“great location and view”

Radisson Hotel & Suites Fallsview
Ranked #5 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Brisbane, Australia
“great location and view”
Reviewed 21 March 2012

We paid extra for a falls view room, I don't think there's much use getting a room not seeing the falls if that's why your visiting. The service was great and helpful. Parking was $10 a night which was just outside front of hotel. All rooms have sleep number beds which I hadn't slept on before this stay, they were OK but not the best night sleep. To get to the falls you either have to walk or drive all the way around which is a fairly long walk or pay to go on the mini lift that goes up and down the hill.

Room Tip: We paid extra for a fallsview room
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank 50opd2j
Shelley070, General Manager at Radisson Hotel & Suites Fallsview, responded to this review, 28 March 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. In addition to the incline railcar that brings you directly into the park which is adjacent to the falls there are other modes of transportation available. The falls shuttle service and local transit system are both available at a minimal cost. I do apologize if you were not made aware of these options while with us. From May 24 to October there is also a shuttle service that runs directly in front of the hotel and for a minimal charge it provides you with unlimited use throughout your stay. I do hope that you visit us again as we very much appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again.

Niagara Falls, Ontario

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (473)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Port Perry, Canada
Reviewed 16 March 2012

We stayed one night at the hotel and the room had just been updated which was nice but the bathroom door did not work the greatest as they did not do anything with it during the reno so it was hard to open and close. Other than that the room was nice and new. They are all going to new air conditioning/heating units under the windows which tend to be a bit louder than the older style ones. Good location and cabs are right across the road if you need to take one anywhere. The only thing I found was food was expensive no matter where you went for dinner or lunch. There is no free breakfast here either. workout room had a few treadmills and a eliptical and some free weights with tv's as well. Small pool area but all very nicely done. Front desk was great she even knew my name the next morning when I walked by which makes it more enjoyable. they do check up on you to make sure you have everything and everything is ok as well. Parking was supposed to be 20 dollars and they gave it to us for $10 which was a nice surprise as well. It would have got a 5 if they provided some sort of breakfast or coupons for meals with the room. Overall though pleasant stay.

Room Tip: We stayed in just a normal room but could have upgraded to a suite overlooking the falls for anbothe...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank robl158
Shelley070, General Manager at Radisson Hotel & Suites Fallsview, responded to this review, 21 March 2012
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. We do appreciate all guest feedback as it assists us in fine tuning our operation. On behalf of myself and all of the staff we wish to say thank you for choosing our hotel for your visit to Niagara Falls. I hope we see you again soon.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 14 March 2012

Traveled to Niagara Falls for the 1st time for my 31st birthday.

Booked hotel in advance and chose it because of reasonable cost (even during 4th of July weekend) and location to restaurants and falls. All walking distance to falls, casino, clubs, shops, etc.

Initially had a street view room, but upon arrival (which was early and they still let us check in) I let the front desk know it was my birthday and they not only wished me a happy birthday, but upgraded our room to a fallsview. I was happy to have the free upgrade, but was blown away once we got in the room. I was not expecting what I saw. The best view EVER!!!! How nice of them. All weekend the staff remembered me and wished me happy birthday, asked if I was enjoying my birthday, and upon check out, still inquired about my birthday weekend! We got gift certificates to Tony Romos restaurant which is attached to the hotel. That worked out great - since after our 6 hour bus tour we were exhausted and what a joy to just walk downstairs, eat and walk back upstairs to our room, they pinpointed places to go, not to go, etc.

I had the best experience. The room was clean, everything worked properly. Comfortable beds.

I would highly recommend and would stay again and again.

1 downside, and very minor - the pool area is small and got crowded very quickly. Not sure how it is all the time, but it was a little busy during my stay. But that does not bring my review and rating down. This hotel was great - and the staff made my birthday one to remember.

Thanks!!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank traveldani
Thank you for the great review of our hotel. I am glad that we were able to help make your birthday special. From all of us here at the hotel, we thank you for your business and hope to see you again soon.

Radisson Hotel and Suites
Fallsview
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 12 March 2012

Fantastic! Rooms and view (we had a falls view room) are wonderful, front desk staff are outstanding (so friendly and helpful), pool was warm and not overly chlorinated like some pools. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank amberlouisem
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am pleased to see that like so many others you enjoyed your stay with us. We do appreciate your business and do hope should you be in the area again you stay with us again.

Washington DC
Reviewed 9 March 2012

This was a great hotel. Located a little further down the road than some of the larger hotels, the Radisson was a little more quiet and a little more of a walk to the falls in the winter. The rooms were comfortable and sunny. We spent a little extra and reserved a room with a king-sized bed with a view of the falls and a whirlpool tub. It was worth the money. The view was very nice. The bathroom was very large and the tub was great. The sleep number beds were ok, a little bit like being on an air mattress, I did not sleep the best, but that is a personal preference. We ate dinner and one breakfast at the resturant attaced to the hotel, breakfast was good and well priced for the area. I have stated at other hotels in the area and this one was great. The thing that made it the best was that we did not have to pay for parking, which saved us at least $20/day. We were able to find a spot in the lot right away as we arrived very early.

Room Tip: Spend the extra money and get the falls view room. Might as well see the falls as much as possible w...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank atravelerr
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Enjoyable experience. Self-parking had a very limited lot, but the hotel honored self-parking price when we stepped out and the lot was later full, which meant we had no choice but to use valet. Staff were friendly and helpful, check in was a little slow. The location was a bit out of the way for Clifton Hill entertainment, in terms of a winter walk but likely a manageable walk in summer. The hotel was close to the falls, other restaurants and the casino. Walls we thin in terms of talking in the hallway but we didn't have much of an issue with that. The bed and pillows were soft and comfortable. Bathrooms extremely clean. We'll likely stay again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Shelley070, General Manager at Radisson Hotel & Suites Fallsview, responded to this review, 5 March 2012
I am pleased to see that you did enjoy your stay with us. Our staff take great pride in the service they provide to our customers and I will certainly pass along your comments to them as I know they will appreciate hearing them. On behalf of all of us here thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent visit to Niagara Falls. We do hope that should you be in the area again you choose to stay with us again.

Canada
Reviewed 19 February 2012

You can't beat the location. So much to see and do right around the hotel! Very friendly service. Incredibly helpful and polite! Had a bit of trouble finding the right elevators, but that's probably our stupidity! Rooms were spacious and clean, and able to control the temp. which is a plus! Beds were comfy and lots of space in the bathroom. Overall, great value! Will stay again!

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank dancing_queen87
I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. On behalf of everyone here at the hotel we do wish to thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent visit to Niagara Falls. Should you be in the area again I do hope you choose to stay with us again.