I arrived late on a Friday evening, and the check-in went without a hitch and the receptionist was very friendly. I walked into room 222 and upon walking in the room looked lovely, until I went all the way into the room and there was a very loud noise . This noise was so loud that standing by the bed you could actually feel the floor vibrations. I'm not one to normally complain but I knew there was no way I would be able to sleep with this noise. It was like having a freight train or airport right beside the hotel.
I went down to the reception and asked to move, he explained they were fully booked and that they couldn't move me that night but they would send someone to the roof and see if they could fix the problem, ( the furnace?) I said that would be appreciated. He was very friendly and came to the room and acknowledged that this was a big problem and told me that he could move me the next day and that this has happened before and that it usually stops around 11pm. I'm not sure why it could, but I didn't have much choice at that point. He said that he was very sorry and that the manager would acknowledge this and do something about it.
Let's just say the noise never stopped and would constantly change so I couldn't get any rest. I went out to the couch and read my book just to get some quiet. It was so bad it gave me a headache. It was a horrible, so avoid this room! I did get a new room the next day and it was great!! I do realize the floors are squeaky and somewhat warped, but both rooms were very clean and looked great. I feel sorry for the person who got that room the next night.
If you have any problems, forget about hearing from the manager. There was not even an acknowledgement for the inconvenience. I understand I had a great deal through Group On but considering I would have rather stayed home the first night it really was not a good deal.
All in all I would recommend the hotel if you can avoid room 222. Also the hotel restaurant AG was fantastic.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As Niagara Falls' only Boutique Hotel the Sterling Inn & Spa is a fusion between a luxury hotel and a Fine Inn. From the tranquility of our full service spa, to our fine dining restaurant AG offering regional cuisine in a cool urban setting, the Sterling Inn & Spa is truly an experience in its self. With amenities and rooms that cater to couples, it is the perfect place for a honeymoon or romantic getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Cancelon, Travelocity.ca and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sterling Inn & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sterling Inn And Spa
- Sterling Hotel Niagara Falls
- Sterling Niagara Falls
- Sterling Inn Niagara Falls
- Sterling Inn & Spa Niagara Falls, Ontario