Chalet Inn & Suites Near the Falls
US$119
US$112
Sheraton.com
  • Pool
Radisson Hotel & Suites Fallsview(Niagara Falls)(Great Value!)
US$92
US$109
CrownePlaza.com
  • Restaurant
US$66
US$48
  • Pool
Great Wolf Lodge(Niagara Falls)
US$273
US$264
Best Western Plus Cairn Croft Hotel(Niagara Falls)(Great Value!)
US$78
US$139
US$116
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
All reviewsclifton hillindoor poolwalking distanceheart shaped tubfree parkingstaying at this hoteltourist areaattractionsniagarafallsmicrowaveratescoupon
Reviewed November 22, 2011

I had phoned in advance to see if I could reserve a room. I had a voucher which would cover a portion of the regular room rate and that is the only reason why we booked at an America's Best Value Inn..We had previously stayed at the one on Lundy's Lane - service I tell you honestly was much better there than at this 'Chalet Inn' one.

When we got to this location on Ellen Avenue, the manager (Lorenzo) was sitting on the couch just observing outdoors and we drove past it and parked next door. I hopped in to check in and pay and he said 'pull up to this parking lot'. Basically we got charged an extra $20 for 2 additional people - no big deal, but his attitude telling me was not professional nor friendly at all. I asked do we pay now or after and he blurted, we'll sort everything out now. If you do not book through Expedia or Hotels.com or other websites, apparently they will charge an additional 3% of the room rate - this wasn't disclosed until I did the math and asked what's the tax you're multiplying by because I was calculating a different amount. That is when he disclosed there is some 3% additional rate - once again I didn't want to inquire further because he was being very rude and snooty. As he took my payment, I asked I read on the site there's free breakfast, where do we go tomorrow morning? He pointed it's behind you.. so in the same tiny office check-in there were very limited and days old muffin + danishes as well as some coffee pot which has been brewing for hours/days.

The service at the front was horrible - he was invisible after midnight and if you want an extra towel even paying an additional charge per person in the room, good luck, you can wait until the following day when he decides to wake up.

Stay was awful overall, would never stay there again. The motel needs serious renovations and much better service and advertisement. Their rates are certainly not competitive for the far distance to the Clifton Hills and the Falls. This room and service has by far been the worse I've been to in Niagara Falls - please do not book here if you want to enjoy your Niagara experience.

I felt relieved to pay upfront since we didn't book online through another website because he certainly seemed like he would nickel and dime you for everything including late check-out. The rooms were dingy and old and run-down - not an ideal place you'd wanna stay for $79+/night. Honestly, the hotel Days Inn diagonal and closer to attractions goes for rates less than $60/night and they are much more reputable and cleaner! There are no hair dryers so bring your own or you can stay up until your hair drys. Parking was surprisingly free. Rooms were ice cold once you step in, make sure to turn on the heater and let it run for a few hours. There's NO ice, NO fridge and NO microwave as well. We stayed in a regular room with 2 double beds on the 1st floor.

Room Tip: Inquire for a room with a microwave or fridge.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
chaletinn, Manager at Chalet Inn & Suites Near the Falls, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2011

I am sorry if you did not enjoy your stay with us. When you checked in, you registered for only two persons, however you actually had four, so you were charged for the extra people that you had not included in your reservation. The 3% tax is a development and marketing fee that hotels, restaurants, and attractions charge. This is not being "nickel-and-dimed". I am sorry if you felt you were treated rudely, as that is not our intention. As for breakfast, we do have a designated breakfast room, but in the off-season it is much easier and more practical to hold the continental breakfast in the office (our continental breakfast being coffee, tea, juice, muffins, and pastry). Our coffee is a gourmet Colombian blend, made from syrup that is kept refrigerator in the machine, so that it is always fresh; it is never pre-brewed. In the off-season it is simply not practical or feasible to have the office open 24 hours a day, but it is open from 7 a.m. to 1 a.m., and someone is available by phone at all times. Had you called and asked the front desk for extra towels they would have been provided, and there is no additional charge for this. We take very good care of our property, and it does not need any major or serious renovations. Both AAA/CAA and our hotel chain (Americas Best Value Inn) do yearly inspections, and we consistently get high marks across the board. We are only a two minute walk to Clifton Hill or Casino Niagara, and a ten to fifteen minute walk to the Falls themselves, which is extremely close. Unfortunately, not all of our rooms currently have refrigerators, microwaves, and hairdryers. Hairdryers are available in the office, and fridges and microwaves can be requested in advance, but guests staying three nights or more have priority, and remaining ones are available first-come, first-serve. Each of our two buildings has an ice machine, and there is always plenty of ice available.

Reviewed November 17, 2011

Extremely Helpful! Above and beyond our expectations! Room was very clean and cozy! Loved our stay!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Erin K
Reviewed November 3, 2011

Amazing place to host a gathering! Went there with a bunch of friends for Hallowe'en. It was a quiet location, but a very short walking distance to get to the main attractions of Niagara Falls!!! The staff are all very friendly and gave us everything we needed for the stay, including a fridge and microwave, as well as extra towels. Plenty of free parking with free WiFi. This is the only place I stay in Niagara!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank tara M
Reviewed October 31, 2011

A group of us went to Niagara Falls for a weekend away. We needed 4 rooms and the management was great and made sure that pur rooms were all near each other. The rooms were very clean and they also had a balcony. I found that the whole hotel was clean and quiet! It was a great price for the room and thanks to its location it made for a great place to stay for the weeend.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank H P
Reviewed October 30, 2011

We booked the big two room suite last spring. The 5 boys had a palatial room w 3 beds and a tv, while I had my own room. Fantastic. Clean, quiet and reasonable. Pool is very nice too. The owners surely care for their hotel.

Room Tip: Largest suite on top of tower
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family