“Truly a home away from home!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Always Inn Bed & Breakfast

Always Inn Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 66 Niagara Falls B&B and Inns
Tavistock, Canada
“Truly a home away from home!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

We enjoyed our stay in the Always Inn in Niagara Falls, Ontario. The place is clean and very comfortable. John and Chris were very accommodating and helpful. They also served delicious breakfast! Their place is quiet yet very accessible in this tourist destination. We'll recommend this place to our friends and families. Thank you very much! It's truly a home away from home!!!

3 Thank lissa625
hiripis26, Owner at Always Inn Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 24 February 2012
Thanks for your wonderful review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your next visit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

It was a beautiful trip to Niagara Falls with the warm hospitality, delicious breakfast, great owners and a beautiful heritage house. I want to come back asap. Excellent. Thank you guys, I really enjoy it.

Room Tip: All the rooms has their own themes. They are all beautiful. Which one you will have it, you will enj...
1 Thank Serdar Y
hiripis26, Owner at Always Inn Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 22 February 2012
We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate your review and we look forward to your next visit.
NEW FAIRFIELD
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2012

I stayed in the Always Inn in Niagara Falls, Ontario for one night while on a mid February steelhead fishing trip on the Niagara. The B&B was less than 5 minutes from the Queenston Boat Launch (and less than 5 minutes from downtown as well), quiet, clean, and the bed was comfortable. The hosts, John and Chris, were very welcoming, and made me feel right at home.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
hiripis26, Owner at Always Inn Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 14 February 2012
We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us at Always Inn Bed & Breakfast. Thanks for your review. We look forward to your next visit.
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2012

I strongly recommend that you stay at the Always Inn Bed & Breakfast. John & Christanna are warm and inviting. I felt at home within the first couple of minutes of arrival. In many ways I feel as though I visited with friends when I stayed with them. I am a 24 year old woman but John and Christanna have a way of being able to connect with me and be hospitable towards me that was very gracious. If you are reading this John and Christanna thankyou for having me. Thankyou for cooking for me. Thankyou for driving me in and out of town and wherever else I wanted to go, regardless of the distance and time involved for you, free of charge.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
6 Thank Alyssa P
hiripis26, Owner at Always Inn Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 9 February 2012
Thanks for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to you coming and staying with us again in the future.
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

We recently stayed over at this property for 1 night. We have another favourite in the area, however, it was not available at the time, so based on the reviews we have chosen this one.
I can't say it was bad, but I also can't say it was the best experience. The property is nice by B&B standards, but a bit on the old side. The host are definitely nice and try real hard to make your stay comfortable. We wanted to have some tea in the afternoon, and they made it absolutely hassle free for us, and went all the way to accommodate, which was very nice of them. Having the disposable slippers while in the house was also a nice touch. John has lead an interesting life and has a lot of stories to tell (ask him). So, overall, it was fine.
However, there were things we didn't particularly like, such as:
- Even though the hosts were nice, John was a bit on the controlling side. Things had to be done a certain way. Sometimes we felt that if something is not done the right way, we'd be yelled at (luckily we didn't). We felt that John had to learn to let go and be, and accept that stuff happens, especially if he wants to make it in this business and be number 1 in the area.
- Another negative experience was at breakfast time. The hosts were certainly trying to make sure that things run smoothly, however, they were also there the whole time just sitting and basically staring at us while we were eating. We did have somewhat of a conversation going on, but at times it felt weird. I think it would have been better if they were to join us at breakfast, or just let us be and leave us for the time when we were eating.
- The breakfast itself wasn't as great. I hate bashing somebody's cooking, especially if they try real hard, but I'm sorry, pancakes were horrible, and the muffins weren't that great either. Even eggs were mediocre at best. I left kind of hungry.
- Don't waste your money on the Jacuzzi room - it's not worth it. It's just a glorified soaking tub, plus as we were told - you're not supposed to fill it all the way because otherwise the water will be in the kitchen. So, we didn't even bother to use it. We were grateful enough that the washroom was inside the room (the blue room) which was a plus, as opposed to the other room (pink one) which had no washroom inside.
- TVs in the rooms are so tiny, even our computer screens at home are much larger. But it wasn't a big deal to us (didn't even watch anything), just pointing out.
Would I recommend it - definitely yes, would I personally come back - most likely no.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank zaika24
hiripis26, Owner at Always Inn Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 1 February 2012
Thanks for your contradictive review but we are an 1878 Victorian home. We feel sorry that you consider our hospitality as only average. Based on our other reviews the majority consider our services as nothing less than excellent. According to your friends, that stay with you that night, written review they wrote “We had a great time. We were made to feel right at home. Every detail was looked after and the breakfast hit the spot.”
Furthermore you have incorrectly classified our “pink room” Lillianna room as not having a washroom. Look again as it comes with an ensuite washroom with walk-in shower.
Thornhill, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2012

My daughter & I recently stayed overnight and we both agree that it was the most enjoyable experience. John & Chris were there to greet us warmly as we arrived. The place has a cozy , welcoming atmosphere and our room was delightful. Attention is paid to detail, water in our room, and the bathroom was well stocked with tissues, lotions etc. We had a delicious cooked breakfast, homemade muffins...everything you could want. John, Chris & son George are lovely, friendly people who are happy to go above & beyond to make sure your stay is memorable. We highly recommend Always Inn and will certainly stay there again in the future

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
7 Thank Gail L
Mandaluyong, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2012

First experience at a Bed and Breakfast and overall it was awesome!

First Impression - John and Chris - Warm greeting giving us a lay of the land, John offered his space to me for my laptop and gave me a detailed breakdown of what to do where to eat with pamphlets, etc - This helped us decide on what to do where to go and what to do. Free water and coffee always offered and candies.

The house is beautiful, looks smaller from the outside but it is a lot larger inside with all kinds of space and we were treated like it was all ours for the duration of the visit. (Allowed to put things in the fridge, etc)

House / Room - We stayed in the lighthouse room for 2 nights and it was good, nice cute them and then we transferred on new years due to capacity to a different room which was just as comfortable convenient - really great of John to have offered us this option as it completed our booking/stay nicely. Wifi worked great all over the house!

Breakfast - We we were alone first few days and the breakfasts were well prepared and too much to eat :) Bacon and Sausages and Eggs a variety was provided to us over the 3 days stay no complaints at all. My only suggestion is to include some home fries potato wedges since that is a personal favorite :)

Treatment / Stay Analysis - The stay was great John and his friends over the 3 days gave us lifts to the falls and to a bank machine, offered us everything and catered to our requirements amazingly. (extra pillows, umbrellas) I believe this is how a B&B should be delivered and the last day having other people there to interact with was great as well; I read some reviews before saying that the hosts are intrusive; that is nonsense they are trying to ensure you are looked after. John was also good at giving us solid directions on how to drive to places and with booking a few of the things we wanted to do. (Wine Tour, Falls attractions). One thing is if you are walking (and on New Years walking is better as the cab drivers will attempt to get 20 dollars out of you for a 8 dollar fare) is that in order to get there in 10 minutes you would have to run (Horseshoe Falls) so just take note of that it will take longer at a regular pace or if someone has legs that cramp up easily. (But as noted above, I am sure that if he is not busy John will offer some help with that :))

Overall great enjoyable stay, my wife is new to Canada and this couple provided her with an unforgettable experience. (And told us some funny stories about their experiences hosting B&B ::)

Thanks so much!