“Comfort Inn Fallsview”

Comfort Inn Fallsview
Ranked #50 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed 11 July 2017

We spent 4 nights at the Comfort Inn Fallsview. We could see a bit of the river feeding the falls from our standard room. The location is great - just a short walk to the Incline Railway, and not a bad walk to the Fallsview Casino, Skylon Tower, or even Table Rock without the railway. There were also a few close WeGo bus stops convenient to the hotel for the further attractions. The room was clean and comfortable, although we weren't there much. From the balcony, we could hear loud music from Copacabana and My Cousin Vinny's restaurants, but once the door was closed, the room was suprisingly quiet. A mini-fridge is NOT included. Unlike other Choice Hotels we have stayed at, the breakfast buffet doesn't have a microwave available - my son likes to heat up the muffins with a bit of butter. The buffet area was a bit crowded, and it's only open until 9 am. I really think keeping it open until 10 am would have helped with the crowding issues. Plus, not everyone wants to wake up early on vacation. The indoor pool/hot tub area stunk of chlorine to the point where my eyes were stinging just from sitting in the room. You could feel the humid heat and smell the chlorine from the 1st floor rooms around the pool area and I probably would have had to switch rooms if that's where I had been placed. The July room price is higher than I have paid to stay at much higher end places, but the location close to the falls made it worthwhile. Overall, I was happy with the choice in hotel, and I would make the same choice if I ever go back.

Room Tip: 1st floor rooms by the pool might be humid and smell like chlorine.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank mom2touchdown
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn Fallsview

Reviewed 10 July 2017

My girlfriends and I stayed for 2 nights over the Canada day weekend. It was okay. We were on the first floor. Original given a 2nd floor room with no access to the elevator. One of my girlfriends cannot climb stairs due to a physical ailment, so we asked for a change of room. This was readily granted, no problem. Check in was quick and easy with a friendly desk clerk. However, he had a cold....you could hear the rattle on his chest when he coughed. And he was coughing in his hands, then handled the check-in papers and my credit card...gross!! I had to sanitize my credit card.
Regular hotel room with semi horrible pillows. Breakfast was included which was not bad. However, from our room we had to walk outside (thru the parking lot) to get back inside, to the breakfast room. Did we miss an inside door?
Check out was not pleasant. When we arrived at the front desk there was one customer and two desk clerks. One desk clerk was assisting the customer and the other one was just watching on. She saw us arrive but made no effort to assist us. So we waited politely. Shortly, another customer arrived and wanted to be checked out too and the clerk immediately started to do so, when I asked her very loudly if she did not see us standing there waiting? Her excuse was it was her first day on the job! So, management of Comfort Inn, you need to do a better job of training your employees. I dislike using the race card but I would hate to think it was the colour of our skin that we were so blatantly ignored. This was our second stay at Comfort Inn over the Canada Day weekend, but I don't know if we will return next year. Very disappointing end to our stay.

Room Tip: Can't say, we were on the first floor overlooking the parking lot.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 July 2017

This multistory hotel is just up the road from the falls on the Canadian side of the river. As the name implies you can see the river from certain strategic spots on the south side of the hotel. Unlike the Comfort Inns in the USA this hotel does not have fridges and microwaves as part of the standard amenities of the room. So if you are on the road you will have to pay ten dollars to get a fridge for the night or stock up on ice from the machine just outside the dining room so that your perishables don’t spoil. The breakfast was the usual Comfort Inn fair with waffles, eggs, hot foods and the like. However, the dining room was much too small for the number of guests. Make sure you get there early or you will have to wait outside until a table clears. In addition there is a steep parking charge if you want to keep your car in the lot outside the hotel. Quite strange. In all the staff were very friendly and helpful and the room was very nice. Would not hesitate to stay here, but I would investigate whether the other more “expensive” hotels in the area give you a free fridge and free parking thus making them not so “expensive”.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mefixer
Reviewed 6 July 2017

The location was good. Right next to the falls and the inclined railway. The hotel is run down. We were stuck on the first floor, which had no AC in the hall and smelled. Also the patio door did not lock. They didn't have enough room at breakfast so we were sent across the street in the rain to another breakfast that was not good at all.

When we came back on our second day, we noticed room service stacked our dirty used cups back in the bathroom with the clean ups, face down on the bathroom counter. They also left us with no toilet paper for 4 people. When we complained to the front desk they gave us a bunch of cups and only one roll of toilet paper but didn't seem surprised.

Upon checking out they offered us no compensation for our awful stay because we booked through expedia.

I do not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lauren S
Reviewed 3 July 2017

I stayed here for 3 night early in June. The check in was quick and easy. My room was on the 5th floor right off the elevator. I thought that might make for a noisy stay but I didn't hear a thing.

The room was small but it served its purpose - the room was clean. I could see the falls from my room (well - the cloud of mist that looked like fog - awesome just the same).

The hotel does not have a restaurant in it. They do offer full breakfast in the morning but the room is very small and the line to get in is lengthy. I went down the first morning but didn't go a second time - the food is cooked off-site and brought in; there wasn't a lot left when I got there. As a diabetic, I went elsewhere the following two mornings (having a diabetic emergency as a result of that experience was not worth it).

On the final day when I had to check out, my luggage was to be locked in the breakfast room once breakfast was over. I was reduced to tears instantly when I went down and it was no where to be found. I went back tot he front desk crying only to find it had been left there for the day (for which I was thankful to find).

There are several restaurants in the area - one of them provided live entertainment in the evening - that was nice to listen to from my room.

The wifi... worked great in the lobby but in the room, not so much. I used more data than I did wifi.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Brenda P
Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

We stayed here two nights. We were on the fourth floor facing the falls side (but couldn't actually see the falls.)

First some positives: The location is pretty good. It is just a few blocks from the incline railroad. Our room was fairly clean, although small and outdated.

The negatives: Breakfast. The breakfast room is smaller than my living room and services 7 floors mostly between the hours of 8-9. We managed to get a table without waiting the first morning, but there was a long line when we left. It was a disappointing selection of foods. I would not have wanted to wait for it. There is also a sign telling people that they cannot take food out of the breakfast room. I would think people eating out of the room would alleviate some problems. We didn't even bother going to breakfast the next morning and ate somewhere on our way home.
The elevator was broken more often than it wasn't. Luckily it was working when we checked out with our luggage. The free WiFi worked sporadically. Parking was costly and finding a spot was an issue at night. The parking attendant just sort of made up some spots for people.

Overall it wasn't a vacation ruining experience. It was a place to sleep. If we ever come back to Niagara Falls again, we wouldn't stay here.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank rvanorden
Reviewed 24 June 2017

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights. I've been to Niagara Falls on the Canadian side at least 10 times and this is worst experience I've had at one of the hotels there. The room was small and cramped and the bed was murder on our backs. The elevator broke down 3 times while we were there. An employee told us that the first time it broke it was not fixed properly, which is why it kept failing. We were on the 6th floor and the elevator was unusable during checkout. The staff seemed indifferent until I specifically told them that I would not be checking out until it was fixed or we received assistance bringing our belongings down. The building is also not very secure, as there is a door on the side of the building near the elevator that remains unlocked at all times. The wifi does not work once people come back to their rooms. Do yourself a favor and stay elsewhere as there are many awesome hotels in this area.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple