“Amazing” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Stoney Creek
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

Just returned from our stay a few days ago. Amazing place to stay! Can't wait to return. Hopefully sooner than later.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Ashley J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (322)
  • Arabic first
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

Me and my boyfriend stayed at Sterling Inn at the end of February 2012 and did not enjoy our stay. The receptionist took forever to check us in and informed us that we were late for our dinner reservation. And unfortunately there is nothing he could do about our dinner credit since the restaurant would be closed next day.

Hotel is further away from all main attractions, including both Casinos, all restaurants and bars. The receptionist told us that Casino Niagara within walking distance and it was NOT... it was 10 minutes cab ride- 10 bucks- 30 minutes walk ( when it was - 10 C)

The room was very clean and specious. Clean, comfortable bed, spacious shower and jacuzzi. The fireplace made the room cozy on the cold night!!!

We will not be returning to this hotel!If you are looking for " Niagara experience" stay at Embassy or near Casino if you are looking for quite get away go to Niagara-on-the Lake!!!

This was very poor choice!

6 Thank vlada12
Newmarket, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

What a terrible experience. Stay away from this place. When my wife and I showed up for our two night stay we were told that our reservation was booked for the following month and not for the two nights that we showed up for. This was after making us wait for almost half an hour in the lobby. There was no apology and it was implied that it was our fault. I am quite certain that I know when I was planning on going away for the weekend. Ridiculous. We were then told that they were fully booked and they had no room for us. Complete lack of class. I would never go back to this place. There is no lack of hotels in the area so I would save yourself the hassle and stay somewhere else. Maybe when they are not being fully booked on weekends they will see the need to have decent customer service.

Room Tip: Choose a room in a different hotel.
13 Thank William B
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

Just returned for a really relaxing two night stay in this hotel. Came on a Team Buy voucher. Always wanted to try this place out and this gave us a good excuse to get a deal on it. Check in was a breeze, and staff were all very friendly. The room was spacious and a standard room is like a suite. Big comfy king sized bed, and everything was super clean and fresh.

We had a gigantic bathroom with a steam shower. With that and the water jets going it was great to have a long, relaxing shower. Didn't want to get out! The other half was getting over a cold so the steam cleared the head right up. The breakfast delivered in the morning was perfect, light and healthy. We had a voucher included to use at AG and it was fantastic, easily the best and most creative food we've had in the Falls. The whole stay was really a treat, would gladly pay full price to stay here again.

Parking is free which is rare for the area. The outside of the building looks kind of blah but that all changes when you enter the beautiful lobby. It's an easy 10 minute walk to Casino Niagara. Fallsview Casino is a bit further at about a 20 minute walk. Clifton Hill is close, but it's one of the few hotels in the area that's not designed for kids but rather for relaxing.

5 Thank abigllama
Kaaawa, Hawaii
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

The rooms at this hotel are beautiful, large and SO relaxing, and with the fireplace and spa bath you really feel as though you are staying in the Alps. The breakfast is plentiful, healthy and delicious--best croissants this side of Paris. I'd stay here if you had a trip to Toronto planned; it's about an hour away, but the price and luxury make it so worth the drive--a similar room in the city would be upwards of 400 a night. A bonus is the toiletries--they are by a company called Organix, and are so good I tried to get them in full size, but they are only made for hotels. When I go to the Sterling, I treat my self to a "spa" experience in the privacy of my own room.

This place is the perfect romantic getaway for those times when you don't even want to leave the room. Also, the mattresses are very firm.

The only reason I didn't rate it 5 stars is that sometimes things like the mantle and the blinds are dusty. With the other plus factors, that's not much of a detractor for me!

Room Tip: They are all beautiful
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank laursie10
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

I arrived late on a Friday evening, and the check-in went without a hitch and the receptionist was very friendly. I walked into room 222 and upon walking in the room looked lovely, until I went all the way into the room and there was a very loud noise . This noise was so loud that standing by the bed you could actually feel the floor vibrations. I'm not one to normally complain but I knew there was no way I would be able to sleep with this noise. It was like having a freight train or airport right beside the hotel.

I went down to the reception and asked to move, he explained they were fully booked and that they couldn't move me that night but they would send someone to the roof and see if they could fix the problem, ( the furnace?) I said that would be appreciated. He was very friendly and came to the room and acknowledged that this was a big problem and told me that he could move me the next day and that this has happened before and that it usually stops around 11pm. I'm not sure why it could, but I didn't have much choice at that point. He said that he was very sorry and that the manager would acknowledge this and do something about it.

Let's just say the noise never stopped and would constantly change so I couldn't get any rest. I went out to the couch and read my book just to get some quiet. It was so bad it gave me a headache. It was a horrible, so avoid this room! I did get a new room the next day and it was great!! I do realize the floors are squeaky and somewhat warped, but both rooms were very clean and looked great. I feel sorry for the person who got that room the next night.

If you have any problems, forget about hearing from the manager. There was not even an acknowledgement for the inconvenience. I understand I had a great deal through Group On but considering I would have rather stayed home the first night it really was not a good deal.

All in all I would recommend the hotel if you can avoid room 222. Also the hotel restaurant AG was fantastic.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Britnes
Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

Amazing hotel, unique decor & wonderful service! This was our second stay within 3 months since we enjoyed it so much. The couples massage at the spa is a must!!

• Stayed February 2012