3,611 results
All reviews double tree warm cookies aveda spa clifton hill nice hotel beautiful lobby skylon tower great view river view within walking distance hot tub other hotels hotel restaurant nice pool room suite breakfast buffet upon check
Reviewed July 8, 2012

I stayed here for my 2nd time at the DoubleTree Fallsview Resort & Spa by Hilton. Saw so many regular staff members it's like meeting friends again. One woman knew me from last year and even knew my first name. Even though the hotel room wasn't ready they asked me if I wanted a higher floor and I said yes I really do want a higher floor as that is what I requested before. So off I went with my friend and I and he really enjoyed the room alot and the view was breath taking. He also enjoyed the cookie and said it was the best he ever had.

On my 2nd day there I went straight to the pool area that was quite busy but made it to the whirlpool and had a great time there and went outside to the whirlpool there and it was very hot so i just hung my legs over the edge. But overall my friend really enjoyed the whole pool experience.

We tried to use the wifi connection but parts of the room were fast while others were slow and I even did many speed tests and they all came back as either fast or not. But once you plugged the cable in it went fast around 10mbps download and at least 5mbps upload and that is crazy speeds for a hotel. So if you go use their wired cable or bring your own if its long enough I could swear I saw a plug for the internet as it didn't look like it was stuck inside the wall.

The breakfast buffet was good with the usual stuff but the person who made the omellete didn't do a good job and only ate 1 tiny piece of it as I was scared if I ate the whole thing I may get sick. But they kicked us out exactly 30 mins and I asked why we were getting kicked out if it was just me, my friend and 2 other sets of people and all she said was for us to go. That was probably the very bad experience about it all.

If you're a single guy then be on the look out for other single women as I met alot of women and chatted with them and got numbers that is another plus about staying at this hotel.

I also was shocked I couldn't hear anyone near us as I saw 2 women in one room and 1 guy in another room who were walking in or out of their hotel room and not once did I hear them.

Their TV's are LCD's but really low end lcds cause it seems to me they're connected to a server and some sorta internet type of tvs as it was saying low signal or no signal and then you would sometimes see a 1%, 10% and so on loading type of screen on a certain time I was there. I was told by someone at front desk their tvs are all connected to one main server and maybe the server was getting overloaded and needed to update itself. Oh and the sound is terrible as its all on mono sound and you cannot change that.

So the room when we walked in was very clean and you can still smell the cleaning products used which was great as it showed me how hard the housekeeping staff does their job. But one thing I didn't like on how our fridge was making our drinks all turn into ice. We called downstairs and was told there is a knob in the back and to turn it to the half way mark or passed it and we did and it worked for a while but then got ice cold again. We did a test and left a popsicle in their and guess what? The popsicle actually still stayed ice cold and even stuck to the shelf.

I didn't use their fitness room cause even though i'm an adult I don't like how you have to ask them to add the fitness room to your room key. But i did my laundry which was for the laundry soap was $1 and to wash and dry $1.75 each.

I see they have 2 computers in a room which was great to use as I was checking my email and facebook since i didn't want to bother with wifi in the room. The microwave was very diry in the basement where the vending machines are. Once again I spoke to someone about it and they didn't care to clean it.

The ice machine on the floor I was on was very hot which was good cause if you drop ice which alot of people have done it will melt away so fast. The ice machine worked all the time I needed ice not like some other hotel I was at where the ice machine never worked at all.

Well that's my whole review. I didn't do alot in Niagara falls as I've done it all but did enjoy going to the casino and eating their dinner buffet and walking around and checking the bus system out which btw is still a bit confusing but thanks to a woman who used to live in Toronto for helping me out with what bus I should get on and when I should ring to stop.

