I stayed at this hotel with my husband and 5 year old daughter for 2 nights with a waterpark package included. Check-in was very efficient and the clerk and bellman were very helpful and informative. Upon check-in we decided to upgrade to a fallsview room and it was well worth the money for a full frontal view of the American falls and a partial view of the horseshoe falls since they are further away. All in all the view was outstanding.
The room had 2 queen beds, sitting area with gas fireplace and a sufficient sized bathroom with tub/shower (it was interesting to see a TV in the bathroom - which was nice to watch when soaking in the tub!). The TV in the room was a large flat screen and was to good to watch in-room movies on.
The only con according to us was the beds. They appeared new but they were very, very firm. Therefore we found them to be a bit too hard for our liking - but others may like a very firm mattress.
For those of you with children be aware that there is no mini-fridge or microwave in the room. We travelled with our electric cooler in which we brought our own snacks and drinks. The cost of such things at the hotel are very expensive so it's best just to bring your own.
What impressed us the most was the customer service at this hotel exceeded our expectations. The bellman upon check-in was amazing! Her loaded ALL of our luggage on his trolly, he was very friendly and informative, and he even offered to take all our things to our room and plug in our cooler if we had elsewhere to go and did not want to go to the room right away! When we called about one of the TV remotes not working. Within 10 minutes a repair man was at our door and fixed the remote. On day two a houskeeping supervisor came to our door to make sure that we were happy with the housekeeping in our room and she gladly provided us with additional towels upon our request. All in all the customer service at this hotel is outstanding!
The waterpark was amazing and had slides for everyone of all ages! Our daughter had so much fun and we had fun on some of the larger slides as well. The only downfall about the waterpark is the Planet Hollywood cafe in the park. You are not allowed to bring any food into the park and this is the only place to get any food. We had lunch there and we greatly regretted it! We are not pick eaters and it is the first time that my husband returned his food (a hamburger). All the food tasted horrible, was cold, and very, very over-priced!
In the hotel we ate breakfast at the Sheraton Fallsview restaurant, it was buffet style. The quality of the food was average. Children do eat free so that is a bonus. For dinner we ate at the Rainbow Room which is supposed to be fine dining. The view of the falls from the restaurant is spectacular, but that's about it for the positive. The food was cooked well, but lacked any real flavour which one would expect from a fine dining restuarant. Also the kids meal did not include the sundae dessert which many other places do. Our daughter's dinner came up to $25 which is a bit excessive for a kids meal which consistented of very dry chicken fingers. So we were all very disappointed with dinner.
We really enjoyed our stay at this Sheraton for the excellent customer service, and we would probably come back for another waterpark getaway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The AAA/CAA 4-Diamond Sheraton on the Falls hotel offers the largest, most luxurious Fallsview accommodations in Niagara Falls, Canada. Located directly across from Niagara Falls and in the heart of the tourist district, the hotel features the best views of the Falls which are showcased by the floor to ceiling windows in all Fallsview rooms & suites. Sheraton is also home to outstanding guest services & amenities which include two new fallsview dining experiences; the 4-Diamond award winning Windows by Jamie Kennedy and the Fallsview Buffet. In addition, the hotel offers the breathtaking new Christienne Fallsview Spa, and indoor connections to the attractions, dining, and entertainment located on the 20 acre Falls Avenue Resort including Casino Niagara, and the Fallsview Indoor Waterpark. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Cancelon, Travelocity.ca, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sheraton on the Falls reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton On The Falls Hotel Niagara Falls
- Sheraton Hotel Niagara Falls
- Sheraton Falls
- Sheraton Niagara Falls
- Niagara Falls Sheraton
- Sheraton On The Falls Niagara Falls, Ontario