See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed October 29, 2014

We met Cee when arriving the property manager and he was all around funny and great to talk to. He explained to us that this motel caters to monthly and weekly clients mainly and that no housekeeping or toiletries were provided. We were simply looking for a cheap place to stay for the week. He also introduced us to his wife Amanda and she too was very nice and funny. They made it clear to us that this was a motel and nothing fancy but that they would love for us to stay with them. They showed us two rooms one outside and one inside a building. We chose the room inside the building. For $200/week you cannot go wrong. The room was spotless and going to the dollar store up the road for toilet paper and some shampoo was nothing to us. They also had laundry on site which was nice because we didn't bring too many clothes. I think the previous reviews are forgetting that this place is basically like an apartment building. Where else can you go in Niagara Falls and get free parking plus stay 7 nights for $200.00. When leaving we exchanged phone numbers and will for sure come back to the Carriage House. A big thank you to Cee and his wife for making our stay so enjoying.

Room Tip: VERY quiet place they also have a security guard at night and if you need him he comes right away.
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MelanieSasch
Reviewed August 9, 2014

We stayed here in Aug 2013 as part of a road trip for our 5th anniversary. We were looking forward to going to Niagara Falls & staying at this hotel spoilt it for us. We booked online before we went.
Upon arrival after a long drive, the 'receptionist' wasn't anywhere to be seen.
Our credit card(s) didn't work in their machine (despite us phoning our card companies & them saying nothing had been refused) which meant we then paid cash for our stay - we should've just paid for one night & did a runner ASAP the next day! I wonder if getting you to pay cash was a scam so they could cash the 'residents' giro cheques.
The reception area is very grand looking & lulls you into a false sense of it being a nice hotel - it's not! It's awful! The rooms felt grubby, everything you touched felt dirty. There were ripped bedding/towels, stained walls, carpets. No cleaner coming in - we were there 3 nights. There was a used coffee filter left in the coffee machine (dread to think how long it had been there!) there was a fridge & microwave in the room & the TV only seemed to pick up the WWF channel! There was no safe, we felt it was safer to take our possessions with us rather than risk leaving them in the room. We tried to stay out as long as we could as we felt a bit intimidated by some of the other guests who liked to stare at you. To be honest it's like staying in a Jeremy Kyle holiday camp - you can imagine the type of place it is! As another reviewer said the type of people that live in this place are drunks/people on benefits we saw one guy get out of a taxi loaded with cans of beer at 8am & the police frequent the 'residence'.
My advice would be NEVER stay here, even if you were desperate!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sarah S
Reviewed October 12, 2013

The young lady at the desk was very polite and nice. The rooms are very nice. For the price you cannot go wrong. We were motel searching before and this one was the most affordable, and has a more comfortable/classier atmosphere. The rooms are spacious, the beds are pretty comfy..there's a pull-out couch,you can adjust heat or a/c. If you're looking for something simple, well priced, with a few bonuses (Wifi, tv, etc..) this is a good place. For me... I like the coffee makers in the room :)

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Elizabeth W
Reviewed September 15, 2013

If you're not going to read my whole review then I at least want you to know: "You are better off sleeping in your car! Your reservation is not guaranteed here! You will go to check-in just to find out that they gave your room away to someone paying more money and they have no other rooms to give you! Stay somewhere else!!"
The TERRIBLE service started from the BEGINNING! I tried booking my room online and received a pop up box that a confirmation would be emailed to me. After waiting for almost 2 hours, I received nothing, so I called the motel. The first 2 times, no one answered. So I called a different number in which I reached Amanda, the so called "manager". She informed me that their website does not send email confirmations but she reassured me that my reservation was received so I thought everything was fine. Man, was I wrong! Not only did no one answer the phone..EVER, the day before our trip, when we literally called them about a dozen times to reconfirm our reservation & see if it was ok to bring another guest.
So now we come to the day of our trip...an 8 hour drive from New Jersey to this unethical hotel. We get there and all the lights in the office are off and there is a hand written sign on the door that says "sorry we are full, no rooms available. Ring bell for assistance" so we rang and rang the bell and finally 2 kind gentlemen, who claimed to be the maintenance men, tried to help us. For about 20 minutes they tried getting in contact with Amanda, the incompetent manager and who ever was working the front desk that day. They finally got in touch with the girl who worked front desk to find out that she gave our room away! 8 hours away from home, all we were told from one of the maintenance men was, "sorry guys, but they gave your room away. Wish there was something I can do but we are all booked.." We drove around for almost an hour going from hotel to hotel, exhausted and wasting time & gas looking for a place that wasn't going to charge us an arm & a leg "just to SLEEP for a couple of hours!"
....and after all this, do you think Amanda called us the next day to accommodate us in the future OR even the VERY LEAST, "apologize" for the inconvenience they caused us?? No, no she didn't!

Stayed: August 2013
10  Thank Christina1386
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Worst stay I ever had.Staff unhelpful,as they closed early and where not there to help in evening.Did not have key ready when I arrived and had to hunt a lady down to unlock my room at 11:00 at night and office was closed.Was told to go knock on a room door of someone I did not know.When I got in room shower/tub handle did not work and could not turn on water to bath.Air condition sucked/no cool air. checked out to an apology but talk is cheap when you are charged in advance for a room you do not get to see.I am still waiting to talk to someone to complain and get a reund for this dump.This place should be condemned.I could list more but you get the idea.

Room Tip: Keep on going past this place,you will find better close by
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo