“Deliciousness”

Doc Magilligan's Irish Pub & Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Doc Magilligan's Irish Pub & Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 582 Restaurants in Niagara Falls
Price range: US$12 - US$20
Cuisines: Irish, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Doc Magillign's Irish Pub is Niagara only true Irish Pub, serving breakfast, lunch, dinner and late night menu. Live entertainment, outdoor patio. On the red line WEGO shuttle, beside Best Western Cairn Croft Hotel .
Reviewed 17 August 2017

We stayed in the hotel where this Irish Pub / Restaurant was located, and we read great things about it, so we decided to go there to eat. We were not disappointed! Our waitress was friendly and professional. The interior of the restaurant (much of which we understood was built in Ireland and shipped here) really had that authentic feel to it. Everything we we ordered (bruschetta, calamari, bangers and mash, fisherman's pie, chicken wrap) was delicious. We definitely recommend it and look forward to our next visit.

Reviewed 11 August 2017

We had decided to go for a late dinner, but before 9 pm, and entered the restaurant as we usually do.We waited a few minutes as the restaurant was a little more quiet than we have usually seen. We finally had the floor manager, we believe, take us to a table and he told us that "someone will be right with you". We waited more than 12 minutes for a waitress to come see us after she had been to a table a few feet away from us, with her back turned completely towards us. I had also made eye contact with one or two other servers who quickly made their way to the kitchen area. Once we placed our order, our beer and delicious calamari were brought out for us to enjoy. As I am known to do, I will not "dip" my food into sauces served separately when sharing with someone. I used my fork to scoop out some sauce and moved it to my plate, tapping lightly on the plate to ensure that all the dip comes off my fork. Within a minute, the table that the server had visited earlier with her back to us, started tapping on the table, not one of them but most of them!.Yes, even though I am an "old Fart", according to these brilliant 20 somethings, I did notice their continuous repetitive tapping throughout our meal. The server came over to their table and I thought maybe she had said something to them but apparently not. They later did it a few more times. The meal was very good but the atmosphere was terrible. The server got the usual 20% tip because she did what was expected. When we were leaving, the table serenaded my wife and myself as we left, with a loud chorus of table drumming. If this is how the next generation deals with the older folks, I feel sorry for the future. I am also upset with the restaurant as they were paying too much attention to the younger crowd, but didn't say anything to them about their behaviour which was evident to more than just us.. We all pay the same amount for the food we eat. I have since sent an email to the restaurant and have waited 2 weeks for at least an acknowledgement but to this day have not even heard a "thank you for your comments" or "we will look into this". We even sent the bill #, server # and name so that they could use it as a training moment. We're not looking for anything other than the acknowledgement!

DocMagilligans, Manager at Doc Magilligan's Irish Pub & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2017

Thank you for your comments. It should be noted that we did not receive your email, but please feel free to forward the information to gary.beynon@docmagilligans.com. We are terribly sorry you were made to feel uncomfortable on the evening you dined with us. Happy to hear you enjoyed the food and you were pleased with the service. We look forward to receiving your email and we appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

It was nice to get back here only for the clam chowder. The best in the area. The Irish bread is pretty good too. Steve s

Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

Nice little Pub has some decent food service was okay not great just okay. Had the Irish beef stew wife had fish and chips both were fairly tasty.

Reviewed 5 August 2017

Very Good Fish N Chips! Batter was really light, and the piece of fish was a good size, not those teaser ones you get at some places. Don't think it was frozen! The fresh made chips were good also. Just what you expect from a Pub!
Had a really good breakfast there also...at a reasonable price!