“Everyone recommends it”

Cuisines: Seafood, Canadian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 6 August 2017

This was the first place we heard about when we got to town. They said it was good Canadian food and they weren't wrong.

There are newer reviews for Betty's

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

Took my family for breakfast. Called and the service was not in my opinion friendly when I inquired if they are still serving breakfast. Went in anyway. I felt like I was eating at a nursing home. Eggs liquid and fake for scrambled. Bacon paper thin like it comes precooked in a box. Home fries were ok .home made but not fresh to my order. I expected more from such a busy home grown business. I understand it's about volume at times but don't forget the quality. It might cost more but the guest can tell. Kids milkshake was like water with nesquick in it for strawberry flavour and the coffee was old and cheap. That's the truth people. May look nice but blaw,blaw blaw!

Reviewed 1 August 2017

This is a great place for seniors to dine. If you are there early on a Friday before the crowds it is a quiet atmosphere. We occasionally go out on a Friday evening for their fish fry. Although the food is great, the service sometimes is lacking. You have to try a piece of one of their fabulous pies. Mouth watering good. Usually we are full after the main course, so we bring a piece of pie home with us for later. However, if you arrive after 6 PM you would be hardpressed to get a seat right away. There are numerous bus tours that stop there that tend to fill the restaurant quickly.

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

Food was lukewarm when brought to the table. After food was dropped off waitress disappeared. Found her at the bar having a personal conversation with bartender and she didn't seem impressed that I tracked her down. Out of four dinners, only one was hot. Waitress didn't warm up coffees or top off water. She did take two dinners back to warm up but only one came back hot. I think had the dinner been hot it could have been pretty good. With family in the restaurant business I know what goes on behind the scenes. Being busy is not an excuse for the poor food or rudeness people.

Reviewed 24 July 2017

We went on a Sunday evening and closed the place! We had the Prime Rib special that came with soup and dessert. Amazing! Great prices! Our server was spectacular! If you haven't been - you have to go!