See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I stayed at the A1 for 2 days in August and for the price I knew it wasn't going to be the best but all I needed was a bed and bathroom for the limited amount of time I would be there....and that's all I got....one queen bed, one dresser and an old 19" tube TV in a 15x20 room....the bathroom was old, the floor was dirty, towel's are small, floor had cracks in it, toilet barely flushed. There was a spot in the bedroom floor that I almost fell through! There is no air conditioning controls so it can get very cold in the room, no coffee maker, no ice bucket, and the free wifi they advertise isn't in room, only if you sit outside the office door and if you want a quiet area look somewhere else, there was a nightly kegger out front until 2am....the only positive thing I can say is the price was cheap( I know why now) and the bed was surprisingly comfortable, everything else was very poor.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
7  Thank Mugsy37
Reviewed August 10, 2013

It's was indeed chosen to be close to Niagara falls but out of tourist path in order to be on the spot early the next day. The hotel is in medium condition and amenities still basic such as clealiness. Netherlessless nothing to say for such flat rate even it's next to a bit noisy main road.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank alexdiver
Reviewed March 4, 2013

My friend & I stayed at the "motel" March 2nd & 3rd 2013. Firstly I had asked for extra pillows and towels. We didn't get them! And the towels we did get barely covered hair once washed.

The carpet was so disgusting we had to keep our boots on the entire time we were in the room
The front desk manager was not welcoming at all.

When we arrived, the bed covers were not on the bed, so we had to wait while two teenaged boys went to the room next to our assigned room and removed the covers from the beds to then place them on the beds we were to sleep in.

The walls and the washroom looked like they had been through a war!
They were disgusting and dirty and beat up like someone had thrown large sharp objects at them.

The room did not have a phone.
Internet was in and out.

Overall, we needed a place to stay that was reasonable.
This was reasonable but I think I would pay extra to stay in a place where I did not feel as though I had to throw away everything that I brought into that room.

Not a family friendly place at all!
No coffee in winter months?!?!?!

This place should be condemned!!!

It's disgusting, old, dirty and not worth any money to stay there!

DO NOT STAY HERE!!!! Pay extra so that you can actually take your shoes off.

Room Tip: Don't stay here! I can't see any of the rooms being any different from the next. Filth! Disgusting. Gross!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
8  Thank Joanne476
Reviewed January 7, 2013

This place is absolutely disgusting. Not only was the carpet stained, the sheets were stained, the curtains were falling off the windows, there was hair in the sink and tub, mold around the tub, and the lamp shade duct taped to the lamp, the service was HORRIBLE. We went and complained immediately after checking in and at first they refused to refund (we went in the summer and so they took the first night's room and tax immediately after booking). Finally they agreed to refund us one night but would keep our deposit from when we initially booked. Since this hotel is cheap, we ate the charge and went to the Holiday Inn right up the hill from the Falls, where we showered and threw the clothes we were wearing in the A1 into plastic bags (I almost considered throwing them away completely - that is how disgusting this hotel was). I would NEVER recommend this hotel to anyone and those of you rating this place as amazing were obviously either high or drunk when staying here because no person in their right mind would ever rate this place as fantastic.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
6  Thank Erin H
Reviewed January 6, 2013

My husband, mother and sister booked two rooms and paid for 5 nights in advance. That was a mistake. There was a sign at the desk that read no refunds after check in. Now I understand why. The room was dirty. The bathroom was gross. The whole motel needs to be renovated. When we checked out I commented to the owner that I learned two valuable lessons; never pay in advance and always check the room first.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family