But over all I shall come back one day as I checked out other hotels and they have nothing in competition with DoubleTree Fallsview Resort & Spa by Hilton.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed July 8, 2012

We stayed here for a quick visit to the falls. Our room was on the 14th floor and we had a partial view of the American falls. Wished we were higher. That said, the room was fantastic! Very spacious and comfortable. I usually don't sleep well in hotels, but the bed was so comfy, I slept like a rock! The kids enjoyed the pool and it was an easy walk downhill to the falls. Can't wait to return to this hotel.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed July 7, 2012

The room on the sixteenth floor provided a great view of the falls. The decor of the rooms was lovely. We ate in the restaurant for breakfast and for dinner twice. Portions were very generous and very enjoyable. The wait staff was very hospitable, as were the desk personnel. Our entire stay was a pleasure and we would definitely recommend this to others.

Room Tip: The higher the floor, the better the view.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 7, 2012

I have stay at this hotel in May 2011 and May 2012, for a convention. The staff, hotel, and rooms are the best. Love this hotel. If staying try the breakfast it is really good. I have it every morning that I stay at this hotel. The cook will make you a omelete or waffle will you wait. So many choices after staying at a Double tree near the airport in Toronto I realize how lucky I was to have such a good breakfast at this okay. I will recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: I stay on the third floor because view does not matter to me but my friend stay on the 5th and they had excellant views.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Stayed here for a night in late June. Had fabulous corner suite on the 18th floor with spectacular views of the falls and river. Easy walk down the hill to the sites. Room in general was very clean and tidy. Bed is the usual great Doubletree sleeper. Lobby is great, parking easy (albeit expensive but no more so than anywhere nearby). Furnishings in the room are kinda dated, but it was comfortable and who cares? The view was great. Poor area is pretty nice, too, both inside and out.

Had a problem, though, with the sleeper sofa. We checked it when we opened the bed and (cue ominous music) it was full of black stuff. Clearly sheets had not been changed; we freaked a little that it was bug central. Called housekeeping; they handled the problem nearly instantly. Nervously called management who were FANTASTIC and I mean FANTASTIC. Offered to switch our room instantly. Reassured us there had been no bug problems at the hotel. Dug up the sheets in the laundry and determined it wasn't buggy, but rather chocolate and crumbs from the Doubletree cookies. Apologized profusely, and in the morning we had a lovely letter typed and signed from the overnight manager refunding part of our stay. OUTSTANDING. A++++ for customer service.

WOW, however, did the restaurant suck. Do not, I repeat DO NOT enter except at your own risk. Waiters walked by us. Couples got up and left. Got us drinks, left us sitting there which is just great with two hungry young kids. Finally took our orders, then we waited. And waited. We watched the waitstaff walk back and forth, to and fro, stare at their computers, and we watched more couples leave. We watched somebody like a manager stroll around and look stern, then leave. The food, when it finally arrived, was so, so blah. I had greens clearly from a bag with a very dry overcooked chicken breast, bottled salad dressing, and I think somebody might have waved some cheese in the direction of my salad but the promised feta was not in evidence. For $16? Highway robbery. My husband got the ravioli for about $18. Three. Three ravioli. Not GIANT ravioli, normal ravioli.

Eat elsewhere, but by all means stay here. I'd do it again in a heartbeat, but I would steer very clear of the food.

Room Tip: The 18th floor corner suite 1 bedroom is FABULOUS.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Furcow
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your comments. All feedback is appreciated and used to create higher levels of service for our valued guests. I am so pleased to hear that our Management team responded so quickly to your needs and were able to ease your mind, however I am so sorry to hear your impression of our Dining Room. Upon internal investigation we have identified your order from the servers that were working at the time. According to the time of the initial order and the cheque being closed it appears to have taken approximately 60 minutes, which is actually not uncommon for dinner. I am sure that time would appear even longer with two hungry children. It was never our intention to fail you and it appears we have fallen short of your expectations. I do apologize and would have welcomed the opportunity to correct any concerns at the time. I certainly hope this does not deter you from returning to visit us in the future and give us the opportunity to leave you with a better taste in your mouth. Should you be returning to the area please contact the Manager on Duty directly to enjoy a superior dining experience. I have made a special note on your past stay and we can refer to these notes upon your return. We look forward to welcoming you back.