“Does the job!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #73 of 130 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Does the job!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2010

I've stayed here a couple of times, and on both occasions I was perfectly satisfied with the place. The rooms are big, comfortable and quiet, and pretty much what you'd expect of a standard motel. The location is just perfect - You're right on the main 'strip' in NF, with plenty of restaurants and nightlife nearby. You're also just a ten minute walk from the Falls, and the Rainbow Bridge to the USA. If you want a nice 'homely', no-frills place to stay then I'd recommend it.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2010

We stayed here for one night. We arrived and went to the front desk to check in where we there was a male teenager working. He gave no welcome or anything. We were informed there was $5 charge for parking when website doesn't mention that. Was given key to the room, hauled luggage up the stairs. Got to room and the number on the door was faded and peeling. We entered the room and flicked the light switch only to have no light turn on. There was no ceiling light fixture, only 2 dim, falling apart lamps. Beds and bathroom were clean(no bed bugs, etc). Towels in the bathroom were hand towel size and very rough. Beds were old and saggy, sheets were very rough. TV worked. Their website shows a pool but don't be fooled-it's not open! What a surprise. Over all it was a very cheap room, and not worth the $80 it cost us. Would NOT stay again. Only good thing is the 10 minute walk to the falls

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank travel_cow89

Travellers are raving about these Niagara Falls hotels

New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2009

I had reserved the hotel online after talking to them over the phone and received my reservation confirmation for Aug 8 & 9, 2009. When we reached at the hotel on Aug 8, I was told that my reservation has been cancelled and they sent me an email at 1:15AM on 8th Aug.

Worst expereince I ever had. I have travelled a lot with US and Europe, but I never had any expereince like this. I would be cautious with booking with them ever and would recommend everyone to shy away from them unless you are ready to fork over double or triple the rate when you reach there and have to look for other hotels.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank UnhappyTraveler0001
Carpentersville, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2009

Our stay at the Victoria Motor Inn was from July 24 to July 27th.
Double room (two standard beds)

First I want to stress that this motel is for a budget minded family. You are not going to find fancy rooms, room service or 4/5 star quality. So if that is what you are looking for, then I would recommend not checking into this motel.

However, if you are looking for affordable, clean and convenient housing, then I would highly recommend The Victoria Motor Inn.

Staff was very friendly and helpful when we checked in. The young man at the front desk gave us a map of the area and offered us attraction advice if/when we needed it.

Rooms - The rooms are not overly large but average. They were cleaned daily by housekeeping who did a great job (especially since my teenage daughter seemed to have clothes everywhere. It looked as though her suitcase exploded.) There is a small space to hang clothes and keep a suitcase, but it’s not real big. There are two good sized dresser drawers to put your clothes into. A desk and chair are also in the room and the TV was clear and had many channels. Remote to the TV worked as well. I will say that although there are 2 lamps in the room and a light in the bathroom, the lighting seemed adequate but poor when it came to putting makeup on in the morning.

Bathroom was average size, and the shower pressure was very good. The shower did however have some strange whistle while it was on.

Amenities – No frills motel. There are no coffee pots in the rooms, but you can get coffee down stairs. No phones, no ironing boards and no hair dryers. They did offer small bars of soap and a bottle of shampoo/conditioner all in one.

Community balcony with chairs and tables outside your room which was nice as we travelled with others, so we all met outside of our rooms to talk and have a couple of drinks.

Pool – Very small but so much to do in the area we never even went swimming. It seemed to be empty everyday so most people must not have much time for swimming. if only a couple of people would have went swimming the size would have been fine.

Location – It is in the heart of everything. We walked everywhere we went. The only time we drove our car was to cross into New York for the day. (We could have even walked there but there was a chance of rain and we didn’t want to get caught in it).

Restaurant – There is a small breakfast restaurant in the front. The food was very good. We had their breakfast 2 days and were very satisfied with the taste and the price. The home fries are the best.

The Area – Clifton Hill – Expensive but fun and expected.
Maid of the Mist – A must. I would suggest doing the American side so you can also do the State Park (which is free) and doing Cave of the Winds.
Journey Behind the Falls – We were a little disappointed and wished we had done Cave of the Winds instead.
Niagara’s Fury – We liked it. It doesn’t seem to get the best reviews but we thought it was very good.
Whirlpool Park (Need to drive to this but only a mile or two on the American side) – State Park so it’s free and a nice walk to see the Whirlpools created by the falls.
Nightmares Fear Factory – My daughter thought it was the best haunted house ever.
Casino - I didn't do it but my husband and nephew did. Said the casino was nice but it took all their money. Go figure.
Again, this motel is for the budget minded family. We travel once a year for a family vacation and have done everything from cruises to all inclusive hotels to budget minded motels. I would recommend this motel to friends, family and all others who seek my advice.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank toocansam
Etobicoke
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2008

We weren't expecting much from the room, but to our surprise the room was great! There is a sitting room with a couch, a walk in shower, a queen sized bed and we had a heart shaped jacuzzi that was awesome (the only thing we noticed was that the jacuzzi was a bit small) but there is plenty of room for 2 people. The room was extremely clean and the staff was very courtious! The television worked great...BUT the rooms have no telephones...they have phone books, but no phones! LOL.....Our balcony over looked Victoria Ave. The Inn is right in the heart of everything...We would definately stay there again. We had a great stay!

• Liked — The location and the jacuzzi suite
  • Disliked — no telephones
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2008

I travelled here from Chicago. I checked in during the afternoon and the staff was very curtious. They were very helpful in serving me and my family have an incerdible time. They served breakfast bright and early and it was devine to say the least. The staff was very patient with my kids and they are a handful at times, When we needed directions to a bunch of different local attractions the staff was very knowledgable in assiting me and my family.

I would definately recommend this fine establishment to anyone who is travelling in Niagara Falls. Its location is in the heart and soul of Niagara. I will definately be returning in the near future.

• Stayed July 2008
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2008

Great motel from the time we pulled up until the time we left. Great service, great room with a jacuzzi tub and walk in shower. Couldn't be happier.

• Liked — The location
  • Disliked — no phone
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family