“Did the Biz for us”

Oakes Hotel Overlooking the Falls
Ranked #36 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed 26 February 2012

As this hotel was generally fantastic in terms of value and quality, I will get the one downside out of the way first. The ability to get food at the hotel is very restrictive and reliant on the adjacent Applebies, which during our stay was closed by 9.

Aside from that we couldn`t ask for more. I only booked a falls side view (for only £53) but when we walked in it was clearly a full on fallsview ooking directly over the Horseshoe Falls - outstanding! The place is nearly new and feels it. Good beds, nice decor and clean.

Locationwise, you are 5 mins from the Casino, 10 mins to the Horseshoe Falls and about 20 mins walk from Clifton Hill.

For this price you can`t beat it. Sheraton/Hilton standards at Travelodge cost.

Room Tip: If its low season, book a cheaper room, chances are a free upgrade will occur.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank beauxl2002
There are newer reviews for Oakes Hotel Overlooking the Falls

Reviewed 25 February 2012

We stayed at the Oakes on Feb, 23, 24 2012 . The room was located at 9 floor and had a great falls view. The personal was friendly, but not enough accurate with preparing my bill, they corrected it two times. The swimming pool very small. The lobby was durty.

Room Tip: Starting from floor 5 and up will be great view on falls, if you take falls side
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 February 2012

Rooms are eh. Service is ok but if you want a fallsview room at a more economical rate then stay here.

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed 25 February 2012

We stayed at the Oakes on three separate occassions within three months. The rooms a little dated but clean and comfortable. The package included Breakfast at Applebees and dinner at Remingtons. We also got $100 slot voucher at Seneca Casino. The view was amazing. We would definitely book to go to the Oakes again.
Very friendly staff. Highly recommend this hotel if you are not looking for a 5 star hotel

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank r b
Reviewed 24 February 2012

I really enjoyed staying at The Oakes Hotel! The hotel was beautiful, and our room was spectacular! The room we had was the king suite with a jacuzzi and it was everything I had hoped for. We booked the "romance package" which included a rose, chocolates and wine in our room, and breakfast at Applebees both mornings and dinner at Remmington's one night. The bed in the room was SO COMFORTABLE! And the jacuzzi tub was amazing. And to top it all off, the view was stunning! Such a perfect, romantic weekend!

Breakfast at Applebee's both mornings was a great deal. And Remmington's is THE BEST restaurant I have been to in Niagara Falls. The hotel is not located near Remmington's so there is a convenient shuttle that takes you there (saves on gas and parking fees!) ... what a great idea. And since Remmington's is located so close to Clifton Hill and Casino Niagara, if you want a lift to the other area of Niagara, the shuttle will take you there. For example, we went to Yuk Yuk's one night at Casino Niagara and we just took the shuttle to Remmington's and then just walked across the road. Although, the shuttle only runs during dinner hours (which makes sense), but it worked out really well for us!

Going back to Niagara, there's no question, I would 100% book with The Oakes again. These deals are too good to pass up! And with such an amazing hotel and room, there's literally no consideration for anything else.

I would strongly recommend The Oakes. My stay was fantastic. Thank you!

Room Tip: All rooms face the falls! What's better than that?! We were on the 8th floor... and had a fabulo...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kate B
Reviewed 22 February 2012

My husband and I decided on the spur of the moment to go for a Niagara Falls getaway. We had been to the Falls many times but had not yet stayed at the Oakes.

We booked a Fallsview room with 2 Queen beds off of Priceline. $169 plus tax for the room plus $15 parking fee.

Walking into the hotel lobby I could tell right away that this hotel is dated. Old 80s style big TV and decorative waterfalls that looked like they had not worked in years. Tiki style lamps on the front desk, I could not figure out the decorating scheme. The room was not yet ready. We were ok with that as it was Family Day long weekend and the whole town was busy. We were checked in and were given a card key to access onsite parking. The onsite parking is at the rear of the hotel. The back of the hotel where you drive into the lot was very run down and dirty. We had to serve to avoid the empty beer and Crown Royal bottles.

We came back to the hotel around 6:00 and the room was ready. We were on the 20th floor overlooking the falls. The room was very basic. It was clean but very dated but...........the view was amazing!!! With taxes the room was a little over $200 for the night. You are paying for the view because the room certainly would not come close to this value.

After doing the regular tourist things and having dinner we decided to come back to the room with a bottle of wine and just enjoy the Fallsview.......we got some awesome pictures of the Falls lite up at night but unfortunately it did not last. The lights on the Falls turn off at 10:00. Oh well at least I got some pictures.

Would I return.....maybe but I think that I would try somewhere else first. Not a bad place but I feel that it is in need of major renovations.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank nannger
Reviewed 21 February 2012

I've stayed in Niagara Falls before but this is the first time I've left feeling like I got a good deal. We grabbed a Travelzoo combo pack for $89 which gave us a Fallsview room, $50 slots voucher at Seneca Casino and breakfast for 2 at the onsite Applebee's. Our room was 9th floor and as promised, delivered an amazing view of the Horseshoe Falls. The room itself was a little dated but considering the deal, wasn't bad at all.
Pros:
- clean, comfy rooms
- great view, location
- good overall value (with added promos)

Cons:
- slightly dated decor
- $15 parking fee

Overall, I'd recommend this for anyone looking for a deal who doesn't expect 5-star accommodations. I'd go back.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank tex919