“Memories of NYC deli”

Ranked #54 of 572 Restaurants in Niagara Falls
Price range: US$0 - US$15
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Description: The Famous is a world class café and coffee shop preparing fresh beverages and appetizing foods made from all natural, fresh ingredients.
Reviewed 31 July 2017

Eating at The Famous, especially the all day breakfast selections, sky high smoked meat and hot sandwiches, is always fun. The decor and sounds in the very open setting bring back memories of visits to a deli at Times Square. The hours are convenient and the desserts, beer and wine are good for those wishing a bite after taking in performances at the on-site Avalon Theatre. Staff are business like but friendly and attentive. The restaurant is located within casino grounds and parking was free with a casino players card.

Frank S, Owner at The Famous, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2017

It's so nice to hear you enjoy eating with us! We love putting a smile on your face with our all-day breakfast menu. Come back again soon!

There are newer reviews for The Famous

Reviewed 31 July 2017

While in Niagara over the weekend we went bar hopping and ended up at The Famous at the end of the night. Friends and I stopped in for a late night meal expecting solid diner type fare. I had the chicken club with fries. A club sandwich is a go-to for me as I can't remember the last time I have had a bad club sandwich, especially a chicken club. The sandwich wasn't only lack luster but also over priced for what I was getting. I found the sandwich to be very bland and underwhelming. I know places in the heart of Niagara charge a premium and am OK with that but at a premium price I should be getting a decent product. I would recommend hitting up the sandwich shop inside the casino or for the same price Spice Lounge served up better food (across the street in The Hilton).

Frank S, Owner at The Famous, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2017

We're disappointed to hear you were less than impressed with your visit here, Ryan. No matter what, you should always expect a delicious meal here! We hope you'll give us another shot to show you just how great a dish here is.

Reviewed 30 July 2017

I usually can't be bothered to write reviews, but after at least 10 visits in the last couple years, and never being disappointed, this is long overdue. I make a point of ordering something different each time, and no matter what it is, i am so impressed. Every portion is huge compared to the pricing. All ingredients are fresh, and taste homemade. No corners are cut, no cheap substitutes. Last night I ordered a turkey club sandwich, fully expecting and ok with turkey lunch meat slices. However, it was actually a large cut of fresh and juicy roasted turkey breast! It tasted incredible! My inlaws were also just as impressed with their burgers and fries. I have to say, breakfasts are just as good, especially the omelettes which are huge. I have never been able to finish my meal, even though I don't want to stop enjoying it. Even the coffee is wonderful. The service is always fast, super friendly and and attentive to anything we could possibly need or want. As long as they keep doing what they are, we will be loyal visitors every time we are at the Falls. No free buffet at the Casino or anywhere else, will ever draw us away from The Famous!

Frank S, Owner at The Famous, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2017

Wow, Anita, we're thrilled to hear how loyal and impressed you are with your visits here. Great food is what we're proud to serve up, and it's people like you that make the job great. Come back soon!

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

We liked so much that we've been there twice. Pancakes were delicious, apple & cinnamon compote amazing.

Coffee was above our expectations!!

The place is clean, bright, and do NOT have that common smell of oily fried food that breakfast places often do.

Staff is very nice, kind and attentive.

Price is fair, compatible with the good quality if food! :)

We will come back!!

Frank S, Owner at The Famous, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2017

Well, that's the kind of feedback we like to hear! It means a lot that you enjoyed eating here so much you came back again. We hope to see you in again soon!

Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

We found this restaurant on our first day in Niagara. Our hotel was across the street and we were trying to locate a good meal quick. A large portion of meatloaf arrived, it was OK. My daughter returned her Macaroni and Cheese, it had an unpleasant gritty taste.
The only reason for three stars is the excellent server that we had! She quickly noticed my daughter didn't like her meal and brought her some chicken noodle soup which was a little better. She was delightful!

Frank S, Owner at The Famous, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2017

We understand how this situation was frustrating for you and your family, and we appreciate you taking the time to let us know more. Wishing you all the best.