“Lunch near the airport”

Oliver's Ale House Ltd
Ranked #25 of 1,937 Restaurants in Mississauga
Price range: US$10 - US$34
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Description: Oliver's Ale House is an high quality upscale Ale & Chophouse with an executive lounge atmosphere. We are chef owned and operated and take pride in our fresh and made in-house dishes. Join us for lunch, happy hour, dinner or any special occasion. We are located in the airport district of Mississauga, near the Hershey Centre, The Powerade Centre and The Courtney Park Movie Theatres. Close to the 410, 407 and 403 series highways. Join us for live jazz and blues music on Saturday nights.
Reviewed November 27, 2017 via mobile

They have a bible of beers 4 pages long along with a decent election of wines for the non-Beer aficionados. Booths are cozy and cute! Service was great and the food .. oh the food! Grilled calamari, caprese salad, bison medium rare as the special and Oliver’s famous burger.

If you need a meal before a flight, this is a spot!

Reviewed November 20, 2017 via mobile

Whether a business lunch or coming by for a weekday or Saturday night dinner, you will find the Oliver's Ale House a warm and tasty experience.

A little easy to miss if you don't know where it is but not far away from anywhere in the Mississauga, Brampton or Toronto International Airport area.

Reviewed November 18, 2017 via mobile

Every Saturday Oliver's features live music. Blues. Jazz. Acoustic.

That combined with steaks and a huge beer menu it makes for a great night out.

Reviewed November 5, 2017

This place is a little difficult to find, but well worth finding.

After a couple of misses, I finally found the entrance (it's in an office park and lighting, signage is not great (according to the owner, the landlord "is working on replacing the lighting" though not fast enough).

I arrive a little after 8pm to an almost empty venue. I'm greeted war,ly at the bar get a beer and am told that the Kitchen is closed. Argh! I'm an out of towner (foreigner - from the USA) in need of sustenance after a long day of travel. Turns out the cook/chef is sitting two stools away from me. If the grill is still hot, he'll take care of me (cue the angels and the Hallelujah chorus!!!)

I order a Caesar salad (pretty good) and quickly scan the menu while the bartender tells me about the Venison Tenderloin special. It's not often Bambi is on the menu... need to try this - Price be damned (full disclosure - I didn't ask and they didn't tell).

Nicely grilled veggies, excellent garlic mashed and several pieces of the tenderest deer tenderloin later - With just the right amount of cherry sauce (and I hate cherries! - Musta missed that part of the description) - I was well sated.

Hoping for another trip to the great while north (but not while its white) so I can go back to this little gem.

Reviewed September 27, 2017

This review represents two visits, one in January and the other in February.

January
This was my second time here and also a group event. Marianne was at the top of her game which made the night a fun-fest. Oliver’s carries the Karma Sutra beer which was became a fan of the last time here.

The appetizers were highlighted by the flaming Greek cheese. The wings are small for the price. Found the sticky ones to be better than the dry ones. The rack of lamb ($42) was small for the price but very good. For dessert I had the bowl of chili ($18) which was outstanding and the best dish of the night, especially with the cold weather outside.

February
After a few great experiences we hit a bad one. To start my go to beer, Karma Sutra was out of stock and there was no chili available. For an appetizer I asked for the mussels in red sauce and was encouraged by the waitress to go with the white sauce. I said no but when they came they were served they came in white sauce with no apology. Next I went with two Oliver’s Favourite burgers which turned out to be a big mistake. I asked Marianne to assure that they were not overdone and of course they were served “dead on arrival” quality (packed sawdust). I could not eat them they were so bad. The beef tenderloin one of my colleagues order was small and also dead on arrival.

1  Thank MrOcho