“Good price but thats where it ends.”

Best Western Fallsview
Ranked #48 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Ottawa
“Good price but thats where it ends.”
Reviewed 9 January 2012

My daughter and I went to Niagara Falls for the festival of lights (amazing by the way, you absolutely must make a piont to see this festival) and we choose the best western so we could take our dog with us. The hotel was easy to locate and the staff was friendly and helpful. It was clean enough but had carpeted walls which kind of grosses me out a bit (that being said they appeared to be clean)

Pros:
travel with pet
walking distance to EVERYTHING
price
Friendly staff
Beds were extremely comfortable

Cons:
The "Kennel" that they advertise is a room in the back that has multiple carriers in it. No one is supervising the pets and it was not a clean room. I left my dog there for a couple of hours and felt horrible the entire time. We left the dog in the room alone for the remainder of the trip (which is allowed)
The restaurant in the hotel never opened, we intentionally book with hotels who have a restaurant so we have a quick and easy breakfast option. It was very disappointing to discover that it never opens and that we were never notified about this upon booking.
Maid service was not great. We found our room no cleaner than when we left, new towels and fresh toilet paper were the only evidence of the maid arriving at all.
The street is VERY noisey, the IMAX theatre is directly across the street and it has a running announcement that never seemed to stop.
Do NOT pay for the room upgrade (I can only speak of the delux upgrade) it isn't very much to upgrade but it is a complete waste of money, yes you can see the skylon tower but through a dingy balcony and that seems to be the only thing that is upgraded from a average hotel room.

Of course none of this could possiblly ruin a trip to the amazing falls but if I could do it all over again I would pay for a proper kennel back home and stay at the Hilton!

Room Tip: Don't waste money on the deluxe upgrade, you'll be placed in an average room overlooking a n...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank OttawaCookie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (357)
Windsor, Canada
Reviewed 27 December 2011

This hotel is not one of the fancy ones that are in Niagara falls. This hotel is located among many attractions and within walking distance of the falls. The staff was very welcoming and could provide me and my family with lots of information about attractions. This hotel is defiantly one of the best and trusted places to bring your dog. This hotel has a kennel
Service that is the best. The whole staff has taken courses on dealing with dogs. While you are out walking niagara falls, the kennel service will walk your dog and play with your furry friend. As long as your dog won't be non-stop barking in your room, then your dog can stay with you in then room. The fee for the kennel service is $20 and that is for the whole time you are there. Overall this a great,cheap hotel.

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank Samantha G
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 26 December 2011

Great, friendly customer service. Very pet friendly with special dog treats waiting at front desk. This is the ONLY pet friendly hotel in Niagara Falls, ON...!

• Stayed December 2011
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 19 December 2011

We have stayed at Best Western Fallview about 2 times a year in March and December each year for the past 8 years. We have a dog so there arent many options of places to stay as many hotels arent pet friendly. I would ask the total cost when I would phone reserve my room and get a price but it wasnt until the last stay last December that I was really wondering my quoted price over the phone and my actual price didnt match when I would ask at the front desk when paying they would tell me the price I was quoted WAS without taxes and I didnt know the % of taxes and I ended up paying MORE then quoted.I ask for a room with 2 double beds and THEY would upgrade me to Skylon tower view with 2 queen beds. This time I was quoted $306 for my stay included taxes parking and the dog fee and I made sure that the price I was quoted on the phone included everything! When we got the express check out statement early in the morning the bill was for $325.55 ! I paid this amount as I couldnt get on to the WiFi to double check my emails.When I got home I checked everything and called them back they took care of it gave me a $23.14 credit back to my bank account. I wonder how many times they have done this to me and other people I was charged regualr price for the "free upgraded room" for the second night. They said the auditor would have caught it within weeks but if the room price was correct and over looked as a free upgrade who would have caught it. It isnt a bad hotel to stay at if you have no other option with a pet. The Bistro Restauant is too expensive there are cheaper options close by.

Room Tip: If you are on a lower floor there is no reason to pay extra to get the fallsview room as you cant se...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank trcy8116
Iowa
Reviewed 9 December 2011

My husband and I visited this Best Western during a recent rip to the falls. We were a little weary due to some of the negative reviews but decied to give it a try because we were traveling with our dog and needed someplace pet friendly. We did not eat in the restaurant so I have no information to add there, but we found the hotel clean and comfortable and the staff very helpful. Yes, it's an older hotel. Yes, there are probably others that are more posh. But it's certainly not as described by some of the negative reviews. The room was clean, the beds were comfortable, and the hotel staff were coureous and helpful. We also enjoyed the availablility of the pet sitting option-nothing special about the area where they keep the dogs -just a large back room in a secure area that housed various sized dog crates. But it was very nice to be able to go out and about and not have to 1) take the dog with us or 2) worry about having to get back to walk & potty her. A huge plus was the fact that this service was included in the dog fee. Probably will not get a chance to return to the falls area, but would stay here again if I did.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Jerusalem, Israel
Reviewed 8 December 2011

we booked the hotel by niagaraparks.com
the only reason i choose BW was the loyalty program, when we arrived the crew made everything to charge us with extra charges.
then they told me they cant credit my loyalty program because the price of the room was low.
the room was dirty. terrible service. unfaire charges.
I wont stay again in BW at any hotel. la quinta is much better chain+fair atitude to their loyal clients.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Yudcohen
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 21 November 2011

The staff are nice. The hotel lobby is nice. The pool is even passable (as long as there's no one there - it's TINY!). The rooms and hallways feel messy. Not horrible - it just seems that no attention to detail is paid when cleaning is done. DON'T eat at the restaurant...the menu is small, overpriced, and the food isn't that great. Many better options in the area for a better price!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple