“Great Location and accomodations”

Skyline Hotel & Waterpark
Ranked #30 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
waterloo
“Great Location and accomodations”
Reviewed 28 February 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights, mid week during the later part of February.

The hotel is situated just behind the old casino in Niagara, across from the parking garage. You are a 5 minute walk to lundys lane and the falls. There is limited parking and you may have to park in that garage. It is included in the parking rate you pay at the hotel. I think it was around $12. I did have to do that. However, I moved my car the second night.

As I was attending a conference and did not want a room in the "Family zone", I called prior to my arrival to ensure a quieter location. Upon check in this was already taken care of. If you read other reviews you will note that characteristic of the hotel because it is attached to the water park. It tends to be a family friendly hotel. No worries, if you are aware.

The check in went quickly. But I have to say the nicest part of the hotel was the front desk staff. I think her name was Billie. She was so nice and helpful. She made sure I received my wake up calls, greeted me everytime I was leaving or arriving and was genuinely helpful.

As for the room it was clean and quiet. I booked my room on expedia which I found to be less expensive than booking directly from the hotels website.

Great moderate hotel.

Room Tip: courtyard if you have kids
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank sunfish8

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (276)
Pembroke, Canada
Reviewed 27 February 2012

We stayed here with out 19 month old at the time and loved it. All the bad reviews saying it was noisy need to open there eyes a little. This is a family oriented hotel, lol. Had movie night, with popcorn, rooms were very clean and our was HUGE. We always upgrade to have room for our son to play and this room was very nice and big. Will return in the future. Only downfall was my little one was not aloud to go down the slides with his father, 1 person max, which was disappointing considering the money we paid to get in than we could not use anything but the kiddie area. My son was not even aloud in the same water tube in the pool with his father, again 1 person max.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Rochester, NY
Reviewed 23 February 2012

I stayed here overnight with my family, including two pre-teens, over February break.

During check-in, my first impression was not positive. I was behind a family of foreign travelers who were clearly having some difficulty with understanding English. The desk clerk spent a long time trying to upsell them to a much more expensive room, while the rest of us waited in line. If another clerk hadn't come out and opened up a new station, I was on the verge of asking the first clerk to just take "No" for an answer and let everyone else in line check in.

My clerk didn't try any upselling, for what it's worth.

Parking is a pain - as others have noted, there's not much at the hotel itself. The overflow parking under the waterpark is a hike when you have lots of luggage.

The room itself was fine. Clean, reasonably comfy beds. The only downside of the room itself was the bathroom was extraordinarily dark, even with all of the bulbs on. Oh, also, WiFi is NOT available in any of the guest rooms - just in the common areas.

Outside the room however - holy cow. The skyline seems to be the place to go for parents who let their kids run wild. As a parent of two, I was astounded and appalled at the level of behavior that some parents were allowing. For example, the family in the room next to us was having a "friendly" screaming contest with their kids at 11:30PM. Huge number of kids who looked no more than four or five years old were randomly wandering around the hotel unaccompanied. Objects were being thrown off balconies into the courtyard. Yelling until all hours. It was a madhouse.

Would I go back? Well, if I felt like abandoning all parental responsibility, perhaps. Otherwise, no, there are other more civilized hotels in the complex, which aren't all that much more expensive, either. While I realize that the hotel can't control the behavior of all of the guests, there was clearly no effort by any of the staff to keep things to a dull roar, either.

Brantford, Canada
Reviewed 23 February 2012

I forgot my wallet at my house that is over an hour away, and Manager Candee was very understanding and allowed my three kids and I to check in while my partner drove back to get my wallet! The whole weekend could have been awful but thanks to a very understanding Manager, my family avoided disaster! Thanks Candee!

• Stayed February 2012
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 21 February 2012

I recently stayed at the Skyline for four evenings. This is not my first time staying at the Skyline Inn, and it certainly will not be my last. The staff is fantastic, very friendly and willing to go the extra measure to make my mini-vacation truly enjoyable. The accommodations are wonderful, everything is in great condition, very clean and fresh! The hotel is in very close proximity to Casino Niagara, and conveniently located to the dining options and sights of Victoria Ave, and Clifton Hill. Can't wait for my next visit to Niagara and stay at the Skyline Inn!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
Guelph,
Reviewed 16 February 2012

We used the Skyline Inn as part of a package for the Fallsview Waterpark. The Skyline connects directly to the water park and that in itself is a great feature as you can go directly from your room to the park wearing your swim gear without the fear of getting cold.

Check in was at 3pm but when we arrived we were lucky enough our room was ready for us. Our room faced into one of the courtyards that played plays a movie every-night at 8pm and as we have younger children they switched us to another courtyard where we thought it would be quieter. While we didn't have the movie outside our windows it certainly wasn't as quiet as we hoped with the after movie ruckus.

The room is adequate and as a plus had a fridge which was great for having a place to store snacks for the kids. Another great feature is the retractable clothes line in the tub surround, perfect hanging those wet things from the water park.

Parking is available in the underground parking but spaces are very limited and it's first come first serve. It is also very tight and small so larger SUV, while they can fit, it's a multi-point turn to get into a spot. More parking is available in the multi-story parkade across the way; A bit of a walk during inclement weather. Parking is not included in the hotel rate and is about $12 dollars per night.

There is no free continental breakfast with the hotel room, however we were given a kids eat free with an adult coupon for the attached Perkins restaurant. After reading the reviews we decided to eat elsewhere.

The staff were, while not very informed about the different programs and incentives running for their hotel, were very friendly and helpful. Only one manager we spoke to wasn't accommodating for an issue we had. Because we ate at the Rainbow Room restaurant we received 20 dollars off another restaurant within the complex. When we inquired how we go about using this coupon he said it was invalid as we didn't show the coupon when we ate the night previous. No where on the coupon did it say that this was necessary and even pointing this out he maintained his position.

The truly saving grace about the Skyline is it's location. It's a short walk across a parking lot and you're right on Clifton Hill. Smack dab amongst all of the attractions; perfect when walking with kids.

Our package included a $40 off dinner at the Crowne Hotel, tickets for attractions at the midway, a pass for a 4D movie which was a lot. Our package was for one night plus essentially two days at the water-park. To make the most of our vacation we paid for an extra night stays. The rate for room was around $100 dollars. A little research and cheaper rooms could be had for less that included parking and breakfast at hotels just around the corner.

Overall the room was good for what it is and the convenience for being at the park but for value, a better water-park package could be devised on my own. I doubt we'll return here.

Room Tip: If noise is an issue don't book a room adjacent to the courtyards. Choose this option if you don...
4 Thank JayK242
Barrie, Canada
Reviewed 15 February 2012

I was very impressed with many aspects of the hotel. The staff were over friendly and went out of their way to accomodate you in whatever way you needed. They were always smiling. The room was exceptionally clean. They weren't cheap with towels either. They even had a kids movie night where all the parents and kids gathered together with pillows and blankets in tow! Popcorn was provided. We went with our 2 grandchildren to go to the waterpark which was a real highlight for them. A great weekend getaway! Thank you for making our stay very pleasant.