“Great Views”

Ranked #7 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
“Great Views”
Reviewed 12 April 2012

We stayed at the Sheraton Falls Hotel, and after looking at all the different hotels on offer none can match this for the views from ones room of the Falls from the Canadian side.The hotel is situated right as you exit the Rainbow Bridge from the USA. It offers valet parking but if costs don't matter then you won't worry but to those on a budget it is expensive. The rooms facing the Falls offer a spectacular view especially at night when the light show up the Falls and the higher your room the better the view. The restaurants in the hotel are good and thew buffet is a good start to the day especially if you have little children who dine for free.
The hotel is close to one of the Casinos in the same complex, Planet Hollywood, Hard Rock and a few others plus downstairs is a Starbucks for those coffee addicts.

Room Tip: Ensure you book a Falls View Room the corner suites are bigger but more expensive do not get a room...
2 Thank Colonel1957

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,120)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 11 April 2012

I was at the Sheraton for a short visit to Niagara Falls on Thursday April 5, 2012 with my husband and since I had never seen the Falls from above or rented a Falls View Hotel before I thought why not. Entering the hotel I was surprised at the darkness of the place, having already been greeted by several people I walked up to the counter where I asked for a falls view room. The lady proceeded to give me a price on a single queen bed room with the view. I almost fell over when she showed me the price 179$ for the single night. Does “Holiday” mean empty your bank account or load up your credit cards at the Sheraton - The answer is YES. Read why...

Now so you know I had done my research and found that "package". I had not reserved thinking Hotels do know when packages are out and what kind of packages are out there and they compensate in some ways for not having reserved in advance. Well NOT the Sheraton. They didn’t even blink at the fact I knew of the packages and how much it would cost me. They didn’t even offer anything that would want me to stick around.

Here is the package you can still get online if you look it up…
Comfortable, spacious accommodations
$40 voucher for Falls view Dining at The Keg Steakhouse & Bar overlooking Niagara Falls or it may be used at T.G.I. Friday’s (transportation included)
Casino, Falls & Attraction Shuttle passes for use throughout your stay
2 Queen Bed City view Room - Connected to Falls view Casino by Indoor Walkway

ALL THIS for $129.95... as far as I know that is 50$ less with some very good perks that I could of certainly used while on my stay to view the Falls, relax with my husband, enjoy the time alone with him.

I have to admit that the bed was comfortable the view was amazing even from the furthest corner of the Hotel. The bathtub was so old you had the used marks at the bottom and it wasn’t draining quickly enough. I found long black hair in my towels. The towels were hard and so rough on the ski. The counter was dirty and dusty. The noise from running kids and close closing was like if they were coming out of our own room absolute insufficient noise reduction. I was very disappointed to a point of almost turning around and walking out and away.

Every Hotel offers free internet now why not the Sheraton? Internet = 15$ per day. What about parking? You pay a room but also have to pay parking I guess parking is at a premium in Niagara Falls. Regular parking = 20$ where you have to walk about a half mile to get too it and parking with valet = 30$, add all this on top of the regular room price. Like WOW… just WOW. Oh and don’t’ forget the taxes… not only 13% no it is boosted up to 16%. Oh and here I was going to forget 1.25$ for a local phone call where when we called to order out, we were told that the restaurant in particular could not deliver to this Hotel. We would have to go pick it up for 10% off the cost.

Not impressed, outraged and over priced and lack of customer service to a prime location is simply unsatisfying as a clients.

Any thoughts on the delightful basket in the room and how we have to call 15 minutes in advance for them to “check” if nothing was taken from it, completely useless overpriced items. I had to wait about 30 minutes in the Lobby before checking out, after I had called them at least 15 minutes in advance.

You make your own ideas on what is and what isn’t but I find that good customer service would have been to offer me that deal even if I had not done my reservation and perhaps I would have stayed longer. (I would of taken 2 nights if they had offered me the deal) Well that was my intentions but at that price I found something else for my second night of relaxation with my husband. Far Far away from the expensive Sheraton Hotel.

Simply unbelievable for a short stay or mini vacation.

Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
Reviewed 11 April 2012

Without a doubt, the Sheraton on the falls proved to be one of the best hotel experiences I can recall in many years. From reservations, valet, check-in, housekeeping, concierge and check-out, our stay was flawless. The entire facility was clean, entire staff was friendly and accommodating, and the room - with a spectacular view - was wonderful. You must (repeat, must!) get a fallsview room on an upper floor AND, if possible, reserve a corner suite (the view of both falls from the bathroom is worth it!). The breakfast buffet (free for KIDS) was worth the convenience, the selection and more relaxing views. Also, keep in mind, you are a block from Clifton Hill, a casino, theme restaurants and more. Visiting in early April was ideal (as opposed to the more crowded times). If coming from the states, take advantage of alcohol pricing at the duty-free shop (across the street) when you leave Canada. I would also recommend you stop on the American side for a unique perspective Niagara Falls. Enjoy the Sheraton on the Falls.

Room Tip: Must reserve a Fallsview room, perhaps 10th floor or higher. Splurge for Corner Suite.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Andrew B
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 10 April 2012

I felt that the food was subpar the breakfast pastries were stale. The room view is great if you have the falls view. The room was not cleaned satisfactory. They did not vacuum replace the empty toiletries. I would rate the stay 7 out of 10.

Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Poughkeepsie, New York
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Okay to start off and provide a disclaimer:
I am not an overly complex person or someone that creates a major hastle when traveling. I find that if the room is comfortable both in temperature, cleansiness and cushioning (bed, chairs and sofa) that I am pretty much happy.

This hotel offered all that plus an amazing view.
The view was unheard of for seeing the falls.
I must admit that this review is a bit dated as we went about a year ago, however, there is nothing I could say about this hotel stay that was not enjoyable. The food in the hotel was not great and the view was pretty poor, but I didnt expect much from the restaurant to start.

The room was clean, a nice electric fire place, great view with floor to ceiling windows and decent housekeeping while we were there.

Our trip was three days long and we had a blast. In fact despite traveling all around the world and visiting various hotel chains, this was one of my favorite trips. It may very well be aligned with the fact that I spent it with my fiance' and that we had no major activities planned and no things that we had to do other than see the falls.

One thing I would recommend to anyone is to take a trip to the CN Tower. I think it took us about 2 hours to get there. We had dinner at the rotating restaurant and really enjoyed the ambiance and food quality. The prices werent cheap but the setting sun from such a height was amazing.

Definitely would recommend the Sheraton on the Falls accomodations to anyone going to Niagara Falls. We definitely got our moneys worth with discounted prices as well.

Have fun!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view way up at the top of the hotel. They are more than accomodating should th...
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LoveNYCtravel4Real
Windsor Ontario
Reviewed 10 April 2012

We stayed the Easter Weekend and had a wonderful holiday, the hotel was quite crowded but the hotel staff did their best to accomodate people effeciently at check in. The staff here is exceptional, right down to the elevator gentleman and the cleaning staff. The Assistant manager (Karsten) was quiet helpful and accomodating when I made a request prior to the visit, she answered my inquiry quickly and was very friendly. The location is superb, offering excellent location to view the falls, both american and canadian, also right at the corner of clifton hill district, No need to use the car after its parked. The hotel offers many packages, we did the ultimate couples package and it was a great value, water park, restaurants, casino are all attached and easily accessible. The room was nicely decorated with floor to ceiling windows to enjoy the view, I would suggest the upgrade to fallsview, its so worth the extra cost. We will definately be back!

Room Tip: Upgrade to fallsview, so worth the extra cost!
Reviewed 9 April 2012

We booked a corner room (closest to the falls) high up. Great views of the entire falls and the gardens. We used our points and well worth the upgrade. The room was a bit tired, but the sights made up for it. We stayed in for the evening falls fireworks and ordered up room service. Great Sheraton wings as always!

The indoor pool is small, but the outdoor one is bigger and has a great view from the terrace.

Breakfast buffet is also decent and nice views.

Only issue is the hotel had a big convention on, so wait times for the elevator was long.

Free newspapers everywhere and staff were great.

Room Tip: You want a corner room with the small balcony. Great for watching the fireworks. Also as high as y...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family