“"Horrible, ridiculous experience"”

Ranked #79 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
White Haven, Pennsylvania
“"Horrible, ridiculous experience"”
Reviewed 12 October 2011

My husband and I stayed at the hotel the 9th and 10th of Oct. I made reservations several days previously for a room with a jacuzzi, fireplace, frig, microwave, coffee maker. When we got to the room the fireplace wasn't functioning, had no microwave, coffee maker didn't work and our room door couln't close. I informed the man on duty of these issues , door was never looked at or fixed, they brought us a different coffee maker which ended up leaking all over the counter and my personal items ruining most of them!!!! Also. I was never informed of the construction going on when the reservation was made. It was a disaster all around the hotel, the elevator wasn't functioning at times, work out room was non-existant!!
Overall, I was lied to about everything in the previous paragraph... My husband doesn't get much time off from work and we had to spend most of it complaining to the employees. We wanted to get away from the stress, but we had more on this trip then we do at home. At time of checkout I told the woman a summary of our "horrible", "one wrong thing after the other" stay. She said she would inform the manager about it, I am still waiting for the second phone call!!!!!! If your establishment cares about fair customer service, I would prove it!!!

Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank donna k

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 11 October 2011

I decided to stay at this location due to price. I was travelling with my mother and 9 year old son. Let me first say that this hotel is not a 5-Star property, so those who are travelling looking for room service and 5-star amenities, this is not the property. However, it is down the main road from the falls and easily accesible via bus, car, bike or for the adventerous one..walking.

The staff is extremely pleasant and the location is very quiet. The rooms have the electric fireplace in the room and the bathroom is quite spacious. They do have a small pool on property and plenty of brochures for the area attractions. I had a river view 2 bedroom room and it fit my needs. The room was clean and worked for my needs.

Due to the nature of work I am into, I have the opportunity to stay in 4-star and 5-star hotels rather often and although they do not have what a 5-star resort would have, they had exactly what my needs were for the weekend. I would definitely stay here again without hesitation!!

Room Tip: The river view is best as far as room choices
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank TRGLASS
Rochester, Michigan
Reviewed 11 October 2011

My husband and I booked the trip to see both the Falls and the Shaw festival at Niagara-on-the-lake. The hotel was dirty, the work-out facility was closed and full of construction material. Our room was supposed to have a refrigerator and it did not. There was supposed to be a full warm continental breakfast, but food was served in the lobby that had no seating. Nothing cold to drink, only hot coffee. Very limited parking and had to dodge construction trucks and workers. Hallways and common areas very dirty. Also, no security on the outside doors. Anyone could walk in anytime of the day. I absolutely do not recommend this hotel. Plenty other hotels to choose from.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank diane c
Bolton, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 7 October 2011

So it was a romantic getaway for me and hubby so we ordered the heart shaped jacuzzi king bed room. We got our room and it was dirty. The door was open when we got there and the bathroom floor was super sticky with footprints around it. The heart shaped tub looked dirty and the mirrors were very dirty and not wiped clean. My husband phoned the front desk and the girl was super nice and switched our rooms in a blink of an eye. The new room was super clean. Nice view of the gorge. Clean bathroom, lots of towels. The bed was really comfortable. I wish I could have brought it home! We had the free breakfast...waffles, fruit, muffins, coffee, juice...enough for breakfast and included in the room price! Works for me! The parking lot is the only issue. Free parking but only 15 or so spaces. the night clerk let us leave our car in the front check in parking. The front desk staff are really pleasant. I wish I had got your names because the 1 girl and 2 men we dealt with were super! We stayed Oct 1-2, so if that was your shift, thank you for your great service. (I spoke to the one gentleman about leaving a review on Tripadvisor...here it is...I always leave a review ;) ) So if you want to stay here, it is clean, comfortable and great price. A bit far from the falls and Clifton Hill, but that is what we were looking for. Very quiet area of Niagara!

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd floor and were happy!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
London, Canada
Reviewed 18 September 2011

This was to be the second time staying at this hotel. I told them when I made the reservation that I'd be arriving late (around midnight) and was assured this would not be a problem. When we arrived, the hotel was sold out and there was no room for us. I did not have my confirmation number with me so I was out of luck. The people in the hotel did nothing to help us find another place.
I'm very disappointed.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
raleigh
Reviewed 19 August 2011

room are good but little old, some things don't work in room, free breakfast is the best thing you can get out of this hotel.
close to niagara falls
Free parking, many hotels around niagara falls don't offer free parking, though hotel is running with understaff.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 17 August 2011

I was there with my family for a weekend.I really like the location of the hotel.Its really peaceful .The front desk was really friendly and the rooms were clean.My kids enjoyed the indoor heated swimming pool and the morning breakfast.Overall my weekend went really well especially for my kids.They want to come here again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family