“Unexpected treasure near Niagara Falls”
Review of Cafe Nautica

Cafe Nautica
Ranked #153 of 610 Restaurants in Niagara Falls
Price range: US$4 - US$19
Reviewed July 17, 2018

We celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary in Nautica Restaurant . We could not find a better place for it. The restaurant had the fancy white tablecloths, peaceful music and very delicious food. The chef himself came to talk to us asking what he could cook for us!! We highly recommend the place if you enjoy more privacy and want to get away from the crowds from the strip.

Reviewed July 10, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I were on Queen St, and the restaurant we'd been planning to go to was closed. As it was our anniversary, we didn't really want to go to a fast food place, and it was getting late - so when we saw that Nautica Cafe was open, we decided to take a chance.

It was so amazing. We had the mixed grill: a delicious selection of pork kebabs, grilled chicken, sausages, cevapi, and pljeskavica(! beef patties with I don't know what kind of spices but the perfect ones), topped with salty-rich Balkan-style cream cheese. We had salad of ripe tomatoes, sweet peppers, cucumber, onion and feta. And we also had fresh bread, light and yeasty and just a bit crispy like it had been oiled before baking. I joked that I wanted to divorce my husband and marry the bread. It was very good bread.

And through all this, the owner/chef served us himself, and was wonderful - and very sweet while we raved about his food.

Reviewed June 13, 2018 via mobile

We came to Niaraga from Ottawa for a friend's wedding and this was the best place we could of possibly found. The owner treated us like royalty and the food was sooo amazing. I am vegetarian and he made a beautiful mushroom dish that was not on the menu! Would highly recommend to anyone!

Reviewed May 1, 2018

Cafe Nautica is a gem of a restaurant. I can't offer anything but praise for Zoran and his lovely, quaint Mediterranean establishment. I don't think I have ever experienced such attention, friendliness and care while dining. It has been days since we visited, and I still can't stop thinking about it.

Zoran was both our waiter and chef...an easy-going gentleman who just loves what he does. And the food was great! We had the assorted meat platter for two and had enough to take home for leftovers. The bread was phenomenal...his grandmother's recipe, we were told.

If you are visiting Niagara Falls, do yourself a favour and venture out of the tourist district. It's only a 5 or 10 minute drive to the downtown core and Cafe Nautica. And if you are a local like I am, try out the restaurant and prepare for a great dining experience. We will definitely be back...and I am certain that you will too.

Reviewed April 21, 2018 via mobile

Was surprised to find this type of cuisine in Toronto and the experience was wonderful! The chef makes his best to create authentic spirit of Bosnia and everything - from music to national dishes - reminded of my trip to the Balkans. Delicious food, experienced charismatic chef, authentic music.