“You get what you pay for”

Niagara Falls Marriott on the Falls
Ranked #10 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
GreenLeadersSilver level
Brooklin, Canada
“You get what you pay for”
Reviewed 31 May 2012

Yes the place is expensive as is everything in Niagara Falls, but nowhere else can you get such a breath taking view and great amenities. Thia is our third time staying, and we have stayed next door, next door to that and two doors down from that and really enjoy the spot. Today, we sat for over an hour in our room just marvelling at the view that we have seen dozens of times. Now the lights have gone on the falls and we sit and stare again. Great place to people watch and enjoy the view.

Room Tip: The higher the better, but also the more expensive
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
4410, General Manager at Niagara Falls Marriott on the Falls, responded to this review, 19 June 2012
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

We are truly appreciative of your wonderful comments. Thank you for taking the time to share them on Trip Advisor. I am happy to hear that you continually stay with us and marvel at the amazing view that we have of Niagara Falls. We hope that you will join us again soon for your fourth stay.

Gord Chow

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (916)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Toronto
Reviewed 31 May 2012

We just stayed there and I would definitely stay there there again, our room had a king size bed, dining area with kitchenette with counter seating for 2 and living room, big bathroom with jacuzzi in very good condition and stand up shower next to it also in good condition, the view of the falls and the upper Niagara river was awesome. The room was very clean as was the rest of the hotel, service was very good no complaints at all, didn't get a chance to enjoy the pool, maybe next time. All the linens were very nice not a mark on anything, I found the room to be affordable, and since everything in NF is close to each other there's no need to be concerned about distance to anything you want to see. Once again I would definitely stay there again no question about it.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you will definitely come back. We appreciate your comments regarding our cleanliness, view and location. We look forward to welcoming you back to Niagara Falls!

Arlington, Texas
Reviewed 30 May 2012

What a fantastic hotel. Great service. Good food. The view of the falls from our our room on the 24th floor was unbelievable. I have been all over the world and this was my best view ever from a hotel room. Within walking distance to lots of great places to eat. The room themselves are very well appointed.

Room Tip: Falls view above the 19th floor
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
4410, General Manager at Niagara Falls Marriott on the Falls, responded to this review, 6 June 2012
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments! We are delighted to hear that your stay was perfect and I hope that you will join us again soon.

Oceanside, New York
Reviewed 29 May 2012

After many years of wanting to see Niagara Falls, my wife and I finally decided to scratch it off our bucket list. We figured it would probably be the only time we would ever visit there and wanted to stay at a pretty decent hotel. Our main criteria for a place was (a) a hotel with a view of Horseshoe Falls (b) an area we felt was safe to walk around at night (c) basically a four-star hotel with clean rooms and (d) a place with a decent restaurant. I went online, read quite a few reviews of various hotels, compared prices and found about six hotels that seemed to meet our criteria, however, they were all a bit pricey. The reviews were rather mixed regarding every hotel but it seemed as if many of the poor reviews concerned things such as pool size or parking fees. We didn't plan on swimming and came in on Amtrak so these issues did not concern us. Most of the six hotels seemed very similar but in the end we decided on the Marriott Gateway on the Falls and their 'Superior Fallsview Room' and we're glad we did. We went for three nights during the Memorial Day weekend. Upon our arrival, we were greeted at the door and directed to the reception desk where a gentleman named Ming set the tone for our entire trip as he was more than happy to assist us and answer all of our questions. I must admit, some of the poor reviews I had read about this hotel made me a bit apprehensive but when I asked Ming "how is the Superior Fallsview Room?", he replied "Quite Spectacular!" When we opened the door to our room on the 26th floor we had to admit, Ming was right, the view was indeed SPECTACULAR. The room was what we had expected and hoped for, nice and clean. EVERY staff employee that walked by said hello and made us feel very welcomed. We only ate breakfast at the hotel's restaurant. The omelette station's line was annoying long and $20 per person was a bit costly, however the quality of the food was very good making it worth it. The hotel is a short walk down to the Falls and about a ten minute walk to the Fallsview Casino and a lively, safe area with many restaurants. The Maid of the Mist, Niagara Casino and Clifton Park which is home to such places as Ripley's Believe it or Not, The House of Dracula and the like are about a twenty minute walk. Our only negative comments have nothing to do with the Marriott Gateway on the Falls, only with Niagara Falls Canada in general. Converting the American dollar to Canadian and dealing with customs is a nuisance. Be aware this area is definitely a tourist trap and plan to get somewhat ripped off. The cab meters run very fast. It seems as if most well known restaurants are more like 'express' versions of the real ones at home. Their menus and food dishes are smaller but their prices are larger, sometimes quite a bit larger, then add on the Canadian taxes and the tourist tax and the cost can add up rather quickly. If you like or have never tried a Brazilian Steak House, we recommend going to Braza's, across from the Fallsview Casino. All the bar-b-que lamb, chicken and various types of steak you can possibly eat costs $40 per person, $46 on Friday and Saturday nights. That includes quite a few good hot and cold buffet dishes. We feel it's one of the better deals in town. All in all, Niagara Falls Canada is still a destiny we would recommend everyone to do at least once in your lifetime and staying at the Marriott Gateway on the Falls in a Superior Fallsview Room will set a very good tone. Have a great trip!

