10,409 results
All reviewspretzelsthe manager's receptionkeg restaurantvalet parkinggreat viewpresidential suitetgi fridaysper nightfree breakfastvalet serviceomelet stationshuttle busan upgradeincline railwaybusy hoteltour deskwhirlpool tub
Reviewed April 10, 2012

Stayed in room 2304- Great view of both falls. When checking in a 3:30 on a Friday there was staff at almost every counter helping guests. There was a line up for maybe 5minutes. Valet was friendly and informative. Halls and elevators were clean and functioning. Room had an inviting linen smell. Room provided 4 glass glasses, two take out cups(with heat protecting cardboard sleeves), coffee maker with coffees/teas and all appropriate fixings, standard toiletries, LARGE towels, phone book, menus from restaurants in the area, 5 star cleanliness. I MOST enjoyed that when I turned on the Jacuzzi there was a bleach smell- as though it had JUST been cleaned for my arrival. Breakfast sucked though. =( I really felt like the staff valued my presence as a guest, the 12pm check-out time tells me I'm not being rushed to wake-up and leave. I can sleep in and have breakfast, shower and then leave with a smile on my face... And I did!

Room Tip: Go Big or Go Home!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 9, 2012

Very busy hotel. Thus this may be the reason for the relative indifference at front desk. Good view of the falls from fallsview rooms. The Keg service is good. Our server I believe was Amy was very kind and attentive. Made my son's birthday special. The 'managers' reception in the evening is really of little value, expecially when you compare with other Hilton outlets such as Homewood Suites. The breakfast is good value at the Keg location. Nice view of the falls from the Keg on the 9th Floor.

Followed other previous reviewers advise and parked at the nearby Casino paking for $5.00. Good bus shuttle service from the Hotel to downtown Niagara Falls, Canada.

Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Aubowan
Reviewed April 9, 2012

Average would describe this hotel. It's very touristy - i.e. the lobby is like a bad las vegas look alike. The rooms are ok with great views but not up to date i.e. no modern TVs or WiFi. It was very busy when we stayed here - you had to line up for breakfast - which was average to say the least compared with many other hotels I have stayed with in north america. You will also get charged extra for everything. Room upgrades are probably worth it but not much else.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed April 8, 2012

Good room sizes. Excellent view !
Elevators and breakfast very slow- Overall poor flow and long waiting.
Parking: expensive and poor service. You wait for ever !!!!!

Room Tip: Good room size for families 5 and larger. Poor parking, slow elevators and breakfast
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Maria T
Reviewed April 8, 2012

This is one of the most difficult reviews I have ever had to write. Normally after staying at a hotel, I immediately know the rating I'm going to give it and my overall impression of my stay; whether positive or negative. In the case of our family stay at the Embassy from March 12-15 (which in Canada is referred to as March Break for school aged children), there seemed to be as many positives as negatives at the Embassy which made my overall impression quite mixed.

I also have to temper my review knowing that it was an extremely busy week for the hotel staff and my first experience travelling during March Break.

All that being said, let me start by saying that the package deal we got was very good. It included $20 gift vouchers to the Keg and TGIF, the two restaurants attached to the hotel. Tickets and transportation to a nearby magic show (which was the highlight of our trip), along with a $100 Dave and Busters Voucher, and complimentary buffet breakfast were also included in the price.

When we arrived it was quite busy at the entrance with the valet staff doing their best to park all the vehicles coming in. We were warmly greeted by a valet who explained the valet parking: a choice of $20 or $30 per day depending on which option. The first was having the car parked off site and having to shuttle to get it; or for an extra $10 the car would be onsite and available anytime for the valet to retrieve for you... We chose the latter.

We then used a bellhop to help with our luggage. He was super friendly and waited patiently with our bags while we checked in. There was ample staff handling all the incoming guests trying to check in so the line-up went quickly. We had a slight problem at check in as we were staying with our friends and wanted a room adjoining them or at least on the same floor and requested that when we booked. Unfortunately, even though we made the request at time of booking, the front desk could not accommodate us unless we both upgraded our rooms which would have cost us an extra $50 a night. This is because the rooms are given out on a first come first serve basis regardless of what you request at time of booking. That was quite frustrating and was very disappointing. We declined and took the room we originally booked but we were several floors away from our friends.

The bellhop escorted us to our room and placed our luggage where we asked. He was giving us helpful advice about the hotel all the while and answering all our questions. We tipped him well and thanked him.

