“Never agent is this place no no no no ..” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Americana Resort

Americana Resort
Ranked #36 of 130 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Toronto, Canada
“Never agent is this place no no no no ..”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2012

According to the hotels I stay before this hotel is not good...
When I’m happy I don’t care about price bad here wow no thank you never agent.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
London, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2012

We went to the Americana with our two year old. The rooms are great - big and clean with a fridge and sink. Hotel itself is nice, and evening entertainment for the little ones is a nice touch (though I felt bad for the magician who was being heckled by drunk, yes drunk, parents who brought their beer to the children's magic show!). The restaurant is decent - food just ok, but staff very nice.
The water park is, as other raters have said, a good size for the under 8 crowd. But it was FREEZING in there - and cold does not usually bother our family - so it was really cold. All of the toddlers with no body fat were positively blue and the toddler pool was the coldest of them all - we kept bringing our daughter to the wave pool to 'warm up' though it wasn't much warmer. This was a disappointment as it hadn't even occurred to us we'd have to keep leaving to warm up. If the water park had been an appropriate temperature, I'd have been happy to give the Americana a top rating!

Room Tip: Ask to be on an upper floor - we were on the 3rd and it was very quiet.
1 Thank WaveyJs
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

We have two young children (3 and 6) and hence were looking for a smaller waterpark that fit their age group. Americana's waterpark is not big at all, and certainly had enough water attractions for the little ones. They even have a smaller play area for babies and toddlers and even their biggest slide was age appropriate for my 6 year old. Although my kids did find the water temperature on the cold side, 84F is actually quite pleasant and not what I would consider cold as an adult. They also had a reptile show and magic show for kids on the weekend we went in January, and both were great entertainment for the kids. Don't miss them as they are a lot of fun. We only had breakfast in the restaurant as it was included in our stay and was quite good as there was a free upgrade to their all you can eat buffet which is good for little ones who are picky. The room was nothing special, other than it's size which is spectacularly big! There is lots of room and big washroom which is great for changing in and out your swimming clothes.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2012

We went to this disaster over the family day long weekend. It started with a large line up that was that way because the front desk cannot handle volume. We arrived at 1pm on Saturday and about 11 families were ahead of us in line. It took about 1 hr to check in. We paid for a 2 bedroom suite at what ended up being 400/night. I expected a nice room and a great weekend. Instead we received a room on the first floor where we needed to pass 4 doors to the outside on way to and from the waterpark. 2 weeks later my wife, 2 kids and I still have congestion. The pool is stated to have high levels of chlorine. I used to work in the pool industry and understand about water chemistry. The insance amounts of chlorine are due to poor ph balance. The chlorine that is in the water is ineffective as a result. The water temp was good the first day but the second day it was freezing. This contributed to our being sick. The food was disgusting. I would not feed it to my sisters dog. We tried Jack Tanners and the pool bar. Breakfast was horrible. The sausgage tasted like watery garbage. The pizza and wings we order by pool was horrible with the wings being under cooked and the pizza being a doghie McCain frozen pizza for 25 dollars! The service at front desk was simply embarrassing. I travel to US a great deal and am an avid Starwood member. This place should take some training on customer service. When we checked out 1 day early they asked me if everything was ok. Are you kidding? I complained about our room and the food multiple times! By the time we decided to cut our losses and go home it was far too late. They might have stolen our money but we are never going back. Avoid this place like the plague.

Room Tip: Do not accept anything on the first floor. Most rooms are on the first floor though.
5 Thank Dimitry S
skii26
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

I'm a single father with a 4 and a 10 year old.

This is the perfect hotel for the family with small kids. I've stayed at the other waterparks and although they are good, you get lost in the huge crowds. This is just the right size for my of family. The games room was just perfect as there was enough to do, without breaking my bank account. I could see the kids easily in the waterpark without any of us getting lost. The waterslides were the right size and the line ups moved fast enough that we were not waiting more than enjoying our time.

The restaurant is basic and does the job. I wouldn't give it a 5 star, but all the booths had a TV and I could actually enjoy my meal for once.

The kids room was amazing, and lots of fun for the kids. They had their own TV, bathroom and I could watch my own TV and get a good nights rest. The kids room had bunk beds with a mermaid and pirate setting. My youngest wasn't keen on the pirate, but they both loved the mermaids.

The staff was friendly and courteous.

Bottom line: This is fantastic for small kids and families. I will be looking to try the SPA and see about spending a romantic evening with my girlfriend in the future.

Room Tip: If you have kids, ask for the Pirate/Mermaid room. I thought it was 2 separate rooms ie. a Pirate ro...
2 Thank skii26
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

Very disaappointung for my family. Check out other resorts in the area which offer much better value for the same money. Avoid the restaurant at ALL costs. We expirenced every type of poor customer service possible during the 2 meals we had their (unfortunately their location and a coupon sucked us back for the second meal) avoid if at all possible.

• Stayed February 2012
Toronto, ON
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2012

I stayed at this hotel for three nights with my husband and 4 year old daughter (Feb 16th thru 19th). It was very clean and the room was spacious and included a mini fridge, microwave and a coffee maker. It looked as though the rooms were recently renovated. Parking was free which was a nice bonus. Staff were very pleasant and efficient. I appreciated that the front desk staff gave us a room located very close to the indoor water park. The waterpark is perfect for young children as they allow them on the tube slides with an adult. My daughter had a lot of fun. The temperature was kept at a very comfortable level in the park and the fact that it allowed for a lot of sunlight to come made us forget that we were in the middle of winter. We liked that the pool water was also heated. My daughter loved their wave pool and the wading pool. It was nice that we did not have to pay for parking or the life jacket for my daughter (we had to pay for both at another waterpark we went to at Niagara Falls). The hotel is located on Lundy's Lane which is a central street and houses a number of very popular restaurants. However we ate breakfast and dinner at the hotel restaurant, Jack Tanner's as had the coupons included in our package. We loved the food there which was consistently very well prepared and staff were very friendly. We also tried the large twelve slice pizza at the waterpark snack bar which not as great but reasonably priced. If you have the coupons included in the vacation package you can either use them towards the Jack Tanner's breakfast or lunch at the waterpark snack bar. Evening entertainment for the children included a live show one evening and the arcade games which were open later than the waterpark. It was a nice stay as we did not have to leave the hotel at all and could forget about the cold weather outside while enjoying our family getaway.

2 Thank WorldExplorer28