“Comfy, clean... no complaints!”

Super 8 Niagara Falls North
Ranked #59 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Markham, Ontario, Canada
“Comfy, clean... no complaints!”
Reviewed 8 March 2012

Got a great online deal for a night stay and wine tour for 2 people that even included a bottle of wine - great deal! I knew this was a motel style place, not some fancy hotel resort, so I knew what I was getting into. May not look like much, but the employees at the counter are super nice, including Fred and Aaron (I spoke with them over the phone several times and they were very accommodating), and the rooms were clean and comfortable. The free wine bottle that was part of our rare deal (delicious VQA wine!) was even chilling in the ice bucket with 2 wine glasses (glass not plastic!) when we arrived back from our wine tour to check in, along with a welcome note! They upgraded us to a king size bed at no extra charge even since we were nice and chatting it up with the guys. There was even a fridge and microwave in the room to store and re-heat our leftovers. We called for a cab to Clifton Hill from the lobby taxi phone (only a 10 minute ride!), and the cab came within minutes of the call. We slept great, the beds were comfy, and we got the free continental breakfast. It's not a grand buffet or anything - just coffee, juice, cereal, bread and muffins, but it was all we needed and what you expect from the continental. The restaurant next door appeared to be closed when we were there so I am not sure about that, but it looked a bit sketchy, but can't say anything for sure. We went in February, so we couldn't test the outdoor heated pool - too bad. The day we left, Fred provided us with coupons to some attractions ($2 off Bird Kingdom) and we were off! My boyfriend and I said the same - it was COMFY, CLEAN - NO COMPLAINTS! The other motor-type places we drove by looked really run down and sketchy, so I think we lucked out with Super 8 North! Thanks for helping to make it a fun and great experience! Jasmin :)

6 Thank persnicketyjas

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Korean first
UK
Reviewed 5 March 2012

The Good
-location was fine and near to where we needed to be,
-it was quiet and nicer enviroment conpared to Clifton Hill motels.
-it was clean

The Bad
-at no one time were the staff seeking to be hospitable or accomodating...both at check in and check out

-the bed was awful... we lay down and sank into the middle. so bad we could not sleep and packed up. at 1:30am. we went to the desk and said we are going to have to check out, getting a very sore back from the awful mattress.

-response... there is your reciept... dont understand why the mattress is a problem its only 3 years old ?
-I expected "sorry.. would you like another room"
unless they were expecting a coach load at 2am, there were visibly other rooms available. we were feezing cold ... middle of the night and had to look at the prospect of driving home.

-there were no comfortable chairs in the room just the hard one at the desk or I may have considered crashing on a chair...

-I guess you can have pets here, when we arrived, their is a nice grass area outside by the carpark, we watched dog owners letting there pets make a mess, this happened more than once... just a warning if you have kids and let them sit around near the car park.

The indifferent
-it says free breakfast, whilst we did not stay, having looked at the size of the breakfast area, one family would have filled it.
-all of the resturants around the hotel were closed, it would have been nice to stay somewhere with food nearby instead of having to drive back into Niagara falls,

Room Tip: not sure there is any, but ask for a ground floor room, we had more stairs that we were expecting to...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank turnbull
batala
Reviewed 1 March 2012

Suoer8, the place one must stay once in his/her life, really a worth place to visit.
I love travelling, this was my first visit to Niagara Falls but unfortunately the weather turned terrible. We stayed at Super8, in few hours it started snowing heavy and i was so upset, i thought I will have to cancel all my plans but after few hours it stopped snowing and I looked out of the window, it was a snowy white surrounding and it was fairy beautiful, I was amazed to see it. It was a beautiful view, more beautiful than the hotel aroundf the falls, it made my stay more amazing than I thought. The rooms were very sapcious and comfortable. The satff was warm welcoming. I enjoyed my stay very much and I am waiting tyo again, I would recommend this hotel to everybody who is reading this and I told about this hotel and its view to all my friends.

4 Thank sam s
Georgina, Canada
Reviewed 23 February 2012

Recently 6 friends rented 3 rooms for the weekend. We booked at different times.

The staff were very accomodating placing all of us in side by side rooms. The beds and pillows were fantastic. The rooms spacious and clean.
We were offered directions etc. to where we wanted to go, and a discount for the Hard Rock Cafe.

We highly reccomed this hotel and will stay there again in the summer

Room Tip: Tell the staff what you are looking for and I am sure they will accomodate you.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank Dianne F
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed 18 February 2012

It started bad and continued to get worse. This overnight trip was for a quiet birthday away from home and was booked directly through the hotels website. The description of the room said it had a hot tub (major reason for booking this room), and surprise...it didn't. I knew this was a older no frills hotel, but I truly expected more. The carpet was dirty, holes in the wall that were plastered but not painted over, wallpaper that was peeling, cob webs in the corners, paint missing on door frames, black finger prints on walls, water damage in bathroom, crack in bathroom ceiling, lights that didn't work, outdated furniture, holes in towels, flat worn out pillows and noisy outdated tv with 13 channels. This place looked like a scary motel that you would see in a movie. The only good points were the water pressure in the shower was amazing, it was quiet and the staff was friendly.
My stay at this hotel has ruined my overall impression of the whole chain and I would never reccomend this hotel to anyone!

5 Thank mattd555
Brampton, Canada
Reviewed 8 February 2012

I stayed on 29 January, 2012 the view in the winters is awesome, worth a see. Rooms are spacious and very comfortable. We enjoyed our whole stay at this hotel. The staff was so friendly and caring, our children and we had the comfort like home. We will always go to this hotel whenever we go to Niagara Falls. I should tell all of you that please go to the falls in winters it looks out of this world, just like a seen from heaven, all fairy white and clean. The view from the hotel is also gorgeous, its so quiet and nice, I loved it and cant wait to go one more time. I highly recommend this hotel to everybody and specially in winters. I have put on some of the pics for you all, have a look. Name of customer stayed - Baljinder
Thanks

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Baljinder K
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 8 February 2012

My wife and I were immediately impressed by the fresh, clean bathroom in our bargain-priced room. And the fridge proved handy for our two-day stay. The heater was maybe a little too efficient and needed some modulation. The location along the river near Great Wolf Lodge, beside the Whirlpool and the Spanish Aero Car, is really breath-taking (even in February). And, oh yes, the Falls are just a five-minute drive away. You could probably walk to the Falls or ride a bike when there's no snow (like this winter!). Ben and the other staff member we met were quite friendly and helpful.

2 Thank JimD55