Sheraton on the Falls Hotel
US$72
US$74
CrownePlaza.com
  • Restaurant
Great Wolf Lodge(Niagara Falls)
US$284
US$264
US$207
Hotwire.com
  • Restaurant
US$135
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Cairn Croft Hotel(Niagara Falls)(Great Value!)
US$94
US$77
  • Pool
Radisson Hotel & Suites Fallsview(Niagara Falls)(Great Value!)
Hotels.com
US$87
US$124
US$103
7,561 results
All reviewsclifton hillhard rock cafecorner suiterainforest cafegreat viewresort feesmall balconystarbucks coffeebuffet restaurantindoor waterparkrainbow bridgevalet parkingwater parkfloor to ceiling windowswaterpark packageself parkcity view
Reviewed February 24, 2012

One of the best hotels I've been to...fantastic views especially the rooms with ceiling to floor glass. The rooms were clean and went to the restaurant just before the fireworks display - make sure you go on that day as it makes it all the more worth while! Maybe it's better you stay in your rooms at the time of display. The location is very good too for the restaurants and arcade and movies in the vicinity.

Room Tip: Go for the Fallsview Room
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed February 22, 2012

It's pretty much another Sheraton- no big surprises.

We paid a little extra and booked a FallsView room... and extra again for BOTH falls (which essentially means a higher floor as the Canadian Horseshoe falls are in the distance). When we checked in, they had us on the 6th floor, which just would not have been high enough to justify paying extra twice. We offered to wait an hour and come back so they could better accomodate us, but the hostess said it didn't work that way. Had to press a little bit to get a higher floor, but she did finally accomodate us on floor 17, which had the view we were hoping for with a direct view of the American falls and distant view of Canadian Horseshoe. We had flown there for ONE day, so it needed to be worth it. The hostess was very pleasant and trying her best to make us happy.

Positives: It's a Sheraton. Concierge was helpful. Great view if you $. Proximity to Tim Hortons (?) donuts/hot chocolate... much cheaper than lobby Starbucks and just a few steps away. I had never been to one before!

Neutral: Self park was $19 and next door at the Crown Plaza. Starbucks in Lobby.

Negatives: MY FAULT, this was a last minute trip (day before) and I didn't research on TripAdvisor as much as I normally would. But, this hotel is home to the big indoor waterpark. Again, my fault, but if this helpful to anyone, that's my purpose. We have teenagers, but we are not waterpark people. If you do not want lots of kids (and adults) roaming around in flipflops, wet in the elevators, screaming toddlers in the halls, swim diapers being changed in the lobby... this is not your place.

In addition, it is adjacent to a carnival-like cheesy themed street with wax museums, arcades, etc... all majorly overpriced junk to be quite blunt. Before leaving, we drove down to the hotel area near the Canadian Horseshoe falls, and they seemed much more "quiet". That's really the area our family would have enjoyed. More mainstream restaurants as well.

And for my rant... we took our kids to see the Grand Canyon last year, so we really wanted to add Niagara Falls to this list. We are not Six Flags, waterpark, carnival folks, so we are happy that our kids really seem to enjoy somewhat educational travels. I was SO disappointed by what surrounds the falls- I was just not prepared for it, I guess. I cannot fathom what would encourage the sort of cheesy, carnival-like surroundings at such a gorgous site other than money. The falls are just so stunning and the sound is so relaxing... and then you turn around to see flashing casino and ferris wheel lights. Maybe I am in the minority, but I anticipated it being a little more isolated and relaxing. It made me a little sad honestly, that one of the most gorgeous sites in North America is not "enough" on it's own... it had to be cheapened. It must be the kids today who need to be constantly stimulated with something "fun". Boo.

Nutshell: Romantic getaway? Don't stay here. Over 40 with no kids coming along? Don't stay here. Family staying in Niagara multiple days and will need kid activities? This might be your place.

Room Tip: Floor 14 is the pool, exercise floor. Lots of traffic there. Above about 10 should give you a good view.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank PeachyKaren
Reviewed February 21, 2012

Comfortable and clean room. The Fallsview room has a great view of the American falls and a fairly good view of Horseshoe falls Restaurant also had fallsview and the buffet dinner there was decent. Good location, close to restaurants and shops and feel very safe walking around at night. Friendly front desk/tour desk staff.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed February 20, 2012

It's definitely worth upgrading to a Falls View room if possible. This hotel gets a great view of the American falls, but if you want a view of both, you may want to look at the hotels on Fallsview Blvd a couple of km southwest of this hotel. Also, there are no good restaurants near this hotel. This hotel is near Clifton Hill, which has a carnival-like atmosphere. Really strange I might add. Unless you are ok with Tim Horton's or Boston Pizza, you may need to either eat at the hotel or walk towards the Horseshoe Falls for other food options. Also, you are only allowed to buy beer at designated liquor stores and the closest one is about a 15 min walk uphill.

I paid for a Falls View room with points and requested for a Platinum upgrade and received a nice suite. The only issue was that I was on floor 5 and the view was slightly blocked by the trees. Thus, I suggest if you are paying for a Falls View room, try to get a room higher than floor 8 at the very least. I felt that we needed only a couple more floor to make it an absolute perfect experience.

You dont have to worryavout a good night sleep as the rooms are very clean and the beds are very comfortable. Other than some slight inconveniences in regards to its location that I alluded to in the previous paragraph, it's a great place to stay when visiting the Falls.

Room Tip: If you are going to upgrade to a Falls View, try to get a room higher than floor 8 at the very least.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank NWTraveler25
Reviewed February 20, 2012

We stared for 2 nights family day weekend (Feb18-20). We have previously done family trips to the falls for a couple of days and always enjoyed the hotel and nearby amenities. I have only good things to say about the hotel facilities staff etc, however our weekend (and other families' as well) was tainted by the presence of several hundred(thousands?) of university students in town for a cultural/dance competition. As a group they were rude, unruly, obnoxious, and irresponsible. Why the hotels would book such an event the same weekend as family day is beyond comprehension. It was like Spring Break, although most families stay away from Daytona and South Padre so the kids can have their fun. From 9pm -3am it was non stop yelling and I am sure security was run off their feet all night. Advice to parents check ahead if the North American Cultural Show is on in Niagara next year..if it is, stay away.

On the positive side, we enjoyed the Danny ZZZ show (part of the package), the waterpark, the combat cars swat ride etc, which are also all included. The MGM experience is lame, don't buy tickets for it.

I would definitely return to this hotel, but never on the family day/president's day weekend.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family