US$220
US$273
US$204
CrownePlaza.com
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus Cairn Croft Hotel(Niagara Falls)(Great Value!)
US$209
US$191
  • Pool
Radisson Hotel & Suites Fallsview(Niagara Falls)(Great Value!)
US$229
  • Pool
Great Wolf Lodge(Niagara Falls)
US$453
US$154
US$363
Otel.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsexecutive apartmentliving room dining areaprivate balconywasher and dryerown bathroomsmall kitchenettecozy roomhome away from homefull kitchenenjoyed our staybreakfast was deliciousyogurtgracious hostsevery morningniagara parkwaya king size beda wonderful stay
Reviewed September 4, 2012

My partner and I booked ourselves into the 2nd floor apartment adjacent to the main house. The apartment was spacious, clean and decorated beautifully with comfortable furniture and beautiful antique pieces. The space was so quiet and comfortable - we were made to feel like it was ours. The bed was particularly comfortable. It was so nice to be away from the madness that is Clifton Hill and frankly, the beautiful walk did us both good. Kathy, the B & B manager, was so helpful in planning our day-trips. She was very knowledgeable about the region, made great suggestions and gave terrific directions. She was also very forthcoming with information about life in Canada and life in the border region. Truly facinating to us as we LOVE Canada. We looked forward to spending time with our hosts each morning over breakfast (which was yummy and such a convenience) and coffee. We plan to return to Niagara in the winter to enjoy the Falls in a different season and we look forward to retreating to "our apratment" at the Ellis House.

Room Tip: Ask for the 2nd floor apartment NEXT to the main house. A terrific value!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jgancar
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I read some mixed reviews about this place on the Tripadvisor site after having made a reservation. Had I read them prior, I probably would have made a reservation elsewhere. That would have been a mistake. I don't know what some of these other folks expected, but the Ellis House is a quiet, clean and slightly funky little B&B operated by a friendly and lively little innkeeper named Kathy. It's just enough off the beaten path to be away from the zoo that is the center of Niagara, but only a block from the river. I easily walked to the falls in about a half an hour; Clifton Hill is closer. My wife and I stayed in the Ansel Adams room, and although it isn't furnished the way I would do it, I don't choose to stay at B&Bs to find them decorated like my house, or like some over-paid decor executive from Marriott or Hilton would have it. Like I said, the place is a little funky, eclectic might be a better word. Breakfast was made fresh and accompanied by fresh cantaloupe and watermelon, and good coffee. I wouldn't bother with the pastries served on the credenza, however. I wrote in Kathy's guest book that we'd be back. That's a promise, Kathy, we'll be back.

Room Tip: The Ansel Adams room is on the second floor, street side and has a nice little sitting porch.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Larry D
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Although the room was smaller and more cluttered than I expected, it was clean and the bathroom had clearly been scrubbed. We enjoyed our stay in this clean, quiet B&B which was a great alternative to staying at a hotel in town.

Usually B&Bs are known for their great breakfasts -- not this one. Canned fruit, days old bread, and bad coffee.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kathy D
Reviewed August 3, 2012

This is more a review of the service. I just called to inquire about a one-night stay for tomorrow (Saturday). Before I could finish what would have been an 8-second query, the woman who answered the phone said, "No, we don't have anything, nobody does -- sorrrrrry" and then hung up. Here's a tip to the the folks at Ellis: just because you're booked up and therefore can't make any money from me, have the courtesy to say "thanks for calling" or at least "goodbye" before hanging up. It's simple customer service 101.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Steven S
Reviewed July 24, 2012

I was not impressed. The place was clean, but we did not receive the to-be expected warm BnB hospitality. The host wasn't overly accommodating with food restrictions. I overheard the host say to another young guest "you have to leave some for the rest of the guests" (and she wasn’t joking), when the young man tried to grab another small muffin. The breakfast was mediocre at best (i.e., pancakes and fruit salad from a can). I would have gladly paid a more at another BnB with better service.

Oh and don't worry if you forget the rules of the house. They are come in a staggering long booklet and plastered all over the room and bathroom. So inviting!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple