“Very nice rooms, great view!”

Radisson Hotel & Suites Fallsview
Ranked #6 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Toronto, Canada
“Very nice rooms, great view!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2012

I actually stayed in February of 2012, but only recently joined TripAdvisor.

At that time they were in the process of completinng the renovations to the Hotel and booked a King size Jacuzzi Fallsview room, which had a superb view of the falls. Check-in was courteous, professional, and quick.

The room is Triangular in shape and is exactly as shown on the corporate website. There is a mini-fridge, microwave, flat-screen TV, Jacuzzi in the corner, and separate enclosed washroom. Everything was new, clean and simply decorated. One side of the room is completly windows which lets good amount of natural light in and we had a perfect view of the falls. The building infron did block a little of the view, but not of the river or the actual falls itself and was really nice.

There is a pool on premises but found it mediocre and did not eat at the restuarant so I dont know how it was.
I stayed for 2 nights at about $135/night and was well worth the money. You get a great view in the King-Jacuzzi and its located very close to all the attractions.

Room Tip: Ask for the trianglular King-Jacuzzi room on the upper floors for a breathtaking room.
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
Shelley070, General Manager at Radisson Hotel & Suites Fallsview, responded to this review, 4 February 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. Since your last stay I am happy to say that all renovations are now complete and we have received nothing but compliments about our new look. The fallsview jacuzzi suites indeed offer a spectacular view of the falls. I do hope that should you be in the area again you decide to stay with us again. We thank you for your business and do appreciate it.

Radisson Hotel and Suites Fallsview

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (453)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
North Bay, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2012

I have yet to find a hotel where the staff are friendlier and the rooms are nicer then the Radisson Fallsview. My first stay at this hotel was in a city view room and was I ever impressed. The decor is fresh and new, the bed was comfortable, the bathroom was spotless. On top of the room quality, Crystal at the front desk was warm and cheerful and happy to assist me with any request. She provided me with a safe route for outdoor running and other information on the area. My second booking was based specifically on her excellent customer service. During that stay, my room featured a view of the falls, a jacuzzi and sleep number bed. My bathroom was incredibly spacious and work area was large. I felt like a king! I also made good use of their fitness area which features a wide selection of free weights up to 40 or 50 pounds, and two high quality life fitness treadmills.
You will be in good hands at the Radisson Hotel & Fallsview Suites!

Room Tip: Rooms with a cityview are an affordable alternative to a fallsview room and are just as nice!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Steven S
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. Crystal is a definite asset to our hotel and she exemplifies the type of customer service we at the hotel believe in. I am pleased to see that you have now become a repeat customer . I will definitely pass along your comments to Crystal as I know that she will appreciate hearing them. On behalf of everyone here at the hotel I thank you for your business and we look forward to seeing you again when you are in the area.

Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2012

We stayed at the Radisson Fallsview just prior to Christmas, 2011, while in transit through Niagara Falls. The deals on hotel space here in December are excellent, considering the caliber of hotel you get, thanks to inventory that was built to accommodate summer crowds. For the same money you'd pay for a Holiday Inn in Buffalo, you get a luxury hotel abutting one of the world's natural wonders.

Our family includes two adults and two small children (ages 1 and 3), and our room in this hotel was unquestionably the best we have ever experienced for our needs. We were assigned a guestroom in the shorter part of the hotel (as opposed to the tower), which gave us an extraordinarily large room that included a separate bedroom, kitchenette, and a pleasantly spacious bathroom. The room itself appeared to be brand new, with all of the wonderful sparkle and freshness that this implies. Furniture was excellent for sitting and eating, there were high-definition televisions and separate thermostats in both living room and bedroom, the bathroom was clean and new, and the bed was comfortable. I cannot say enough good things about the functionality and feel of this space.

As for the pool, it was on the small side, but new and nicely appointed, with an effort made to impart a tropical feel to the surrounding space. A very pleasant experience, though I can imagine overcrowding might be an issue in high season.

Although we had little interaction with hotel staff, the individuals working the front desk staff were courteous. So no complaints there.

Parking at this hotel -- as with all non-budget hotels in Niagara Falls - was $20 a night. While this may seem like highway robbery, it's impossible to avoid (a consequence, perhaps, of many area hotels sharing common ownership despite operating under different banners). Simply add that cost to the quoted price, and accept that this is the real cost of your room.

The only downside of this hotel is that it is across the street from other (usually pricier) options that have better views of the falls. Although we were not in the tower -- the only part of the hotel where views are possible -- it seems clear that the Radisson does not have the prime vista that the Marriott or Embassy Suites can offer. Then again, half of the rooms at these properties don't face the falls either, and the view from the decks beside the falls is free.

In short...loved, loved, loved the room. Would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank ed_the_sock
Shelley070, General Manager at Radisson Hotel & Suites Fallsview, responded to this review, 26 January 2012
I wish to thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We recently completed our renovations and all of our rooms and public space have been designed for the comfort of our guests. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our new look. It was indeed our pleasure to have you stay with us and on behalf of all of us here we thank you for choosing our hotel for your visit to Niagara Falls. I do hope that should you be in the area again that you do decide to stay with us again.

Hamilton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2012

I was a long time Crowne Plaza Niagara Falls customer, but due to a change in their front desk management (the new one had no idea how to treat loyal customers) I began looking elsewhere. I am so glad that I did because I have found my new hotel and it is great.

I was lucky enough to be upgraded to what I believe is the newer or updated section of the hotel. The floor that I was on had brand new carpet and I believe the room did too. The room was not what I would call huge, but it had everything that I needed and more. The room had a Jacuzzi tub that faced the Falls and had a King Size bed that also faced the falls. There was also a nice sized desk in the room. The other thing that I liked, and have yet to find in the Falls is the T.V. had a great range of channels. I know that is not so important to visitors coming for the weekend or a honeymoon, but for business people, this is a huge deal due to all the down time. I also had a nice box of "ice wine" chocolates waiting for me, and that was a nice touch.

The front desk staff was fantastic, especially Mr. Johnstone.

I highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the Niagara Falls area, take it from someone who has stayed at many a hotel, this hotel is fantastic and I look forward to returning again.

Room Tip: Great, affordable place to stay in Niagara Falls
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank chicostravellin
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed not only your room but our hospitality as well. Each guest room and all public space have been completely renovated so every room is brand new. Mr Johnstone is the most recent addition to our desk and I am glad to hear that he provided you with the high level of customer service our hotel has become known for. All of us here at the hotel truly appreciate your business and we look forward to your return.

Radisson Hotel & Suites Fallsview
New Castle, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2012

We booked this hotel for 2 nights January 13- January 15. This was our second time staying at the Radisson. We have yet to be dissapointed with our stay at this beautiful hotel. The Radisson has been recently renovated and everything is stunning. The front desk area, the pool, the decor, the rooms- everything is modern and beautiful. We've booked a jacuzzi fallsview suite both times we've stayed there. It's definitely worth the few extra dollars. The view from the room is breathtaking- It overlooks the horseshoe falls. At night you can enjoy the falls being lit up from the jacuzzi in your room. The sleepnumber bed is an extra plus. The bathroom is large and clean. The room couldn't be better. Wi-fi is available in your room for no extra charge. There is a refrigerator, a microwave & a coffee machine in each room. Dont waste your time bringing a hair dryer as one is provided in the bathroom for you. The location of the hotel isn't bad either. The casino, the falls, and several bars and restaurants are within easy walking distance. The only complaint I could possibly have is that you have to pay 20$ a night to park. Other than that, a must stay at hotel!

Room Tip: Corner suites are large with a nice sized jacuzzi!
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Amber H
Belleville, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2012

We booked here for the New Years Eve celebrations and weren't disappointed - we were in a clean, comfortable room with fridge and microwave - everything nice and clean. Any request we had from staff at the front desk or valet folks was handled with good humour and in a timely fashion. The parking situation there was a bit slim - and the lot apparently is shared with a restaurant. It seemed a bit steep to be paying $20 to park on top of the inflated holiday prices for the room! Valet parking two blocks away also discouraged us from driving anywhere - and it was quite a hike to Clifton Hill area and the concert park. This hotel was, I think, built to service the new Casino complex. It's also too bad they built another hotel between this and the falls so the only view was a glimpse of the horseshoe falls and the river upstream. The second day we moved the car to the lot, and were lucky enough to find a spot there.
All in all a pleasant visit and friendly helpful staff.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank drm1997
Shelley070, General Manager at Radisson Hotel & Suites Fallsview, responded to this review, 18 January 2012
Dear drm1997

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. Niagara Falls has fast become one of the places to ring in the new year and as such parking spaces at times can be very difficult to find. It is good to hear that the staff provided you with the great customer service that we are becoming known for. I will pass along your comments to the staff as I know they will so appreciate hearing them. On behalf of everyone here at the hotel I wish to thank you for your business. I do hope that should you be in the area again you choose to visit with us again.

Montreal
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2012

We booked this hotel for 2 nights (30 dec – 1 Jan) for 4 adults. The view was towards Marriott hotel.
The room was clean; the beds comfortable, the bathroom also clean. Free wi-fi was available in the room. The price was a little bit too expensive.
The only thing was that the parking was not free (20 $ per night, taxes extra) and it was only with valet and not also self parking as mentioned on the booking and hotel sites (the valet was a little intimidating when asked why I could not self park my car). Although I saw empty places on the time of check in, the car was parked 2 blocks away (I know that because I was to check for something forgotten in my car with the valet the next day) and for that reason we preferred to walk till the main attractions (the park with the falls was at aprox. 20 min) having a good weather with no precipitations on 31st.
The check-in and check out were very fast, the receptionists were helpful and welcoming

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Shelley070, General Manager at Radisson Hotel & Suites Fallsview, responded to this review, 9 January 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Niagara Falls has definitely become one of the places to be on New Years Eve and as such rooms and parking are at a premium in Niagara Falls. We do thank you for choosing our hotel to ring in the new year and hope that should you be in the area we see you again.