“Fantastic - But Be Careful Booking The 2 Room Suites”

Niagara Falls Marriott Fallsview Hotel & Spa
Ranked #5 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
GreenLeadersBronze level
Dublin, Ireland
“Fantastic - But Be Careful Booking The 2 Room Suites”
Reviewed 26 March 2012

We stayed at the wonderful Marriott Fallsview recently and found the hotel to be a gem.

However we had one major disappointment. We booked a two room suite. On arrival my wife and I went into the room on the left. Wow.. we were blown away. There were 2 large beds and the view was absolutely magnificent and we were thrilled. When we popped in next door to see our friend and her mothers room, it was smaller, with a double bed, and a very poor view. Pretty much looking down on a roadway with some litter on it. As our room had the 2 separate beds they asked us to swap. :(

We were so disappointed to have to give up the room with the beautiful view for the much poorer second room. We asked at reception if there was any chance of an upgrade as we had come on such a long flight just to be there for a once in a lifetime experience, but we were told it would cost €149 extra per night.

Apart from that the hotel is top class though. Just be careful what you book if the view is important to you, which it is for most people I'd imagine.

Room Tip: Room on left in connecting two room suites is the one with the view.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank egr8888

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,254)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 25 March 2012 via mobile

What a great time we had, from the moment we drove up to the valet service to the time we got in our car to leave, excellent and friendly staff and top notch room! Thanks for making out Spring Break weekend extra special!

Stayed March 2012
Brampton, Canada
Reviewed 23 March 2012

Room was a Fallsview with king and whirlpool.Weather permitted incredible views of both falls.Front desk and dining room staff very professional and efficient.You can get package deals as well.For all hotels ,restaurants and attractions in the downtown area expect to pay an extra tax for entertainment ie.light shows at the Falls,fireworks etc.This on top of HST.Hard to accept when you are just passing thru and dependent on time of year-no benefit.Some say you can ask to have it waived.
This did not infringe on having a great time however.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank bwharber
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 21 March 2012

We went to Niagara Falls last year and took the kids. Spectacular views from our room. I am a Platinum member and this is the BEST hotel stay by far with Marriott. My only recommendation, with kids get a two bedroom suite instead!!!! We enjoyed the view for 3 nights and our cocktail.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank RebeccaN1
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Reviewed 19 March 2012

i stayed there last weekend. room was ok. did have junior presential suite. but the view is terrible. out side window was dirty. view from the jaquzzi is bad. and valet parking is bad. they charge same amount but they damaged to my new car. i did filled the incident report. it took 30 minutes to get the car. poor service. would not choose it for my next visit. definitely not valet parking.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
8 Thank thabo v
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 19 March 2012

I took eight people to the Marriott Niagara Falls Hotel on Saturday night to celebrate my mother's 84th birthday. I love a trip to the falls as it brings back great childhood memories (visiting my grandmother), and a special weekend package, coupled with wonderful weather made it irresistable. The hotel was great - clean, friendly and a jawdropping view of the falls. But it was our visit to the spa that made it legendary. It started with the booking. Kim booked our group in for spa services effortlessly. Like the hotel, the spa was very clean, well organized and comfortable. I had a massage with Kristen, (an RMT), which was very relaxing and professional. My mother (the birthday girl), had a massage with Colleen. When my mom finished her treatment she was glowing - this was her best birthday ever. As we were checking out Colleen appeared at the desk with a big grin from ear to ear. We shared her Irish heritage, which was all the more interesting as my mom's birthday is on St. Patrick's day. Colleen also shared our Niagara Falls heritige, and she spoke fondly of many of the landmarks of my childhood memories. As if that wasn't enough, get this. I was almost home (2 hours away), when I realized that I had left my jacket, with all of my keys in the pocket, hanging on a gravestone in the Fairview Cemetary (where my grandmother is buried). I didn't know who to call, and then I remembered Colleen. I called her and without even missing a beat, she offered to drive to the cemetary and search for my jacket. Colleen has been an RMT for 25 years. Not only does she give a great massage, she really connects with her clients. Thank you so much for giving us not only a great day at the spa, but a lasting memory of real people giving great customer care in Niagara Falls.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Jim C
Guelph, Canada
Reviewed 18 March 2012

I am a 40-something professor and my wife is a 30-something lawyer. We've both been to Niagara Falls many times. However, we decided to spend one night here on a weekday before Christmas when you can get amazing deals. We had a King bed Fallsview room, high up. It was truly a memorable experience!!! We may have had the best view of the Horseshoe Falls. We couldn't take our eyes off of them all night or in the morning when we woke up. Really worth it, but only if you get a similar room.

The hottub in the King room was beautiful and made for 2 people.

Surprisingly good experience for someone who feels like the Falls has nothing new to offer and isn't particularly fun nor interesting.

Amazing value on a weekday in December -- our room was ~$100 USD whereas it goes for $300+ during peak season.

Room Tip: Fallsview room, high up.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple