Mixed feelings about this hotel. We stayed on New Years Day (Jan. 01, 2012) for one night with their Water Park package. At check in, we were offered a semi-fallsview room for an extra $30, which we took. Room size was OK, but did not have a fridge to keep the baby's milk cool.
There was a package of junk food and water/drinks for sale, but I would have preferred that they did not leave it in the room as it was too tempting for the kids. The toilet had urine stains upon initial inspection, which was yucky, but Lysol wipes fixed that.
We had 2 problems while staying in this hotel:
1. They offered kids eat free coupons and vouchers to eat at 2 different affiliated restaurants. The problem was that the coupons expired on Dec. 31 and we checked in on Jan. 01.
2. There was a lot of noise - like a club or something - and when we called the front desk, we were told that other patrons have already called in and security is looking into it. The noise level did not go down, but the next morning, we got a card under the door that said that security has already resolved the issue.
How the hotel solved our problems:
Upon check out the next morning, we made no mention of the noise and just returned the vouchers and coupons to the front desk because it was already expired. The girl told us that we should still be able to use it, but since we were leaving and frankly, we weren't interested anyways, we declined. The girl then offered for us to have breakfast upstairs, on the house, which we thought was very nice and took them up on the offer.
Here's where it got complicated:
Not long after coming home, we received our CC bill and unfortunately, they charged us the full price for the breakfast (in addition to the room upgrade). I had to call them several times and was routed to billing (who was apparently one person only and does not return calls) and could not get anyone to resolve the issue. Finally, I spoke to a front desk supervisor who said she does in fact see the note on my account about complimentary breakfast and wil send a message to accounting to reverse the charges, but I would have to wait one billing cycle before I will see the refund.
The refund has been processed. Our experience was OK due to some hiccups, to which the staff offered immediate resolution, but that only led to further complications. So...can't say it was the worst experience, but definitely, not one of the best.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The AAA/CAA 4-Diamond Sheraton on the Falls hotel offers the largest, most luxurious Fallsview accommodations in Niagara Falls, Canada. Located directly across from Niagara Falls and in the heart of the tourist district, the hotel features the best views of the Falls which are showcased by the floor to ceiling windows in all Fallsview rooms & suites. Sheraton is also home to outstanding guest services & amenities which include two new fallsview dining experiences; the 4-Diamond award winning Windows by Jamie Kennedy and the Fallsview Buffet. In addition, the hotel offers the breathtaking new Christienne Fallsview Spa, and indoor connections to the attractions, dining, and entertainment located on the 20 acre Falls Avenue Resort including Casino Niagara, and the Fallsview Indoor Waterpark. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Sheraton on the Falls reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton On The Falls Hotel Niagara Falls
- Sheraton Hotel Niagara Falls
- Sheraton Falls
- Sheraton Niagara Falls
- Niagara Falls Sheraton
- Sheraton On The Falls Niagara Falls, Ontario