Room Tip: If you are looking for a 'Spectacular' view of the Horseshoe Falls, we know you will not be...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

We are delighted to share your comments from your stay with our entire team of associates. I am glad that you enjoyed the view from your room. I hope you will stay with us again when you are visiting Niagara Falls.

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2012 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel at the start of May 2012. It was great from start to finish. Room with a fantastic view of the falls, was amazing waking up & lookin out onto such a magnificent site. The hotel itself was superb, large lobby with free wi fi, Starbucks coffee shop & very friendly helpful staff. The hotel also provides a shuttle bus, which was extremely useful.
Our deal included the breakfast Buffet & again the food was top quality. We loved Niagara Falls & would love to go back, would recommend this hotel it's super.

• Stayed May 2012
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for sharing your comments from your recent stay. I am glad to read that that your stay was great from start to finish. I look forward to welcoming you back to Niagara Falls.

Brampton
Reviewed 28 May 2012

The check in was fast and friendly. Rooms were clean. We had a great view from the 27th floor. Accommodated our request for a late check out.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

We appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay and I am glad that our associates were able to accommodate your requests. I hope that you will join us again soon!

Brampton, Canada
Reviewed 28 May 2012

This hotel was under renovation at the time that I had taken my 5 year old daughter down. Roughly Feb 27 - 29th 2012. Upon arrival from the cold trip, the receptionists were all helpful at talking and arranging a room, and let me check in earlier I assume because they heard I walked from the Go bus stop which took us 30 minutes on a non snowy, but windy day. I get into the room and noticed the washroom was a little small (but how much time would i be spending in there) and there was a tear on the leather lining to a mirrior. This stuff was minor when you compare the filth you find at the budget hotels all around the Niagara Falls area. I have stayed in many of them the past 5 years and they made me sick and horrified. That is why when I obtained a voucher deal online for this Marriott I grabbed it and went down. We had one example of incredible service when we came down before dinner time, but after all of the snack bar places closed in the lobby. My daughter was hungry and I had no snacks so we went to find something to munch on before dinner. Every snack place was closed and I have a voucher for a alcoholic drink at the lobby bar, so I used it and the bartendor was kind enough to give my daughter some pop and pretzels when she heard our minor problem and as we waited she tried to find cookies until the restaurant was ready to serve dinner. It was roughly half hour wait, and that was no problem but I could not believe the hospitality considering I am not a fancy person, i got the room as part of a online voucher deal and it was the dead of winter.Everyone was so gracious towards me and my daughter. Then when we were seated and served dinner the waiter was super nice and brought extra butter for my daughter's rice. In the morning the breakfest buffet was so stocked and clean and the widest variety of options I had seen in a long time at a breakfest buffet at a hotel. This hotel was so clean, so friendly, and everything was great. For the first time a hotel stay felt like a home away from home for me. Infact another online voucher became available and I am returning on the 29th, 30th and 31st, this time brining not only my daughter but my fiancee for a family outting. I cannot wait, because this place is wonderful.

Room Tip: Check for deals online towards this hotel, otherwise if you can travel off peak season it is worth t...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

We are happy to read that you had a wonderful stay with your daughter and will be returning again soon. I am delighted to share your comments with my entire team. I hope that you will keep returning for your vacations.