The room itself was clean and spacious but unfortunately reeked of smoke. We should have changed rooms immediately, but because we had an early dinner reservation and wasted so much time at the front desk we did not have time. We found out later that we were on a smoking floor! We could not believe that they still had smoking in this hotel. If we had known this we probably would not have stayed at this hotel so we tried to make the best of it. We called the front desk to complain of the odour and they brought up an air ionizer for the room and the cleaning staff used a spray for the smell. Neither made much difference. If we had to do it over again, we would have asked to change rooms. It’s just a pain when you have two kids and a lot of stuff to move to a different room. It’s the hotel’s fault in my opinion for not telling us about the smoking floor.

The Embassy claims that all rooms have a view of the Falls. This is somewhat misleading as our room only had a partial view if we looked to the left outside our window. Directly in front of our window was another building which was the most prominent view outside our window.

We had dinner at TGIF the first night. The food was good, but the prices were even more than I expected for a tourist area hotel. $18 for fish and chips, just to give you an example. I had the ‘jack daniel’s’ burger which I’ve had before and it was delish! The kids enjoyed their meal as well.

Breakfast buffet was very busy the first two mornings but even busier on the third and final morning on Thursday. Massive lineup that did seem to move pretty fast. The buffet itself was the same every morning with the usual scrambled eggs, bacon, French toast sticks, pancakes, assorted breads and muffins, and a very busy made to order omelet station. I never braved the omelet line- up (there were three) but our friends did and they said the omelet was good. The buffet definitely could use more variety and the staff needs to keep it replenished more often. The food was often cold or items had run out. The buffet was included in the price so it’s hard to complain.

We had dinner at the Keg the second night which is also located in the hotel. I’ve only been to the Keg (it’s an upscale steak house chain here in Canada) once before and had a bad steak but was willing to give it another try. We waited an interminably long time to get our steaks and once mine arrived it was not done right. I ordered it medium-well but it came charred on the outside and pink on the inside. I asked the server to take it back, which she did without hesitation and a sincere apology. Ten minutes later another steak came and it was not much better than the first. I again compained to the server and she profusely apologized and just took the steak away and left the side dishes. I was quite hungry by this point and getting full just eating the potatoes and veggies which were very good. This time the manager himself came with the steak, cooked perfectly, and offered his sincerest apology and extended his business card and the general managers’ card and said I could call either one if I wished to complain further. I thanked him and ate the steak. It was very good, but by then I was pretty much full from eating bits of the other two steaks and parts of two potatoes! My wife’s steak was amazing and cooked to perfection and our friends and all the kids had no complaints of their food. Clearly then I have mixed opinions of this experience. One thing is certain, I will not return to the Keg.

The pool was a big attraction for the kids. It was 3 feet deep the entire length of the pool. Perfect for kids. It also featured two good sized hot tubs. Unfortunately the shower only had cold water so most people did not wash before going in. The water was quite dirty and one time my son and I were in a hurry and did not bother to shower after a long swim. Several days later when I returned home I developed a strange rash on my legs and arms. I went to see a doctor and the first question she asked while examining me was “had I been swimming in a pool lately?” I told her I had and she said I had a viral infection that caused the rash but that it would be gone in a week (which it was) and that it was most likely the result of the pool at Embassy.

As my title suggests, the staff at the Embassy is excellent. From the valet, bellhops, check in staff, housekeeping staff, et all, everyone was very friendly and helpful. Despite the busy season, the staff always took the time to answer your questions and fulfill your requests; all with a smile on their face. They clearly enjoyed their jobs.

The guests on the other hand, seemed for the most part rude and impatient. I am not going to judge people based on their nationality or race. However, it seemed that certain members of our vast immigrant population here in Canada, may not be aware of the social norms here in North America when it comes to proper behaviour in social circumstances like a hotel setting. Budding in line, leaving pool towels on tables even when they’re not in use, loud noises in the hall, etc. are quite annoying and there is little one can do as a guest.

My overall impression of the hotel is that it is a decent hotel with a great staff, in a popular tourist destination that has very few great hotels. It’s not the best hotel I’ve stayed at in Niagara but it’s certainly not the worst. I think you need to interpret my review the best that you can. Take away from it the positives and negatives along with other reviews and decide for yourself whether this is a place that will suit you and /or your family’s needs.

Room Tip: Insist on a non-smoking floor if you don't enjoy the smell of cigarette smoke!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family