My husband and I stayed in a junior suite at The Marriott Courtyard on Saturday, February 18, 2012. Check-in was fairly swift even with quite a line-up of people. The reception area of the hotel looked like it had been recently updated. I believe that they were trying to go with a “feng shui” style of decor. Lots of earth tones and some exotic greenery placement. It truly doesn’t have a cosy feeling upon entry, but at least it appears more modern than many hotels.
Reception staff were friendly and courteous. Since we had booked a romance package, we were given a complimentary bottle of Niagara Riesling wine and a few packages of truffles. Also included in the package was a $40 Keg restaurant certificate OR a $35 TGIF restaurant certificate and a buffet breakfast for 2 (located at The Keg). This package was a good value considering that the generous gift certificates and the fact that the hotel is located in an excellent location that’s convenient to just about everything.
Our room included a fireplace, Jacuzzi and small fridge. It was very spacious, clean and quiet. The bathroom was not large, but had a good sized shower and was spotless. The bed was extremely comfortable with fresh linens. We were impressed with this accommodation as we have likely stayed at every major hotel in Niagara Falls, Canada.
The pool and hot-tub were fairly large. We soaked in the hot-tub and had a nice conversation with other guests. Since there were many people using the pool, it appeared to require some more regular cleaning. I did not use it at all during our stay due to that.
The Keg restaurant is actually located at the base of this hotel. A very convenient location as you can simply walk down (minus a coat and boots!) from your hotel room. Unfortunately, this Keg does not take reservations. Since it was Saturday, the restaurant was extremely busy. Each time we went, there was over a 1 hour wait. Since it was my birthday, we really had our hearts set on The Keg, but couldn’t wait any longer and ended up going to TGIF restaurant which is only a short walk away. TGIF doesn’t exactly have the ambience or quality food selection like The Keg. The food and service was mediocre, nothing special, but did the trick.
I would definitely recommend this hotel as it seems like you can trust a Marriott property for quality and a higher level of service. Over-all we were very pleased with our stay and would consider returning.
Upon check-out we did over hear a disgruntled hotel guest complaining about a $10 parking charge. This is clearly indicated on the website and is really quite affordable due to this hotel’s convenient location.
If you have any questions, feel free to send me a message.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover a refreshing travel experience at the newly renovated Courtyard by Marriott in Niagara Falls. We are just minutes away from Niagara Falls and centrally located in the heart of the entertainment district. Every stay will be a new adventure. There is so much to do, and out of all the Niagara Falls hotels, the Courtyard is in the "centre of it all." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity.ca, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Niagara Falls reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Niagara Falls Hotel Niagara Falls
- Courtyard Niagara Falls
- Marriott Niagara Falls
- Niagara Falls Courtyard
- Niagara Falls Marriott
- Courtyard By Marriott Niagara Falls Ontario