“Simple yet tasty food for a family meal”
Review of Betty's

Betty's
Ranked #66 of 572 Restaurants in Niagara Falls
Cuisines: Seafood, Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 14 July 2017

This homey restaurant is a good place to get a big meal at a decent price, especially when in the tourist crazy Niagara Falls area. Three people in my group had the fish and chips and loved it. Another had the cabbage rolls which he loved. I had "Beef on Weck" which was OK but next time I think I'll get the Fish and Chips.
Of course you can't leave without a piece of pie. The crust is fabulous and I've never had a pie there yet!

There are newer reviews for Betty's

Reviewed 12 July 2017

so, on the last leg of our bus trip, we went to Betty's restaurant for dinner.

this place is HUGE.
get this: another bus pulled up as we were entering the restaurant.

anyway, I had the fish & chips and gotta tell ya, it was very TASTY. and actually, all the people at our table seemed to enjoy their choices too.
some had roast beef while others had the chicken.
choice of pies for dessert---lemon, cherry, blueberry, apple or chocolate.
I like cherry--everything--so I picked the cherry pie.
TASTY, but could have had more cherries. not complaining though.

Betty's staff is very pleasant, and the restaurant is super clean.
glad we went there.

Reviewed 4 July 2017

My hubs and I had lunch at Betty's. We were on a bike ride. The service and food was great. We wanted vegetarian without cheese and they were very happy to accomodate, since everything is made fresh right there. We were quite full so didn't order any - but the couple at the table told us next time to save room for PIE. I have heard from more than one person that their pie is amazing!

Reviewed 3 July 2017

Based on the positive reviews I felt this might be a better choice than lunch in Niagara Falls, in terms of both price and quality of food.

But from the moment I arrived, it felt like a restaurant purpose-built for coach tours and senior groups.

If my tour was scheduled to stop here, I would have no problem with that and no doubt would be satisfied with my meal. But I wouldn't have driven several km's out of my way for this meal.

There are 3 fish and chip restaurants within 10 minutes of my home that do a much better job of this specialty (which is what Betty's is famous for?). The fish did taste fresh but was rather oily, and the tartar sauce was of a consistency that it could be poured. I honestly have never seen tartar sauce like that anywhere (and fish and chips is a LONG time love of mine).

The server did not check back after delivering the meal, except to ask if I wanted to order dessert.

Perhaps if I was more of a pie eater that would have been the redeeming feature of the meal, but my rather simple meal had actually taken quite a while and I had places that I wanted to visit.

My word for this one is: average

Reviewed 17 June 2017

On our bus tour Betty's Restaurant was one of our scheduled dinner places. The food was very good...our choices were beef, chicken or fish. The service was very good (especially given that there were 46 of us) Gayle was our server.
We also had a choice of luscious pie for desert. I had Lemon Meringue and Tom had cherry. Yum-eee
I can't comment on the price because it was included in our package