“Great food, good value!”
Review of Viet Thai Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Viet Thai Restaurant
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Thai, Vietnamese
Reviewed July 29, 2011

We have eaten here on a number of occasions and have not been disappointed. The staff are friendly, the food is great and everything is reasonably priced. Favorite dishes include: tripe soup, sate chicken, spring rolls. The bubble tea is also good, as are the mango shakes!

Reviewed April 20, 2011

I have been coming to this restaurant for almost 12 years now!
It helps that I live just around the corner....

It serves one of the best pho in the city in one of the fanciest decor of any Viet restaurant around.
My current favorite is #109 large.
If the staff read this review they might know who I am ! LOL!

For pho, it's all about the soup stock, as all the other ingredients are similar. The VT stock is so tasty that I rarely leave a drop behind at the end of my meal. The serving size is generous as well.

My wife's favorite is the curry laksa. Whilst it's not like the laksa that we get in Singapore, she loves it as a reasonable substitute.

My kids love the crispy fried chicken wings which are large!
We also like the 'yao tiew' or fried dough sticks which are freshly made or should I saw freshly fried...

BTW, it's closed on Tuesdays....like I found out once too many times when I drove out for a quick bite to be disappointed that it was a Tuesday again...

1  Thank Visionsbydavid
Reviewed January 30, 2008

Great food at reasonable prices. Excellent wantons. Service a little slow but the food is worth it if you have the time.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed January 3, 2008

I used to like this restaurant but its quality has gone donwhill recently. Therefore, down grade it to 3 stars.

Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed December 5, 2007

#129, #135 and #501 are all fantastic!