delicious Chinese, Canadian, and International dishes - all prepared fresh daily. Serving over 100 all-you-can-eat items including soups, salads, sushi, grilled items, hot entrees, and desserts. Also offering a-la-carte, take-out and delivery.
Reviewed June 15, 2018 via mobile

We recently went to this location. The food and service was good. Good selection of food for kids and adults.

Reviewed May 28, 2018

I believe the ownership/management changed recently, and it is definitely for the worse. First off, the owner/manager was visibly rude and treating the employees horribly - he was yelling at them in front of the customers. He did not say hi to us at all..instead was buttering up all the other white customers in the room. The servers (on his order of course) were hovering around the table waiting for us to finish our food so that our plates can be taken away. First of all, this is annoying and makes us feel rushed - so this was not appreciated. Then the servers would interrupt us to offer coffee and tea, or add in a suggestion - this happened way too many times. There is a fine line between hospitality and being overly keen - this was just not enjoyable. Finally, the icing on the cake - we paid our bill and got up to leave, and we were literally walking out the door- and this incompetent, idiot of an owner ran after us, yelling 'hello hello helloooo' -we turned around and this guy goes 'did you pay', 'did you pay the bill'. I absolutely cannot believe that this man treated us like this - how dare you run after and yell at customers about where they've paid their bills or not? We have never been treated like that in the 28 years we have I lived in Canada. Oh, and the food was cold and tasteless. So please don't waste your time and money on this waste institution unless that man has given up ownership/management. Thoroughly disgusted and would NEVER recommend this place to anyone, and we've been coming to Mandarin for 20 years now.

Reviewed May 28, 2018 via mobile

Well this is probably my last trip to and review of a Mandarin until they bring back those epic crab legs.

The rest of their buffet is good but not great or outstanding like the crab legs. Last night I had the teriyaki salmon (dry), salt n pepper fried shrimp (soggy), sauteed spinach (ok), prime rib (salty), BBB pork (good), and apple pie with vanilla ice cream (amazing). I could tell some food items had been sitting in the warming trays a tad too long.

Staff were super helpful as usual.

But sadly for the price we paid, with NO crab legs, I will have to spend my money elsewhere moving forward.

Reviewed May 22, 2018 via mobile

Took a business dinner at the Mandarin on Matheson. Good food. Fair price. Diligent staff. The buffet tables were well stocked and fresh. The selection was really diverse. If you can't fill your belly in here with decent Chinese food, it's you. I would take family here in a second. Business associates, too. This is their second location I have been to. I like and recommend Mandarin.

Reviewed May 13, 2018

If your in the mood for good Chinese food give the Mandarin a try. So much variety and everything tastes great. A salad bar, soups, sushi, large selection of Chinese dishes and a large desert selection. You wont go home hungry.