Arkona Motel
US$99
  • Breakfast included
US$73
  • Pool
Radisson Hotel & Suites Fallsview(Niagara Falls)(Great Value!)
US$77
US$136
US$116
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Cairn Croft Hotel(Niagara Falls)(Great Value!)
US$101
US$78
Agoda.com
US$124
US$108
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Great Wolf Lodge(Niagara Falls)
US$273
US$263
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 January 2012

This is our second time here, the first being rather pleasant, with all of our needs met at a good price compared to other hotels, around $150 compared to $200+... The bed was perfect the first time, without the dreadful strand of hair! The second visit yielded no hair in the bed, but rather lots of stains in the sheets and pillows (which looked like what was bloodstains), a very unwelcoming start to our second new year's eve here.

The staff we find no problems with, throughout our visit they were very courteous and accommodating.

On our most recent visit, we were met with a dirty fridge, a broken showerhead, very low supplies (no shampoo, only 2 towels, no hand towel but instead a smaller face towel), the heater was also broken, even when they put a space heater to replace the broken radiant wall heaters, the heat that came off was not sufficient. There was only one night table, holes in the sheets (non-smoking room) and not very important I suppose, but the TV had no hookup ports for our DVDs, and the duvet was very thin and cheap.. so we were cold during the night.

I would recommend paying a little more elsewhere; you get what you pay for!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Winnerchickendinner
Reviewed 20 September 2011

We were in town for a baseball tournament so one of the guys on the team booked the rooms for us. They decided to stay here because it was cheap and would rather spend money on other things since we were only going to be in the rooms to sleep. Upon arrival the place looked really sketchy, the locals were all over the ground floor, fighting, yelling, cars coming and going every ten minutes. I was very hesitant about leaving my brand new truck in the parking lot over night.

After coming back from the bars and getting some rest i was woken up to something crawling on my arms and after i grabbed my phone to shine it on the bed i noticed about a dozen bed bugs and blood smears all over the sheets. i put as many as i could in a plastic cup i found in the room and went down to the front desk to show them what i found.

I asked for my money back since i paid for two nights and told them that we would not be staying here again, The "wife said that this hasn't happened to them at all this year and that she was sorry, the "husband" didn't look suprised at all and when i took him to the room to show him, he said he didn't see anything, even after i showed up with a cup full of the bugs. He checked the other rooms as well and said he didn't see anything even though there was signs of them in all our rooms.

They only refunded me for one night, and after i asked why i didn't get a full refund i was ganged up on saying that i used the room and therefore was not entitled to it. After i left the desk i proceeded to tell everyone that was on their balconies that this place had bed bugs, and once the wife seen me doing this she brought me back in her office and gave me a full refund.

Never again would i stay here, you definatlely get what you pay for and this place needs to be burned to the ground.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank Ginosuave33
Reviewed 4 September 2011

We were road tripping with another couple and left the lodging option up to them. We normally would stay at reputable chain hotel.

This motel has seen better days. The floor was dirty and dingy, the room smelled of smoke. Since we were only going to be there for 2 nights, my wife and I decided we would put up with this.

After returning home, my wife notices red bumps and rashes on her arms face and foot. Our baby also has bite marks on her arm. The reason why they have it and not me is that we had a double bed. The bed where my wife and baby slept must have been infested for them to have been bitten.

As my buddy and I joked, Lundy Lane should really be renamed, to the Shattered Dream and Broken Promises Lane. Most of the motel on this stretch of the freeway have seen better days. I for one will not return back to this motel, even if it was free.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Bob M
Reviewed 31 August 2011

We read all the reviews on here and was expecting the worse, but had a very pleasant experience. My boyfriend and I got a king size room for $29 and it had air conditioning, was very clean, towels laid out with complimentary soap/shampoo, had a fridge and microwave as well. The lady at the front desk was very friendly and helpful. Don't be expecting a huge breakfast you will be given the option of cereal, toast, cut up fruit, cookies and and coffee. The pool looked great and clean even though we didn't use it other guests seemed to be enjoying themselves. Overall pretty good experience and these reviews tried to freak us out.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 August 2011

The lady behind the desk was nice.
The room itself was clean and neat. It was an old room with some modern fix ups.
The room had a window over the sink which had a nice breeze. The screen was ripped on one side though.
We had to climb on a chair in order to get to the air conditioner to adjust. It was over the small refrigerator and microwave.
The bathroom was small. The door was falling apart. The shower had great pressure. It was clean and no mold was noticed.
All in all, we stayed there 2 nights and it was better than expected.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends